Suggestions Thread

gkirmathal
Scavenger

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby gkirmathal » 25 Oct 2017, 09:43

Apologies if I'm lengthy.
Been playing 1.5r6 some weeks now and thus far been enjoying myself! Though mostly adjusting/testing config's to my own gameplay liking (OWR v1.0), instead of actually playing. Also big thanks to Nour! Hope he can share what he's made for Smurths when a new version releases.
For 1.5r6 I have not yet come across any 'major things', besides some of things RJ mentions or stuff could be added by a mod.

Since SocH/CS/CoP and also in CoC, one thing has been bugging me (besides stock night vision effect) and that is:
- how the AI visibility system works.
If I understood & remember correctly this is/was also a stock issue.

"being sniped in foggy pitch black night conditions from 75m+ away, by a low lvl NPC, as if it were daylight or it having 4th gen NV. While you are running 1st gen NV, that is only just able to distinguish an AI up to ~40m"

Been reading up on Misery (never played it btw) and v2.2.
It seems they have deepened their AI behavior and the vision system. So that it takes into account current weather setting and night lighting for it's visibility checks.

My suggestion is more of 'a request', and maybe (dunno) it's already in the development pip line:
- could these parts of this Misery's AI vision system be merged into CoC? or
- could the CoC's AI visibility checks be expanded? f.e. by adding a check/variable, based on in-game time, that adjusts max view range and perhaps takes NPC rank into account (higher the rank the better it's night vision)

RJ1
Scavenger

Postby RJ1 » 25 Oct 2017, 15:20

Good suggestion!

Systems always seem to need fine tuning, when I played Misery (this was ages ago and wasn't the latest version so it could completely different now) the AI seemed a bit dumb at Night, like they wouldn't spot you at distance but at the same time it was too easy to sneak up on them.

Seems like it's very difficult to balance these things!

Something else Misery esque:

phpBB [video]

Inventory system like the seeds would be so good.

RJ1
Scavenger

Postby RJ1 » 30 Oct 2017, 21:15

I've been playing OGSE mod and i'm very impressed by it, it seems to have a lot in common with COC in terms of it's spirit. I've also been playing Misery 2.2 and while I like it it veers too far into Grindy Day-z terrirory for me (some systems are overcomplicated and just become Choresome):

OGSE good features:

It's just an overall very tight and well made mod which seems to share a lot of aspects with COC in terms of what its going for.

Quests:

From what i've played, the quests are very interesting and, fleshed out and loads have alternate ways to complete (all of which would be great for COC' quests)

trading:

You're given the option to either take your reward in the form of cash or items, nice little feature.

Aesthetic:

They've nailed the aesthetic in terms of environment and the other Stalkers (varied and mostly decent high quality models)

A thought I had whilst playing OGSE mod and eating drinking was that there should be a UI indicator that replaces the crosshair whilst doing these actions (like if you ate something a picture of that item would replace the crosshair along with a progress bar or something) this could also be applied to first aid (picture of bandage whilst bandaging with progress bar) would be even better if these could be animated.

Immersion

it has lots of good little features that make NPC interaction way more fun (Give NPC vodka and get them to play a Guitar song from a list) play Dice with NPCs (can be done with Money, Artifacts, Vodka) Small features like this go a long way in adding to the Game overall imo.

My ideas on this:

Trading Weapons with NPC's:

You ask another NPC about their main Weapon, they tell you about it and then you can offer to trade your main Weapon for theirs (if yours is worse they'll either flat out refuse or ask you to sweeten the deal with cash or items, this gets less likely the bigger the gap between weapons) if yours is better they'll either refuse or just accept with no need to give cash or items.

Misery

I realise Call of Misery exists but i've yet to be able to get it to work so i'm not sure how much it ports over into COC, my thoughts on Misery:

Veers a bit too far into trying to be a simulation, some features just seem redundant or not fleshed out enough to be worthwhile, if you could take some of the good from this Mod and leave the bad:

Creature speed: Creatures are actualy a threat in Misery, they've upped they're speed and power and it makes fighting them a lot more interesting (though Dogs might be a bit too fast).
Last edited by RJ1 on 31 Oct 2017, 19:56, edited 1 time in total.

DoctorX
Trespasser

Postby DoctorX » 31 Oct 2017, 00:01

A companion on low health with a medkit in his inventory should use said medkit.

Alternately, if that would cause a problem of npc's spamming medkits, if you give a companion on low health a medkit, he will at least use the one you gave him.

-OR-

Could even add a command to order the companion to use a medkit if he has one.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 31 Oct 2017, 03:26

DoctorX wrote:A companion on low health with a medkit in his inventory should use said medkit.

Alternately, if that would cause a problem of npc's spamming medkits, if you give a companion on low health a medkit, he will at least use the one you gave him.

-OR-

Could even add a command to order the companion to use a medkit if he has one.

https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-o ... a1ead88eb0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im6iQv7 ... e=youtu.be

:gizmo:
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

DoctorX
Trespasser

Postby DoctorX » 31 Oct 2017, 11:21

Nice!

RJ1
Scavenger

Postby RJ1 » 07 Nov 2017, 09:41

More stuff from OGSE:

Weapon 'thump' (Happens to both NPCS and Player) if hit in hands Weapon gets knocked away. OGSE has some really good effects here that really make you think about engaging anyone (Hit punch is really severe).

Bloodsuckers/Chimeras can knock Weapons away aswell.

NPC interaction/Games (Blackjack/Dice/Cups) stuff like this should definitely be added.

Record Player : I thought this was pretty cool, you find records dotted about the place and can have them play in the bar, would be good if you could have something similar in COC (like uploading MP3's to a bases Playlist)

It's difficult to get NPC's to follow you (tied to your level) and you can only have 1 companion. Usually they will refuse if : you're too high a level/too low a level or have another Companion. I think this is a good way to go as Multiple Companions in COC is very glitchy.

Altered Maps : I'm not sure if they're just the CS versions of Maps but some are quite good.

Vehicles: While not perfect, this mod probbaly has the best implementation of Vehicles i've seen.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 07 Nov 2017, 17:10

Recruitment is very simple. You can only take 2 companions, that means you cannot recruit a squad of three. You can recruit either a squad of two or two squads of one. Unless you get the achievement, which allows 3. As for R6, you can only recruit stalkers a rank tier above you and below.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

DoctorX
Trespasser

Postby DoctorX » 08 Nov 2017, 11:34

Can we take Sultan off the hopper? I think he's done taking his crap by now.

J00B
Scavenger

Postby J00B » 09 Nov 2017, 00:15

DoctorX wrote:Can we take Sultan off the hopper? I think he's done taking his crap by now.

:poop: There's a perfectly good office there.

Also, this side of the DV bandit base could also use some more NPC population, they seem disproportionately concentrated to the north side of the base.

May be a moot point since Borovos is working on new-old DV, but who knows when that will be ready.

Idiotska
Scavenger

Postby Idiotska » 11 Nov 2017, 02:15

Do Skadovsk and Yanov have functioning radios like the other bars now? Maybe the Mercenary base and a few other spots (the garbage depot?) could have one too.

Is it also possible to re-add in some of the old walking animations from Shadow of Chernobyl? I know the bandits in particular have a walk with their gun resting on their shoulder, and another with their hands in their pockets.
I will not be placed in limbo, because when you are in limbo, there will be a big rug that you must dance to the Chubby Checker songs and it is hell!

Balathruin
Trespasser

Postby Balathruin » 11 Nov 2017, 07:09

Idiotska wrote:Is it also possible to re-add in some of the old walking animations from Shadow of Chernobyl? I know the bandits in particular have a walk with their gun resting on their shoulder, and another with their hands in their pockets.

That's already in the game.

Idiotska
Scavenger

Postby Idiotska » 11 Nov 2017, 13:15

Huh. I'll admit I haven't been checking out the repo and the latest beta builds.

Does the bandit base have its own barkeep? Someone's gotta supply the bandits with all their vodka after all. I know the Lost in the Zone addon adds some NPCs like this to the mercenary base, including a medic too!
Last edited by Idiotska on 11 Nov 2017, 22:08, edited 3 times in total.
I will not be placed in limbo, because when you are in limbo, there will be a big rug that you must dance to the Chubby Checker songs and it is hell!

DoctorX
Trespasser

Postby DoctorX » 11 Nov 2017, 19:36

Idiotska wrote:Do Skadovsk and Yanov have functioning radios like the other bars now? Maybe the Mercenary base and a few other spots (the garbage depot?) could have one too.

Please do add these if you find the time, at least Yanov and Skadovsk. yoface720 did it with his Radios Galore addon, but it's difficult to maintain on an addon level since it requires recompiling all.spawn any time there is a change, and you would lose it if another addon makes changes to all.spawn.

It really feels so much more "homey" with radios at those locations. After you experience it, it seems very empty and awkward when they aren't there.

RJ1
Scavenger

Postby RJ1 » 12 Nov 2017, 03:07

Agree about Radios, Miserys Radio mix at skadovsk is always good to come back to in-Game.

New suggestions:

Runners/Trader proxys (This ties into realistic carry-weight and carrying Multiple assault rifles)

'Field traders' who act as go betweens for Main traders and will buy your stuff but not for anywhere near as good a price as Main traders and runners who will ferry this stuff back and forth, like 'I can sell this stuff for you, but for a fee'

I develop Kleptomania whilst playing Stalker, Leaving stuff and wasting items actually annoys me, ha. Having interim traders like this would be a good move imo, you could earn cash from stuff without having to run it all the way back to a trader.

Example:

'Interim' traders will only do this for you if it's worth their while (if you pay a fee and if the stuff you are selling to them is valuable enough/above a certain threshold) if so, they call their runner over who gets this equipment then takes it back to the nearest trader.

This could be made into a mini quest -:- Player gives items to interim trader (which get turned into a Quest item 'Box of loot') Runner gets sent off but Runners can die. If Runner dies you'll get a quest to retrieve your items from his body.

This is kind of like a more in depth version of the current 'retrieve items' quests you get from NPC's, would be quite a fun and interesting addition imo.

Lowprofile
Scavenger

Postby Lowprofile » 13 Nov 2017, 08:17

For anyone interested, recorded some gameplay with EAX effects on to show how amazing the sound difference is in stalker OGSE. And also a suggestion for the EPIC team (if possible)

EAX was done through a creative soundcard using ALchemy software and the -dsound launch option
(use headphones to hear subtle difference between areas)

phpBB [video]

For comparison here is a video with EAX off but still using -dsound switch that improves directional audio and clarity :yoda:
https://youtu.be/yyOHyoVy6m8

gkirmathal
Scavenger

Postby gkirmathal » 18 Nov 2017, 06:35

An idea I had since like, well a long time. No idea if this is hard to code, but I guess it is.

The faction armor you wear, influences and temporarily 'masks' your relation (enemy/neutral/friend) vs a NPC faction.

For instance: you started out as a Military soldier, found a Duty suit. Wearing the Duty suit, it would make it possible to closely approach (move past) a Duty NPC before they detect who you are and your relationship to Duty (enemy).
Detection time and sensitivity would be coupled to the NPC's experience level, a veteran would be much better skilled to see though your 'Duty' disguise.

I imagined obtaining a Monolith suite, infiltrating and running a deep covered assassination mission in the outskirts.

-HUN-Riot_Gin
Scavenger

Military Exoskeleton Description suggestion

Postby -HUN-Riot_Gin » 03 Dec 2017, 15:44

Hi! I writed some new description for the Military Exoskeleton.

"The Military Exoskeleton is the most tough from the exoskeletons in the zone.
Of course, a tank like this have throwbacks: Weak anomaly defence and heavy weight.
But, what exactly you get for this price? A half-modern exoskeleton, heavily reinforced
- so you shouldn't worry about chimera attacks- with shiny military camouflage.
The person who wear this, eating your bullets and fire their bullets in your direction.
Does not come with an artifact container, but he probably not need artifacts to kick some ass."

sabr3
Scavenger

Postby sabr3 » 29 Dec 2017, 13:49

Minimap toggle in game
would be cool to be able to toggle the minimap in-game...to see dead bodies around you.
or maybe have a scanner of sorts that shows dead bodies/live bodies around you,like 20m (thermal scanner?)

EGZOdaw
Scavenger

Postby EGZOdaw » 30 Dec 2017, 18:08

I'd love to see a "Factions" tab in PDA instead of "Relations" tab. Idea from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky. I think many people will be pleased with such useful thingy. It should display relations, power of factions and number of faction's members. And meaby location of main base.
Here's the image:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 0817042323
Happy new year fellow Stalkers :D

Return to “General Discussion”