Info about texturing

Anything you want to talk about.
Noxx
Scavenger

Info about texturing

Postby Noxx » 11 Feb 2016, 07:50

Hello stalkers,

I need a little info about using bumps for multiplied and hexed meshes.
For example, i got a hand mesh usable in CoC, which it has 3 texture files and 2 thm files:

wpn_hand_loner_novice.ogf is the original mesh and it uses:

* act_arm_novice.dds
* act_arm_novice.thm
* act_arm_novice_bump#.dds
* act_arm_novice_bump.dds
* act_arm_novice_bump.thm

This mesh is used for Sunrise suit as hand mesh.

But i decided to use the same mesh for other suits (clear sky outfits, freedom outfits, duty, etc) so i multiplied the wpn_hand_loner_novice.ogf in more ogf files, hexed them all with a hex editor (to use a different primary texture) like this:

wpn_hand_cs_novice.ogf, hexed to use act_arm_csnovo.dds, instead of act_arm_novice.dds
wpn_hand_duty_novice.ogf, hexed to use act_arm_dutnov.dds, instead of act_arm_novice.dds
wpn_hand_freedom_novice.ogf, hexed to use act_arm_fdmnov.dds, instead of act_arm_novice.dds
wpn_hand_bandit_novice.ogf, hexed to use act_arm_bdtnov.dds, instead of act_arm_novice.dds

Now, i didn't modified any bumps/thm files, so i copied the original thm and bump files from the original mesh and renamed them as primary texture for every individual multiplied mesh.
I believe, but i really don't know for sure that many bumps/thm files that are identical as the original are useless.

I got a bunch of identical bumps/thm files that are identical but renamed, so they are necessary to work properly or the original bumps/thm files are enough????

I hope you understand the issue and thank you for your time reading this!

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Info about texturing

Postby Alundaio » 11 Feb 2016, 11:40

I recall the .thm point to textures. So you may need to hex them too.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Noxx
Scavenger

Re: Info about texturing

Postby Noxx » 11 Feb 2016, 12:00

Hmm, i think you're right.
I opened up a thm file and it leads to original bump texture, even though this was renamed and used for a multiplied ogf so i guess many bumps are unused.

Return to “Off-Topic”