1.5 Bugs and Issues

JIoDuH
Scavenger
Posts: 1
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 07:40

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby JIoDuH » 27 Sep 2017, 07:47

Can`t start game. Truble with creating audio - OpenAL: Can`t create sound device.
On preview beta versions there wasn`t same problem.
Call of Chernobyl 1.5 R5 Full
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Bangalore
Explorer
Posts: 640
Joined: 09 Jun 2012, 19:02
Contact:

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Bangalore » 27 Sep 2017, 12:56

Log of livebaite with vanilla 1.5, with some kind of sound related messsages:

http://forum.epicstalker.com/freichat/client/plugins/upload/download.php?filename=1506530969219.rar
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

vorador1980
Scavenger
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 09:15

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby vorador1980 » 27 Sep 2017, 14:52

Expression: D3DX11CreateTextureFromMemory (HW.pDevice,S->lenght(), &LoadInfo;, 0, &pTexture2D;, 0)
Function :CRender::texture_load
File :..\xrRenderDX10\dx10Texture.cpp
Line :525
Description :
Argument :g:\coc 1.5 r5\gamedata\texture\ui\ui_actor_loadgame_screen.dds

stack trace:

Press OK to abort execution

I`m using DX11 enhanced, all settings on Max, no DX10.1 option.

syn
Scavenger
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 04:56

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby syn » 28 Sep 2017, 03:57

This is present in 1.4.22 as well, but there's some fucked up occlusion culling in the Pump Station. https://my.mixtape.moe/sjgncj.webm
The other area I had found with this (building to the north-west of the Acid Bath anomaly in Outskirts) appears to have been fixed at some point in 1.5, so great job with that.

A more serious issue being that sound in 1.5 is completely broken, and it appears that only one sound can be played at once. Have tried various attempts at troubleshooting without success.

vorador1980
Scavenger
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 09:15

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby vorador1980 » 28 Sep 2017, 05:06

syn wrote:A more serious issue being that sound in 1.5 is completely broken, and it appears that only one sound can be played at once. Have tried various attempts at troubleshooting without success.


fear1ess already found solution for the sound problem and I can confirm it. It works. Here is his post: "If you still have sound issues download this http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... ound-addon
and copy to bin folder only soft_oal.dll and wrap_oal.dll from the archive".

syn
Scavenger
Posts: 5
Joined: 26 Sep 2017, 04:56

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby syn » 28 Sep 2017, 06:23

vorador1980 wrote:fear1ess already found solution for the sound problem and I can confirm it. It works. Here is his post: "If you still have sound issues download this http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... ound-addon
and copy to bin folder only soft_oal.dll and wrap_oal.dll from the archive".


Already tried it and posted the results in the comments on the R5 download. I'd wager that it bumps the active sound channels from 1 to maybe 5-6 at best. Strolling into Rostok as a merc with every checkpoint guard shooting at me easily hits the simultaneous sound cap and firing/impact sounds get dropped.

User avatar
DoctorX
Trespasser
Posts: 57
Joined: 10 Mar 2016, 00:36

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby DoctorX » 28 Sep 2017, 11:06

syn wrote:This is present in 1.4.22 as well, but there's some fucked up occlusion culling in the Pump Station. https://my.mixtape.moe/sjgncj.webm


Yup. Another area is in Swamp when walking down the path that leads to Clear Sky base. Look up at the horizon/treeline on the right side and you will see it get glitchy at some point.

vorador1980
Scavenger
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 09:15

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby vorador1980 » 28 Sep 2017, 14:41

The military trader has a tendency to lose his inventory after reload. https://imgur.com/qa0K9zt.

The zoom of SUSAT scope and gauss rifle are close to x1 instead of x4. It could be intentional for the assault rifles, but the gauss is another matter.
Gauss zoom https://imgur.com/XJsQHtE and https://imgur.com/p9xkpo3
SUSAT zoom https://imgur.com/gufFt6Y and https://imgur.com/XqvDw0o
FT200M and GP37 - its integrated scopes has non-existent zoom. The uprade to x4 is the same minimal one as the gauss or SUSAT ones.
https://imgur.com/Yy8iN8k, without upgrade https://imgur.com/ju1xc0s, with x4 upgrade https://imgur.com/MihPj4z.
It could be intentional, otherwise the old x4 was too close to the sniper rifles with x5. If that is the case, please ignore the zoom part of my post. I still need to check Vintorez and SVD.

The stationary guns in Rostok are not useable. And its positions are a bit strange: https://imgur.com/JlotfWo and https://imgur.com/dcyccUC.

IMPORTANT notification: WIth stalker spawn rate of 1.5 the number of the stalkers is virtually half the number from r4. Also, with Hardcore AI aim ON, the enemies aren`t that accurate as before. At Master difficulty it is clearly noticeable. The Zone r5 becomes a lonely place. Please, help, I`m begging you!

User avatar
Balathruin
Trespasser
Posts: 65
Joined: 18 May 2017, 13:36

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Balathruin » 28 Sep 2017, 16:53

vorador1980 wrote:The zoom of SUSAT scope and gauss rifle are close to x1 instead of x4. It could be intentional for the assault rifles, but the gauss is another matter.

Zoom is non existent on 55 fov, it's calculated differently now. Gauss was low, but I already fixed that, will be in next patch.

User avatar
Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Posts: 1371
Joined: 26 May 2012, 22:26

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Alundaio » 28 Sep 2017, 17:17

If a scope has a 5x zoom it will have exactly the same FOV no matter your current camera FOV. As an example, Camera FOV of 55, a 5x zoom is about 17 FOV. If Camera FOV is 90, still it's 17 FOV. It's based on a virtual base FOV for the scope itself, which is a generous 75 and can be changed via console through scope_fov. A FOV of 75 closely matches what it was like in vanilla games, which were inaccurately described; some scopes in base game had more zoom then stated or less zoom. Everything should now be more accurate to the descriptions.

It would not make sense to base scope zoom off the current camera FOV, the scope has it's own base FOV. Only for ironsights is zoom based on camera FOV. Think about it, say you play with FOV of 55, you zoom into about 15 FOV when using your SVU. Why should it zoom to only 30 FOV for someone with 90 FOV? That is my reason for basing it on a virtual value. If you would like more zoom, then simply reduce the scope FOV in console.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

User avatar
Courier
Scavenger
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 17:58

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Courier » 28 Sep 2017, 19:06

Hello :) I made a small feedback for modders
Firstly, sounds in game are totally broken, I can only hear one sound. I installed OpenAL
My system specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Motherboard Micro-Star International MS-7A34

Secondly, I saw this in general controls and I didn't notice it before so I don't known this is bug or not.
https://imgur.com/a/CKNaM

Next, after finished combat with zombies one of my companion stucked on aiming in the air, he was moving and following me but he was always focused at one point, after restart game everything was ok :)

In older version R4 in Skadovsk after fast reload game, few stalkers near Beard switched instantly beetwen Loners and Clear Sky, they were marked as Clear Sky, had their uniforms, were giving tasks etc

Also I've few sugestions for you :)
I think first aid kit should has little more bleed control points
Cats should have less HP
And new weapon comparsion also should shows difference between magazine capacity
The last one, window with item description should appears faster

Besides this I think you are doing great work and it's really fun to play CoC :mrgreen:

User avatar
Balathruin
Trespasser
Posts: 65
Joined: 18 May 2017, 13:36

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Balathruin » 28 Sep 2017, 19:44

Courier wrote:Secondly, I saw this in general controls and I didn't notice it before so I don't known this is bug or not.

You didn't read the changelog. It's a kick feature, works on objects.

Courier wrote:Cats should have less HP

What? They die from ONE shotgun shot, two if it's more than 20m away. 4-7 9x19 rounds, 3-5 5.45, etc. They are blind dogs without jump ability...

User avatar
Courier
Scavenger
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 17:58

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Courier » 28 Sep 2017, 21:39

You're right, my mistake, sorry
Suggestion about cats was only my opinion ;)
Thanks for fast response and keep up the good work :)

vorador1980
Scavenger
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 09:15

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby vorador1980 » 29 Sep 2017, 03:40

Balathruin wrote:
vorador1980 wrote:The zoom of SUSAT scope and gauss rifle are close to x1 instead of x4. It could be intentional for the assault rifles, but the gauss is another matter.

Zoom is non existent on 55 fov, it's calculated differently now. Gauss was low, but I already fixed that, will be in next patch.


No doubt the different calculation will help making a noticeable difference between the zoom of an assault and a sniper rifle. Otherwise it was too easy to use an assaullt rifle for sniper purpose, due to its close zoom magnification. You`ve got a big point here, making clear difference between the weapon classes (assault and sniper ones). And it is much more realistic too. Very well done. Thank you, Sir.

User avatar
Courier
Scavenger
Posts: 9
Joined: 28 Sep 2017, 17:58

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Courier » 29 Sep 2017, 10:59

Ashot doesn't sell anything in R6, I tried restart game but it didn't work
Spoiler:
Image

I've only turned on debug console and I added Eliminator/Protecta from it, nothing more, no addons

vorador1980
Scavenger
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Sep 2017, 09:15

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby vorador1980 » 29 Sep 2017, 12:59

Alundaio wrote:If a scope has a 5x zoom it will have exactly the same FOV no matter your current camera FOV. As an example, Camera FOV of 55, a 5x zoom is about 17 FOV. If Camera FOV is 90, still it's 17 FOV. It's based on a virtual base FOV for the scope itself, which is a generous 75 and can be changed via console through scope_fov. A FOV of 75 closely matches what it was like in vanilla games, which were inaccurately described; some scopes in base game had more zoom then stated or less zoom. Everything should now be more accurate to the descriptions.

It would not make sense to base scope zoom off the current camera FOV, the scope has it's own base FOV. Only for ironsights is zoom based on camera FOV. Think about it, say you play with FOV of 55, you zoom into about 15 FOV when using your SVU. Why should it zoom to only 30 FOV for someone with 90 FOV? That is my reason for basing it on a virtual value. If you would like more zoom, then simply reduce the scope FOV in console.


Thank you for your fast reply, Sir. I do understand your reason. If you, as a Developer, estimated that FOV values for enough, then it is enough. I`m sure that it is for the best gameplay experience. Thank you.

Kolaris
Scavenger
Posts: 11
Joined: 27 Sep 2017, 17:23

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Kolaris » 29 Sep 2017, 16:21

Thanks for getting r6 out so quickly, really enjoying it so far.

With the "new" item sleep deprivation values, 2 medkit uses put me at exhausted at 1300 on the first day. I'm not going to say this is excessive yet, I mean there are options like energy drinks and I can always rest a couple hours during the day. But that's definitely a lot harsher than before.

I really like the harsher economy, but you run into situations where you take out a group of enemies, which should be a satisfying accomplishment, and then find that you're actually poorer than before. I would probably lower the buy condition factor some, with how low traders buy weapons now, and factor in condition on top of that, it really wouldn't get you much but it would be something at least. And all that weapon ferrying would show off the new backpack mechanics.

Oh, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate the new trader profiles!

It's too early to give much feedback on combat rebalance. It's certainly improved, but I would probably still use an addon of some sort. Lightly armored, low-rank enemies still seem too beefy for my tastes. Though reading Alundaio's posts on the formulas it must be a nightmare to find a sweet spot.

User avatar
Balathruin
Trespasser
Posts: 65
Joined: 18 May 2017, 13:36

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Balathruin » 29 Sep 2017, 16:35

Kolaris wrote:With the "new" item sleep deprivation values, 2 medkit uses put me at exhausted at 1300 on the first day. I'm not going to say this is excessive yet, I mean there are options like energy drinks and I can always rest a couple hours during the day. But that's definitely a lot harsher than before.

I couldn't test it as it was not working for a while. I didn't like it either, so I'll try to adjust it later.

Kolaris wrote:I would probably lower the buy condition factor some, with how low traders buy weapons now, and factor in condition on top of that, it really wouldn't get you much but it would be something at least.

Condition is same as vanilla CoP, but I didn't test lower values in a while. If there is a way to lower it but keep the selling price low I might adjust it a bit.

Kolaris wrote:Lightly armored, low-rank enemies still seem too beefy for my tastes.

Lowering it more would not really work. If enemies die too quickly there is no fun while it ruins AI vs AI combat too. They take ~4 5.45 or 5.56 to the body.

User avatar
DoctorX
Trespasser
Posts: 57
Joined: 10 Mar 2016, 00:36

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby DoctorX » 29 Sep 2017, 19:03

Balathruin wrote:If enemies die too quickly there is no fun


Just to provide a counter-point to that, not everyone thinks that way. There is a significant portion of the stalker community that would like to see wound damage be as realistic as possible.

I, for one, have never liked games where the main challenge is to pump as many rounds as possible into an enemy. I prefer using tactics, strategy, and cover ala ARMA, looking to get that one well-placed shot that will result in a kill and knowing that one well-placed shot from the enemy will kill me, rather than the run-and-gun style like DOOM or COD where you need to pump an unrealistic amount of holes into the opponent to kill them while being able to absorb unrealistic amounts of damage yourself.

This, of course, is just my opinion and I'm not necessarily saying you must do it this way. It's just two different styles of gameplay, and both styles can lead to fun and prolonged battles if done correctly. In the "realistic" style, combat is prolonged if both sides concentrate more on out-thinking and out-maneuvering the opponent. Run-and-gun style combat must be prolonged instead by requiring more shots to be fired and absorbed by either side.

IMHO, Stalker lends itself more to the slower and methodical style of combat, the end game of which would be true to life damage. The difficult part to that, of course, is getting the AI to fight in the same manner.

Just my $0.02

User avatar
Balathruin
Trespasser
Posts: 65
Joined: 18 May 2017, 13:36

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Balathruin » 29 Sep 2017, 20:38

DoctorX wrote:
Balathruin wrote:If enemies die too quickly there is no fun

There is a significant portion of the stalker community that would like to see wound damage be as realistic as possible.

I could do that, but only as an addon. Current setup was Alun's wish, but I actually started liking it. Killing medium enemies in 2 shots would make scopes and long range combat even more broken.
If I remember correctly my original idea was 3 hit kill on mediums (sunrise, merc suit, etc.), somewhat less than now. I will only change it if I'm allowed to.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arszi and 1 guest