(Solved)Crash To Desktop, cant find model file

Gouanaco
Scavenger

(Solved)Crash To Desktop, cant find model file

Postby Gouanaco » 16 Sep 2016, 01:55

I am recieving a fatal error in certain parts of the game, which causes me to CTD. It occurs when im roaming through zones. Agroprom and darkscape are the ones I have found that cause this ctd.

Expression : fatalerror
Function : CmodelPool::Instace_Load
File : ..\xrRender\ModelPool.cpp
Line : 117
Description : <no expression>
Arguments : Can`t find model file
'actors\stalker_bandit\stalker_bandit_exo.ogf'.

stack trace:

0023:0056717F xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()
0023:005785A0 xrCore.dll, IIniFileStream::'vftable'()

This crash also occurs for the military not just the bandits. Other that this the only problems ive run into are other addons causing startup crashes,(which I have removed).
Last edited by Gouanaco on 16 Sep 2016, 02:37, edited 1 time in total.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Crash To Desktop, cant find model file

Postby Alundaio » 16 Sep 2016, 02:02

What version of the mod are you running? Exo Bandit was added later, I can't remember which patch. You might have older patch but are using newer configs supplied by an addon.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Gouanaco
Scavenger

Re: Crash To Desktop, cant find model file

Postby Gouanaco » 16 Sep 2016, 02:16

I installed Coc from moddb and then manually instaled the patch from moddb and ran the Cocadater.

The Cocadater says CoC v1.2.0

Ingame is 1.2

So I might have the wrong patch?

Edit: ah I see what you mean. 1.3.20 is the latest. Ill try running the cocadter again.

2ndEdit: ingamr and cocadater now says 1.3.20, will yry those locations and see if it crashes

3rdEdit: Thanks for pointing that out, just checked that area in darkscape and I got shot without any ctd. I appreciate the fast response.

The problem I think was becuase I had copied the configs over but I didnt copy the resource files over properly.

Return to “General Discussion”