1.5 Bugs and Issues

Lateee
Scavenger

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Lateee » 02 Aug 2017, 05:11

For some reason Colonel Petrenko isn't considered to be a trader. He still gives quests, infinite money, but empty inventory.

Balathruin
Scavenger

Postby Balathruin » 02 Aug 2017, 06:10

Lateee wrote:For some reason Colonel Petrenko isn't considered to be a trader. He still gives quests, infinite money, but empty inventory.

Already fixed: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/3c2998a607e3c82fd5d9d4eabbc56a4a94896317

Makser090
Scavenger

Postby Makser090 » 02 Aug 2017, 10:47

I have a question: In 1.5 version smart covers have a style from CS? I only saw this style in the Beginners Village and nowhere else.

AtastyMeatball
Scavenger

Postby AtastyMeatball » 02 Aug 2017, 15:04

First would like to start off by telling you guys that you're doing a great job, and your work is highly appreciated by myself and the fans. Ik this is a hobby instead of a career, and that's what makes it even better. Thank you, team EPIC

Now onto the topic:

Not sure if a bug/issue, or rather a suggestion, but thought I'd address it while the fixes are hot atm. This is not my original question, but I agree with this and looking for more insight on it:

"Since you can no longer disable A-Life simulation on non-linked levels, do you intend to do anything to prevent AI stalkers acquiring huge amounts of loot? I had enabled it everywhere for a while before but then when I reached maps I hadn't been to before after many hours of gameplay, some stalkers had huge amounts of weapons and loot in their inventory.

A-Life only being activated on linked levels kind of acts as a check to this, without it as stalkers fight and loot bodies in far away levels the amount of loot that is being carried around will just keep increasing until the player moves through and clears it out. This seems to be particularly bad at the Rostok checkpoints, when some guards died there and I looted them they had 30+ weapons and huge amounts of other items."

The same thing for Companions. As it seems there is no way of managing companion inventory except buying everything off them...which is highly impractical. Hopefully this could possibly be fixed. Thanks!

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 02 Aug 2017, 16:36

Artefact degradation does not persist throughout save games. If you save the game and then reload, all artefacts' condition will reset to 100%.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 02 Aug 2017, 19:52

AtastyMeatball wrote:First would like to start off by telling you guys that you're doing a great job, and your work is highly appreciated by myself and the fans. Ik this is a hobby instead of a career, and that's what makes it even better. Thank you, team EPIC

Now onto the topic:

Not sure if a bug/issue, or rather a suggestion, but thought I'd address it while the fixes are hot atm. This is not my original question, but I agree with this and looking for more insight on it:

"Since you can no longer disable A-Life simulation on non-linked levels, do you intend to do anything to prevent AI stalkers acquiring huge amounts of loot? I had enabled it everywhere for a while before but then when I reached maps I hadn't been to before after many hours of gameplay, some stalkers had huge amounts of weapons and loot in their inventory.

A-Life only being activated on linked levels kind of acts as a check to this, without it as stalkers fight and loot bodies in far away levels the amount of loot that is being carried around will just keep increasing until the player moves through and clears it out. This seems to be particularly bad at the Rostok checkpoints, when some guards died there and I looted them they had 30+ weapons and huge amounts of other items."

The same thing for Companions. As it seems there is no way of managing companion inventory except buying everything off them...which is highly impractical. Hopefully this could possibly be fixed. Thanks!

Stalker's don't loot when offline or on other levels. They only do this within a 200m radius around you. The only thing that AI does offline is move around. This feature means that stalkers on other levels can now move freely without being locked in place until the player arrives to that level.

You can lend items freely to companions through the PDA relations tab. Altering their inventory completely was a game exploit. For example, hiring them, selling them something, removing it freely, then selling it again, until they have no money. Fire them; repeat.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 03 Aug 2017, 04:40

Regarding the artefact degradation not persisting between save games bug.

After some thorough research, I have noticed that in the artefact_binder:load(stpk) method from bind_artefact.script, the offline_condition variable is actually holding the correct condition value when loading the save, but set_condition() silently fails afterwards:

Code: Select all

function artefact_binder:load(stpk)
   object_binder.load(self,stpk)
   local se_obj = alife_object(self.object:id())
   if (se_obj) then
      local m_data = alife_storage_manager.get_se_obj_state(se_obj)
      if (m_data and m_data.offline_condition) then
         self.object:set_condition(tonumber(m_data.offline_condition) or 0.9999999) --> This fails to execute for some reason...
         m_data.offline_condition = nil
      end
   end
end

set_condition() seems to mysteriously fail inside that load(stpk) method.

Therefore, I have moved this whole snippet of code from load(stpk):

if (se_obj) then
         self.object:set_condition(tonumber(m_data.offline_condition) or 0.9999999) --> This executes correctly now...
      end
   end

... inside artefact_binder:update(delta)'s first_call.

Everything seems fine now.

Wasyock
Scavenger

Postby Wasyock » 03 Aug 2017, 05:40

A common mistake in the Dark Valley
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gosha Dodik
Scavenger

Postby Gosha Dodik » 03 Aug 2017, 07:23

Я нашел несколько багов.
1)С монолитом нельзя начать диалог.Играл за бойца монолита , но диалог просто не начинается.
2)Нпс молчат.Они просто молчат и у костров и вообще без единой реплики.От фракции не зависит.
3)Любое задание связанное с зачисткой лагеря кидает на Болота рыбацкий хутор.Проверенно 7 раз за разные фракции.У разных сталкеров также брал квесты по спасению их товарищей кидала именно на это место.
P.S использую пропатченый CoC с одним аддоном меняющим скины оружию (OWR3).Если найду ещё сразу отрепорчу сюда.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 03 Aug 2017, 13:08

xQd wrote:Regarding the artefact degradation not persisting between save games bug.

After some thorough research, I have noticed that in the artefact_binder:load(stpk) method from bind_artefact.script, the offline_condition variable is actually holding the correct condition value when loading the save, but set_condition() silently fails afterwards:

function artefact_binder:load(stpk)
   object_binder.load(self,stpk)
   if (se_obj) then
         self.object:set_condition(tonumber(m_data.offline_condition) or 0.9999999) --> This fails to execute for some reason...
      end
   end
end

set_condition() seems to mysteriously fail inside that load(stpk) method.

Therefore, I have moved this whole snippet of code from load(stpk):

if (se_obj) then
         self.object:set_condition(tonumber(m_data.offline_condition) or 0.9999999) --> This executes correctly now...
      end
   end

... inside artefact_binder:update(delta)'s first_call.

Everything seems fine now.

Thanks. No wonder it stopped working. It originally was done in first update when it was first implemented: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-o ... bad7388050
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

SadBlackFox
Scavenger

Postby SadBlackFox » 03 Aug 2017, 13:15

Сидор в 1.5 не покупает артефакты
А готовое мясо насыщает в 2 раза меньше, чем готовое. Зато готовое стоит бешеных денег у Бармена.
Ножом ящики сталкеры не разбивают, пытаются достать нож, но что-то не выходит.

Задания Шустрого на рандомные стволы.
Mossberg Maverick M88 сдать не получается. Либо ошибка в переводе задания... либо не знаю.
UPD. Заспавнил заведомо новый ствол. Тож самое.

In Limansk:

! [LUA] Can't get information about patrol point number 13 in the patrol way lim_smart_terrain_9_heli_1_fly

In Laboratory X18:

~ cannot remove restriction with id [10593][dar_zone_mine_acidic_average] to the entity with id [32259][m_poltergeist_normal_tele32259], because it is not added
~ cannot remove restriction with id [10607][dar_zone_mine_gravitational_average] to the entity with id [32258][m_poltergeist_normal_tele32258], because it is not added
~ cannot remove restriction with id [10595][dar_zone_field_radioactive_average] to the entity with id [32257][m_poltergeist_normal_flame32257], because it is not added
~ cannot remove restriction with id [10595][dar_zone_field_radioactive_average] to the entity with id [32259][m_poltergeist_normal_tele32259], because it is not added

При переходе с рендера dx9 или dx8 на dx 11 в настройках sun qualty нельзя выставить extreme, только после рестарта игры

Древесный уголь можно юзать просто так, количество угля отнимается но ничего не происходит

Бармен в баре не бессмертен

! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_bo4ka_big_iov_bump
! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_bo4ka_big_iov_bump#
! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_walls7_bump
! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_walls7_bump#
! Fallback to default bump map: wind\wind_03_ch_bump
! Fallback to default bump map: wind\wind_03_ch_bump#
! Fallback to default bump map: wood\wood_doski_bump1
! Fallback to default bump map: wood\wood_doski_bump1#

! Fallback to default bump map: wood\wood_doski_bump1
! Fallback to default bump map: wood\wood_doski_bump1#

! Fallback to default bump map: act\act_corp_military_bump
! Fallback to default bump map: act\act_corp_military_bump#

! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_bo4ka_big_iov_bump
! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_bo4ka_big_iov_bump#
! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_walls7_bump
! Fallback to default bump map: mtl\mtl_walls7_bump#

J00B
Scavenger

Postby J00B » 03 Aug 2017, 14:45

Text/bump problem on this corpse object.
http://imgur.com/iMSB86h
Another X-ray 1.6 has stopped working crash... starting to think it has something to do with my computer rather than the game, can anyone elaborate?

Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   xrEngine.exe
  Application Version:   1.6.0.2
  Application Timestamp:   5982dc18
  Fault Module Name:   xrCore.dll
  Fault Module Version:   0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   597d97a7
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00024987
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:   3081
  Additional Information 1:   b38a
  Additional Information 2:   b38a097dcb9fd1da8a0a2f7aaab36a32
  Additional Information 3:   cc7c
  Additional Information 4:   cc7c46b92fab947eaaaa1189fff35c2b

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 03 Aug 2017, 15:47

Alundaio wrote:Thanks. No wonder it stopped working. It originally was done in first update when it was first implemented: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-o ... bad7388050

I have tried to play with your fix but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. My solution was making the set_condition part execute first at the first update after load.

The fact that you placed the set_condition code at the bottom of the first update makes it fail loading the condition data sometimes, probably because it reaches the return statement inside this if condition, which cancels the rest of the first update code, including loading the value of the artefact's condition:

local ini = self.object:spawn_ini()
      if not (ini and ini:section_exist("fixed_bone")) then
         self.first_call = false
         return
      end

The best way was your first implementation where you did that at the beggining of the first update.

Lateee
Scavenger

Postby Lateee » 03 Aug 2017, 16:53

Could you please fix flashlight in 3rd (1) person? It doesn't follow where you aim, it's been like that since I remember CoC existing. I know it's not gamebreaking or anything, but I really enjoy playing CoC in 3rd (1) person and not having a proper flashlight ruins it at nights. :( Thanks in advance!

Wasyock
Scavenger

Postby Wasyock » 04 Aug 2017, 05:22

Marsh, steps at old church - I see the brackets in the leaky textures.

RangerStalker
Scavenger

Postby RangerStalker » 04 Aug 2017, 06:56

Very small texture mapping error (new to 1.5) but I menton it anyway; one of the wall/window textures mapping have become dislodged in dead city:

1.5 default; normal map not align and window frames disappering into wall
https://image.ibb.co/js7Aba/1_5.jpg

1.5 with dead city level files from 1.4.22 it becomes correct:
https://image.ibb.co/dr0Vba/1_5_w1_4dc.jpg

Thank you for your awesome addon and continued improvements and support!!

Deimos
Scavenger

Postby Deimos » 04 Aug 2017, 16:24

Через 1-1.5 часа непрерывной игры в консоли начинает спамить сообщение:

RENDER [Warning]: Too many occlusion queries were issued(>1536)!!!

И если не перезагрузить игру, то через некоторое время следует вылет:

stack trace:

0023:616D7574 nvwgf2um.dll, NVAPI_Thunk()
0023:04652CCD luabind.beta7-devel.rc4.dll, luabind::detail::overload_rep::call()
0023:0465A5F5 luabind.beta7-devel.rc4.dll, luabind::detail::class_rep::function_dispatcher()
0023:5CDA266D lua51.dll
0023:5CDA7246 lua51.dll, lua_pcall()
0023:0B3B47F5 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::operator=()
0023:00448CF5 xrEngine.exe, CSheduler::Update()

[error][ 8] : Недостаточно памяти для обработки команды.

Причем каждый раз либо с таким логом, либо с пустым логом.

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 05 Aug 2017, 04:14

Here are some minor bugs I found during my recent playthrough:

- I don't know if it is intended or not, but headshots are a lot less effective than they used to be. It's very annoying to have to spend more than one high-caliber bullet on a random bandit, especially when he is just wearing a hood or a gas mask...

- The new animation displayed when NPCs are looting bodies is bugged. They hold their rifle in an unnatural way - almost as if holding a pistol - just before going back to a more normal pose. Other than that, this little addition is very nice !

- Legs cycles in Third Person View don't blend properly. This particular animation has never been perfectly smooth, but the effect is a lot more noticeable than it was before.

- Bullet tracers are not always visible, even though the box is ticked in the Options.

- Only a few campfires can be ignited/extinguished.

- When driven mad by a Controller, stalkers take ages to recover. They stay on the ground for a long time, endlessly holding their head and moaning. Giving them medkits make them stand for half a second, and then they drop back to their knees...

- Stalkers sometimes start to walk very slowly, not matching their animation speed anymore.

- When dropped, memory sticks have the same model as medkits.
Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.

sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE
Scavenger

Postby sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE » 05 Aug 2017, 05:54

Small typo bug in sr_teleport_sections.ltx (carried over from 1.4.22 into 1.5).

[agr_space_restrictor_to_garbage_1] and [agr_space_restrictor_to_garbage_2] both point to:
reject_path = agr_level_changer_to_garbage_2_reject_way

So if you enter [agr_space_restrictor_to_garbage_1] space restrictor and select No,
Your now rejected to [agr_space_restrictor_to_garbage_2] space restrictor.

Line 131 needs to be changed to:
reject_path = agr_level_changer_to_garbage_1_reject_way

Only reason I noticed is my PDA Level Changer addon uses the reject_path to teleport the player to a space restrictor.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 05 Aug 2017, 11:51

Cheers! I think this was fixed but some how got reverted: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-o ... 53e353efd5

Return to “General Discussion”