Is it possible to edit artefact property values?

Farjole_Merrybody
Scavenger

Is it possible to edit artefact property values?

Postby Farjole_Merrybody » 28 Aug 2016, 14:01

I admit that I haven't got very far yet, and I've actually only found two crap artefacts, but I noticed that they are both the default weight of 0.50kg, so I'm therefore assuming, perhaps wrongly, that all artefacts in the mod are the same weight. Usually I would edit the inv_weight value in items_artefacts.ltx to suit my preferences so there is variation between between different classes of artefacts, but I cannot find the relevant file; does it exist (again I'm assuming, that these values must be written somewhere) and is this even possible in CoC?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Is it possible to edit artefact property values?

Postby Alundaio » 28 Aug 2016, 14:37

artefacts.ltx and artefacts_soc.ltx
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Farjole_Merrybody
Scavenger

Postby Farjole_Merrybody » 28 Aug 2016, 18:16

I hate to seem thick, but I cannot find either of these two files in the CoC installation. I would have thought that they'd be in gamedata\configs\misc\items, but since they're not I searched the entire installation directory tree to no avail.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 28 Aug 2016, 18:33

You have to use the database extractor. You can find the link on the ModDB download page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chern ... -converter

COP/COC converter, which unpacks db files to gamedata files. Copy "unpacked" folder, converter.bat and converter.exe into your gamedata (these files must be INSIDE your gamedata), and run converter.bat.

Then just paste individually the files you want to alter into your own gamedata folder.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Farjole_Merrybody
Scavenger

Postby Farjole_Merrybody » 28 Aug 2016, 19:33

I had a feeling that it might be something akin to that. Thank you for the explanation, it's worked a treat and didn't take very long either.

Farjole_Merrybody
Scavenger

Postby Farjole_Merrybody » 01 Sep 2016, 07:18

A further question:

I do like the waiting time feature for mechanics, the more work you give them to do the longer it takes, which makes perfect sense. However, stripping mutant carcasses of meat and body parts is instantaneous, it should in my opinion be a more onerous task which takes some time, thus leaving you as the player vulnerable whilst being undertaken. One would presume that it is possible to make this procedure last longer, like it does in Misery, but I have no idea how to go about it or where to look, so I would appreciate a little guidance in this regard, if you'd be so kind?

Return to “General Discussion”