Suggestions Thread

Balathruin
Trespasser

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Balathruin » 31 Dec 2017, 10:55

EGZOdaw wrote:I'd love to see a "Factions" tab in PDA instead of "Relations" tab.

Relations tab is important, traders use those values.

EGZOdaw
Scavenger

Postby EGZOdaw » 03 Jan 2018, 11:30

Then just you could add it as new tab.
Other suggestions:

1.Add feature (and ability to turn off/on or change styles in options): Show squads on PDA map. Just like in this addon: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... ads-on-map
Feature that CoC definitely need. I missed it when I played CoC for first time so much.
2.Add this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... coc-1-4-22
Many people would be pleased with it.
3.And meaby add this one: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... coc-1-4-22
Pretty small, but nice feature.

Balathruin
Trespasser

Postby Balathruin » 03 Jan 2018, 11:32

EGZOdaw wrote:2.Add this: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... coc-1-4-22
Many people would be pleased with it.

One of the main features of 1.5.

EGZOdaw
Scavenger

Postby EGZOdaw » 03 Jan 2018, 14:58

Balathruin wrote:One of the main features of 1.5.

That's great. What about optional displaying squads on PDA map? I think many people want it. But without displaying enemy squad leaders on minimap :)
Just like in S:CS
And what about stashes?

Also, I think many people would like this as an optional feature: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... coc-1-4-22
These addons I suggested will add more variety to the game, which I think is a good thing. Especially in freeplay mod :)

How's work on smart covers? Any problems, or everything goes well?

I really wold like to se it, as well as some of other AI behaviours from Clear Sky. For example feature added in Extended offline Chernobyl (which I am currently translating) called faction brain or something like that. It controls whole faction and set it's main targets. I think that would be cool, however some people might not like it.

Ted
Scavenger

Postby Ted » 18 Jan 2018, 18:07

Sorry for triple post, for some reason forums gived me "too few characters" error

Will put here some suggestions I wanna make after my experiece with mod - maybe they be sometimes objectivly not the best, but this is things I think should be in perfect stalker, and Call of Chernobyl have all chances to be perfect!

At first from small things:
1.In PDA it be awesome to see more detailed information in statistics, like is was in SoC - how many you killed specific types of mutants, how many you killed stalker of specific rank and group.
2.Personally, I don't like current bandage icon. Maybe back original one? Why iy was changed anyway?
3.Since you added separate inventory cell for knife and binocular now inside inventory, you will add different, maybe most simple knives and binoculars?
4.Maybe add zombie monster in regular game not a bad idea? They can be presented in some places like X16 or inside X10
Last edited by Ted on 18 Jan 2018, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

Ted
Scavenger

Postby Ted » 18 Jan 2018, 18:08

Now, to more big things:

1.Locations:
At first I want to say that I really like how you expand locations! Most like places on borders, where you added a little bit of location untill moving to next one. It not much, but first time give you a lot of immersion. At second, thanks for addeding even some build locations and add more proper anomalies in style of CoP for locations from previous games, even thought they not very interesting and most time just a lot of anomalies of regular type. But, there always a lot opportunities to make better something that already good.
1.1 Merege Rostok and Wild Territory - I think this is not the worst idea. Since Wild Territory already have a lot expansions, this may be next logical step. This locations perfectly fit each other and actually in my opinion shold be one location, so there may be not that much work
1.2 Expand Cordon a little bit - yeah, it pretty solid location even now, but I guess more poins of interest be not bad idea. For example, revorced version of factory from builds, may be placed on north-west or south west.
1.3 Expand Darkscape - this location was designed for be location only for encounter on car, and even in current look kind empty and feels off. one of the opportunities to add stuff here - is forgotten village multiplayer map

It was planned as SoC single player location and most probably planned to be placed between Darkscape and Dark Valley I think add this on north to the darkscape will be good adittion to this currently pretty empty location. Also, be not bad idea to make it more open, at least remove cliffs and make acceble north-west part to make location less lienar (Maybe elements from old "bar "stalker" location that was cuted?). Or place village where it probably was need to be, if follow map - to south of dark valley.

Ted
Scavenger

Postby Ted » 18 Jan 2018, 18:10

1.4 Add things and remade some parts of Limansk. This location is very, very lienar and was maded for absoluetly lienar pass witth some "pussles" and stuff and actually not so good for freeplay mode. One of options where take insperation is firestation multiplayer map, it kinda fits overall style

Exept this all standart - be awesome to see more paths, less invisible and visible walls, south part of city.
1.5 Expand and merege Prypyat' into one location - things like they now, pretty wierd actually, Mostly because how Prypyat' was made in SoC game - kinda SoC and CoP have same spots of the city on borders maded a little bit different. And yes, SoC map is very far wfrom real city layout, so for mereging it probably will requre some rework, but if you do it - it be totally awesome! There also places from prypyat from multiplayer that can be used for expanding city - Sport center with pool
1.6 Dead City need revorks, as graphical, and geometry ones. This is locations from not final bits, Lenin statue is very low poly, some places boring and some have real lack of detalisation or woerd geometry.
1.7 I don't very understand a concept for new location that add CoP - giant park of rust cars. I know this loation from real life, it looks really cool, but it's flat, not very fit in map and very empty. Maybe you can do smoething more cool with it?
1.8 In the last, you may use more stuff and ideas that was cuted or from multiplayer maps, to make from bits most complete map of zone. Of cource some maps like roads between dead city and military and military and radar is probably not very usefull since they was on very early stage of planing, but I don't think idea to have such connection is that bad, maybe can in far happt future make whol game as single location

2.Gameplay and visuals
2.1 I don't like some new visuals CoC added. Like new novice stalker skin where was added black checkered shirt or somehing - it looks wierd and not very good honestely. Same problems with bandit novice where was added some red parts, also Duty stalker skin with too many red parts - not a big fan of this too. It looks custom and not really fits res of the game. Same with one of the newely added gas masks - I don't know what's problem here, but it looks like it not belongs in this game. Maybe take insted of this variant other, like this one that was presented in SoC loading launcher and art?

2.2 I not great fan some music and audio restored. Like "Ющенко наш Президент" in sidorovich bunker. I know it was in original game files, but it was joke and this is old political song, for me personally it broke immersion because it too silly, same with some soviet guy speech record in Rostok
2.3 What with quests and world? I mean I understand that this freeplay and stuff, but game even with story mod feels absoluetly empty. Only very generic randomely generated quests with limited numbers of them. Maybe be better to do proper skripted questlines, like ones in CoP? Add more talks and more unicle characters and unicle events, maybe restore some from previous games, to make CoC actually... game?
2.4 Restore some weapons that was cut? Double barrel BM-16 (not cuted, full version of it), P-90, Bison?
2.5 Make more changes to interface. But it personal - I personally much more fan of Shadow of Chernobyl interface than other games. Character portraits, inventory, other options - I far more like how this look, but maybe not a lot people like it as much as me :)

Anyway big thanx for great mod, looking forward for new versions!

Balathruin
Trespasser

Postby Balathruin » 19 Jan 2018, 14:53

Some of my opinions on this.
Ted wrote:Locations

Merging levels is not that easy, even if they fit perfectly together. Fixing some parts of bar is more important.
MLR created almost the same Cordon I imagined with the factory, but I don't think it will be part of vanilla (huge maybe if it's highly requested).
Darkscape is definietly empty, but we don't really have anyone who could work on it.
Limansk was planned to have modifications, one of the levels I'd definietly work on (if I can get that far).
Pripyat merge is possible and not at the same time. The CoP level is already at it's limits in some places, while the geometry itself wouldn't be an issue.
To be honest I just want to see the full dead city in some mods and see if those could be ported. I don't like the current state of it either.
I have no problems with TC, it's a great map for sniping. It could use more "zone-d" spots, but not sure if it will ever get it.
I think there are only two good MP maps, village and the cut factory. Only problem is the amount of work to get those into the game.
Other than these I'd love to see some community created/modified levels in the game, even if it's just an addon. Why are there none? Well, making functional levels is something that's not really fun in X-Ray.

Ted wrote:Gameplay and visuals

Some models definietly look a bit weird and there were already a few cuts. Personally I'd like a bit more variation, but I haven't seen good vanilla like characters, maybe in OGSE.
"Razom Nas Bahato" was added as questionable and there is a chance it will be cut before 1.5 release (if that ever happens).
Quests are not easy to make and scripted ones defeat replay value. We'll see what can be added.

Main problem with bigger suggestions is that there are very few people who can work on the mod. All three level designers are busy and with Alundaio taking a break scripts, configs and smaller engine changes aren't getting done. I have time, but barely any skill (or patience when working on levels).

J00B
Scavenger

Postby J00B » 02 Feb 2018, 12:22

I really like these edge-of-map details, such as these tree decals in Radar, they sort of tie off the map geometry from the endless skybox void.

Hope more tree decals are used like this in any further map building.

Spoiler:

luppolo
Scavenger

Postby luppolo » 02 Feb 2018, 19:16

please externalize sound properties (eg. ai distance, sound type) in something (maybe ltx files) that dont require the sdk to edit, or at least make possible to override them with ltx files, eg if you have ak_shoot.ltx in some datapath then the properties are loaded from that file instead of the ogg file itself

Balathruin
Trespasser

Postby Balathruin » 03 Feb 2018, 05:51

luppolo wrote:please externalize sound properties (eg. ai distance, sound type) in something (maybe ltx files) that dont require the sdk to edit, or at least make possible to override them with ltx files, eg if you have ak_shoot.ltx in some datapath then the properties are loaded from that file instead of the ogg file itself

I never used the SDK to edit ogg comments (except one time I tried it). I use this instead, simple CMD, it can recomment whole folder with bat files.

luppolo
Scavenger

Postby luppolo » 03 Feb 2018, 19:25

Balathruin wrote:I never used the SDK to edit ogg comments (except one time I tried it). I use this instead, simple CMD, it can recomment whole folder with bat files.

how does it work? it only mentions "correcting" with some default values and not to change them how you want, say i want to make npc "deaf" to something.ogg by setting max ai distance to 0 without changing the other values, how would the command line look like?

DoctorX
Trespasser

Postby DoctorX » 03 Feb 2018, 23:08

I've always used SAVandT 1.1. Very straightforward and has all the options you need:

http://www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html

Scroll down to "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sound Attribute Viewer and Tweaker"

luppolo
Scavenger

Postby luppolo » 04 Feb 2018, 15:20

DoctorX wrote:I've always used SAVandT 1.1. Very straightforward and has all the options you need:

http://www.metacognix.com/files/stlkrsoc/index.html

Scroll down to "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Sound Attribute Viewer and Tweaker"

thanks that's much better

also would be possible to make the game load all items from the various ltx instead of from a "master" ltx (base.ltx in 15r6) that includes all the others? because now every mod with additional items would require editing that file to include your own ltx so items mods will still conflict unless you merge the "master" ltx, which is extremely trivial but if you think just writing "add #include "mymod.ltx"" in the readme is enough to not make people complain about errors when trying to use it on top of other items mod you're in for a bad time

luppolo
Scavenger

Postby luppolo » 13 Feb 2018, 05:07

also it would be great to have cmd in debug_cmd_list.script not local so mods can add/edit debug console commands without having to ship their own (and therefore incompatible with others) debug_cmd_list

in general, making function and variables not local (unless strictly necessary) will help immensely in making mods more compatible with each other so they can just provide function "overrides" in their own script files without altering the original script files, so if mods aren't changing the same functions they will be compatible without needing merge making the installation of many mods at once trivial

Gestalt
Scavenger

Postby Gestalt » 16 Feb 2018, 06:22

My suggestions:
1. The ability to whack enemies with your shooter instead of having to wait 3-5 seconds to switch to your knife. Or having the "physics kick" deal actual damage to living things(and stun them!) instead of just being restricted to pushing inanimate objects around.
2. Bring back the repair kit UI, the new "drag to repair" thing really doesn't fit well at all + you can't use spare parts with it from what I've gathered.

J00B
Scavenger

Postby J00B » 17 Feb 2018, 09:53

Water reflections/shadow

Spoiler:

Return to “General Discussion”