xQd's thread of scripting questions

xQd
Scavenger

xQd's thread of scripting questions

Postby xQd » 22 Jul 2017, 14:48

I am currently modding CoC alot with the goal of making the gameplay as hard as possible. Instead of creating a new thread with every new question I have, I figured I should post them all in a single thread.

1. So right now I am trying to make it so you get less ammo from unloading a weapon. When you unload a weapon, you get the exact amount of remaining bullets from the mag. Therefore, if you play stealthly, like how I usually do, you get to kill NPCs without giving them a chance to fire once and you end up with a full mag from the weapon they carried. I also noticed that they barely use their secondary so you get a full mag from their backup weapon as well.

I have tried to implement this code provided by Alundaio from here.

It doesn't do anything, I used the printf function on data.ammo_current and it shows 90 bullets in the mag of most of the weapons, which is impossible. Maybe it has to do with the fact that some functions from death_manager.script regarding loot drops from NPCs execute twice at the same time when they die? I posted that bug here.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: xQd's thread of scripting questions

Postby Alundaio » 23 Jul 2017, 16:51

In death_manager.script after set_weapon_drop_condition is called you can do something like this:

Code: Select all

item:set_ammo_elapsed( math.random(0,item:get_ammo_in_magazine()) )
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 23 Jul 2017, 17:52

Alundaio wrote:In death_manager.script after set_weapon_drop_condition is called you can do something like this:

item:set_ammo_elapsed( math.random(0,item:get_ammo_in_magazine()) )

This solution works. Thank you very much.

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 26 Jul 2017, 09:50

I have a custom descr_functor for my custom task which modifies the PDA description text of my task depending on the name and community of the task giver. I can successfully extract the name of the task giver but I cannot figure out how to get their community, it always crashes when I try to call either community() or character_community() on the task giver.

Here is the code snippet in task_functor.script:

local id = tsk.task_giver_id
   local se_obj = id and alife_object(id)
   if not (se_obj) then
      printf("task giver not valid!")
      return ""
   else
      printf("task giver valid: id=%s   task_id=%s",id,tsk.id)
      local name = se_obj:character_name()
      local faction = se_obj:character_community() --> this is where it crashes(attempting to call character_community() method, nil value); also tried character_community(se_obj)
      if (field == "descr") then
         return strformat(game.translate_string(p) or "",name,faction)
      end
   end

I don't get it, why character_community() works in any other script but it doesn't work in task_functor.script?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 26 Jul 2017, 22:02

But character_name() works?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 27 Jul 2017, 04:05

Alundaio wrote:But character_name() works?

character_name() works, it prints out the correct name.

I have tried to return the level the task_giver is in, using:

game.translate_string(alife():level_name(game_graph():vertex(se_obj.m_game_vertex_id):level_id()))

That works too.

I have tried se_obj.community, it doesn't crash the game, but it prints nil. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the NPC's player_id is set to 'trader' ? The community is set inside the character_desc_*.xml.

I needed this because the traders are dynamic, they can spawn in any level and faction. Therefore, I needed a good way to inform the player via PDA task description from whom they got the task. The trader's character name didn't seem enough, so I also wanted to add the trader NPC's faction to the description.

The level name seems good enough for me though, no need to show the faction name anymore.

Return to “General Discussion”