Unpacking Database Issue

IronAlpha07
Scavenger

Unpacking Database Issue

Postby IronAlpha07 » 31 May 2017, 15:12

Hi,

My first post here and I'm looking forward to having a read through all the threads. There looks like a lot of useful stuff for someone like me who is new to Call Of Chernobyl. I've been playing the Stalker games since 2008 but only started using mods a few months ago. I've played through SGM 2.1 a few times and have now been playing Call Of Chernobyl for a few months. I had to re-install it a few times because addons would conflict with each other so did some experimenting with install order and now it's a nice, clean install with 5 or 6 addons.

I've started making small changes to the config files and would like to start modding more seriously but no matter what I try I can't unpack any of the database files. I've spent hours trying to get it work and the unpacked files are no-where to be seen.

I've downloaded the AXRTool set and when I hit execute the console windows says the config.db file has been unpacked successfully but it's not in the output folder. I've tried on a PC and Laptop which use different operating systems and tried downloading the applications again but nothing will make the unpacked files appear in the output folder. My PC is Windows 7 and I have admin rights so I can't work out what is causing this issue.

The re-packing tool in the AXRTool set works fine so I am able to packup files back in to a database file and they do appear in the output folder so it's just the unpacker I have a problem with. I also don't understand how the console can say the file has been unpacked but not create the unpacked file. I've searched my PC incase the files went somewhere else and am totally stumped on this. I've downloaded all the other stalker database unpackers I can find including CoP to CoC converter and the Clear Sky converter and I get an "unsupported format" error when I try to run the unpacker.

I feel like I shouldn't be begging for help on my first post but this is becoming very frustrating especially because it's happening on two different devices. It makes me wonder if there is a problem with my CoC installation but it plays fine and I've visited all the maps. I would be grateful for any help.

luppolo
Scavenger

Re: Unpacking Database Issue

Postby luppolo » 31 May 2017, 17:33

here's the unpacked configs and scripts for coc 1.4.22 until you can find out what's wrong
https://mega.nz/#!rY5yyZJQ!PaFHCF3YElJh ... vmLERnyMlk

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 31 May 2017, 18:36

hmm maybe try it on an output path that doesn't have spaces in it.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

IronAlpha07
Scavenger

Postby IronAlpha07 » 01 Jun 2017, 19:10

luppolo wrote:here's the unpacked configs and scripts for coc 1.4.22 until you can find out what's wrong
https://mega.nz/#!rY5yyZJQ!PaFHCF3YElJh ... vmLERnyMlk

Thanks for the link and I had already found this but it would crash everytime when I edited the config file and repacked it. The repacked config.db file was 2345kb but my existing config file was 2865kb so it was a lot smaller in file size and would crash within seconds when I replaced them.

I just tried it again today and it works. For some reason the repacked config.db file is now 2865kb and SUCCESS! I was finally able to reduce the weight of the butterfly mine which is the only explosive I know of that can be hotkeyed. Being able to edit and save the database files means I can do a lot more modding now.

luppolo
Scavenger

Postby luppolo » 01 Jun 2017, 22:51

you don't need to repack stuff to run the modded game, just keep the files in the gamedata folder with the path they're supposed to have

check all coc mods on moddb, none of them ship .db files but a gamedata folder with edited scripts, ltx, textures and whatever

Return to “General Discussion”