A huge issue.

Obscurify
Scavenger

A huge issue.

Postby Obscurify » 13 Sep 2016, 20:43

So I've been playing Call of Chernobyl for a long while. Near perfectly (except for a crash when i go to the truck cemetery). But now while I was playing during a firefight in the dark valley, my power went out. Now, any time I try to play, I get immediate crashes when I play for about 1 to 2 mins. I'm using arsenal overhaul, extended questlines, reshade (though i deleted the mastereffect.h and reshade.fv files because it's a frankly not well-made mod.), and I think that's it. I've gotten a lot of progress, and I really don't want to lose it all again like last time because I had the exact same problem.

Darryl
Adventurer

Re: A huge issue.

Postby Darryl » 14 Sep 2016, 13:38

Post the crash log

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 14 Sep 2016, 15:56

http://puu.sh/rbiSP/1808fc787f.jpg
Is all I get, I don't know what 'log' it's speaking of.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 14 Sep 2016, 16:01

Alright I think I found it but I'm not entirely sure. I'll past it here.
This is the relative end of the logs; the rest seemed irrelevant.

* WARNING: player not logged in
* phase time: 11875 ms
* phase cmem: 653113 K
* phase time: 61 ms
* phase cmem: 653112 K
* [win32]: free[1351168 K], reserved[75044 K], committed[2768028 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[1529287 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[653112 K], game lua[78394 K], render[272 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[24047 K], smem[648921 K]
xr_logic: error: pstor_retrieve: npc_id is nil for varname = drx_sl_quest_stash_3_id, val = nil
DRX DF: stalker - dolg relations restored to -13
DRX DF: stalker - freedom relations restored to 3504
DRX DF: stalker - csky relations restored to 1881
DRX DF: stalker - ecolog relations restored to 1925
DRX DF: stalker - killer relations restored to 1807
DRX DF: stalker - army relations restored to -312
DRX DF: stalker - bandit relations restored to -2951
DRX DF: dolg - freedom relations restored to -4345
DRX DF: dolg - csky relations restored to 791
DRX DF: dolg - ecolog relations restored to -448
DRX DF: dolg - killer relations restored to -3030
DRX DF: dolg - army relations restored to 1065
DRX DF: dolg - bandit relations restored to -3047
DRX DF: freedom - csky relations restored to -2978
DRX DF: freedom - ecolog relations restored to -878
DRX DF: freedom - killer relations restored to -1104
DRX DF: freedom - army relations restored to -4742
DRX DF: freedom - bandit relations restored to -3189
DRX DF: csky - killer relations restored to 711
DRX DF: csky - army relations restored to -1846
DRX DF: csky - bandit relations restored to -2528
DRX DF: ecolog - killer relations restored to 822
DRX DF: ecolog - army relations restored to 233
DRX DF: ecolog - bandit relations restored to -2004
DRX DF: killer - army relations restored to -3473
DRX DF: killer - bandit relations restored to -3687
DRX DF: army - bandit relations restored to -3499
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\meet\meet_use_no_talk_leader_1.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\meet\meet_use_no_talk_leader_2.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\meet\meet_use_no_talk_leader_3.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_good_1.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_good_2.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_good_3.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_bad_1.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_bad_2.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_bad_3.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_begin_1.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_begin_2.ogg
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\characters_voice\human_03\bandit\states\loot\loot_begin_3.ogg
! Fallback to default bump map: wpn\fnfal\fnfal_1_bump#
! Missing ogg-comment, file: c:\users\red\desktop\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\weapons\nv_loop.ogg
! Fallback to default bump map: wpn\wpn_addon_scope_9x_bump#
! Fallback to default bump map: wpn\wpn_addon_scope_9x_bump
intro_start game_loaded
* MEMORY USAGE: 735917 K
* End of synchronization A[1] R[1]
intro_delete ::update_game_loaded
stack trace:

[error][ 258] : The wait operation timed out.

MariusLecter
Scavenger

Postby MariusLecter » 14 Sep 2016, 16:48

I think you may need to reinstall CoC

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 14 Sep 2016, 16:59

That really doesn't help, because that's the exact thing I am trying not to do. I doubt I have the patience to install the game a third time.

Azaxrey
Scavenger

Postby Azaxrey » 15 Sep 2016, 03:38

Other games run well ? Power went out can cause RAM malfunction or drivers component corruption

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 15 Sep 2016, 13:37

[error][ 258] : The wait operation timed out.

Is a standard windows application error and it's doubtful it's the mod itself that is responsible. It could be that the power shut off could have corrupted one of the game binaries or even damaged some of your components.

If you don't want to reinstall, at least grab the _bin folder from the latest patch you are using. Then I suggest running some diagnostics on your system to make sure it's okay.
Just look up:
  • cpu diagnostics
  • RAM diagnostics
In a google search. Windows has a RAM checker, as for CPU it will depend on your manufacturer. Intel I know has a tool you can download.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 15 Sep 2016, 14:26

Thanks a ton, I'd been waiting for an answer for upwards of three days.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 15 Sep 2016, 14:38

How would one correct the binary corruption? I just did a diagnostic, and none of my computer's components are damaged.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 15 Sep 2016, 14:40

just take _bins from the latest patch
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 16 Sep 2016, 05:35

If replacing only the bins doesn't help, psych yourself up for reinstalling the full game. While it's a pain when you have customized it a lot, it might be the last resort but also the solution in the beginning. So please, try it as the next test after Alundaio's indication.

I hope some of those two things solves your problem, because I wouldn't rule out hardware damage. Many times they are elusive and diagnostic tools wouldn't get them as they reveal themselves with specific circumstances not met with the tools running.

Amaninter Axling
Scavenger

Postby Amaninter Axling » 20 Sep 2016, 17:33

And this is why, young man, you should use a UPS. Then if your mains power should go off suddenly, as mine does at least three times a day because I live in the middle of a desolate wilderness, you can safely end what you're doing and shut your computer down, without damaging your open files or your hardware.

Return to “General Discussion”