Messing around with good old things

morris
Scavenger

Messing around with good old things

Postby morris » 19 Feb 2017, 06:02

So, we all remember how cancerous psy-fields in CS were. I guess everyone died a few times in the psy field on Marshes, where you should have brought the Stone Flower artefact from a corpse of dead stalker. Due to weak psy protection the vision was blurring, even if you had enough medkits to sniff around with detector it was a huge risk of running into electra because vision was blurred and doubling. That was cool, actually, psy anomalies required either a suit with atleast moderate psy protection, or 1-2 Moonlights -- or even both in extremely strong psy fields.

In CoP, however... your vision goes blue and you loose HP, however, there is nothing else to make you consider getting some stuff for protection, since all it takes is to consume Psi-block to completely negate the effect of psy influence. It is so ridicilously overpowered that I could speedrun chaes 1 and 2 to Generators by having 2 moonlights, ecologist suit and constantly consuming psi-blocks... when I should have actually died no matter what.

Lol, that was a long story. Anyway, is there a way to bring back Clear Sky like psy exposure effects? Aswell as radiation effect, just as personal preference -- blackening instead of whitening/yellowing vision by getting into irradiated areas was top-notch.

Was looking into files but didnt find anything suitable (cuz I'm still a piece of modding rookie meat yet :D). Any hint would be appreciated.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Messing around with good old things

Postby Alundaio » 20 Feb 2017, 19:37

Well I would assume these were just a post process effector (.ppe) could try using the ones in Clear Sky.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

morris
Scavenger

Postby morris » 21 Feb 2017, 14:52

Alundaio wrote:Well I would assume these were just a post process effector (.ppe) could try using the ones in Clear Sky.

Well, that's something out of my area of expertise @_@

What can you tell about level transitions for NPCs? I've seen Monolith making it to Cordon and Swamps completely bypassing Bar, Dark Valley, or atleast Dead City-Yantar-Agroprom for sure, just instantly moving from chaes/pripyat straight to destination. Is there a way to tweak those transitions?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 21 Feb 2017, 14:54

No not really, requires changes to game graph which is part of the compiled level.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

morris
Scavenger

Postby morris » 21 Feb 2017, 15:34

Thanks for enlightening. Appreciated that.

Return to “General Discussion”