Bugs and Issues Thread

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Bugs and Issues Thread

Postby Alundaio » 27 Oct 2016, 02:16

Confirmed bugs (as of 1.4.13)

1. Companion patrol command is broken. Even upon issuing several waypoints, the prompt to order them to begin their patrol never appears.

2. Assault tasks from Dushman (there may be similar cases with other quest givers as well) often either automatically fail or automatically succeed upon changing levels. His assassination quests do not have this issue.

Needs confirmation (for 1.4.13)

1. Moving from Rostok into Garbage often results in a failed loading screen and a subsequent crash upon re-entering the level changer. Have not had the chance to test this myself (currently on a Mercenary playthrough.)
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Bangalore
Explorer

Re: Bugs and Issues Thread

Postby Bangalore » 28 Oct 2016, 06:39

Alundaio wrote:Needs confirmation (for 1.4.13)

1. Moving from Rostok into Garbage often results in a failed loading screen and a subsequent crash upon re-entering the level changer. Have not had the chance to test this myself (currently on a Mercenary playthrough.)

No confirm, i can't reproduce this. The level changer works fine, and if we reject the level change, no crash. I double checked in level editor and the sr_teleport_sections.ltx, no errors.

Btw, what is Rostok? Bar or Wild Territory? I tried both Bar and Wild Territory lc to Garbage, but no crash.
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 28 Oct 2016, 08:08

Bar is I guess Rostok, even though Wild Territory is Rostok. I can never reproduce 90% of the stuff people say, honestly. Could be anything, could be save thing that was just fixed, I dunno.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Yarmoshuk
Scavenger

Postby Yarmoshuk » 25 Nov 2016, 05:15

Bug report: Lab X-18 bug when playing as an Ecologist

Hi Team Epic
First of all, thank you for such an amazing STALKER-mod! CoC has brought me many many hours of joy! You guys are awesome! However, I do wish to report a bug that I recently experienced.

The Ecologist faction is neutral to the Military-faction, but when picking up the documents in Lab X-18 (Dark Valley) the military guys that spawn inside the laboratory is hostile and will attack you on sight. However, killing the hostile military counts as killing friendlies and will ruin your reputation.

The following is just my opinion regarding the matter: I don't think the Military should be hostile when exploring the labs as an Ecologist. It does not make much sense as both the Ecologists and the Military are working for the same employer (the Ukrainian government).
Last edited by Yarmoshuk on 01 Dec 2016, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.

Weasel
Scavenger

Postby Weasel » 26 Nov 2016, 12:43

Hello,

I'm not sure this is the correct area to ask, but I thought the question might be useful to anyone browsing this thread.

Is there a best format or way of reporting bugs? What information should be included with a bug report, as to make the information provided more easily utilized by the devs? Are there game error/crash logs recorded in the game data?

I was actually thinking about playing through the game while recording video in order to better demonstrate various bugs so that devs might be able to make assumptions on what is happening behind the scenes. I'm not sure this would be especially helpful, but I thought I might offer.

If there is anyone I can get into contact with about "playtesting" or if there are any priorities in the area of bug finding/replication, I would be glad to throw in my hat to help out.

Thanks For Reading,
Weasel

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 02 Dec 2016, 11:37

Yarmoshuk wrote:Bug report: Lab X-18 bug when playing as an Ecologist

Hi Team Epic
First of all, thank you for such an amazing STALKER-mod! CoC has brought me many many hours of joy! You guys are awesome! However, I do wish to report a bug that I recently experienced.

The Ecologist faction is neutral to the Military-faction, but when picking up the documents in Lab X-18 (Dark Valley) the military guys that spawn inside the laboratory is hostile and will attack you on sight. However, killing the hostile military counts as killing friendlies and will ruin your reputation.

The following is just my opinion regarding the matter: I don't think the Military should be hostile when exploring the labs as an Ecologist. It does not make much sense as both the Ecologists and the Military are working for the same employer (the Ukrainian government).

Story mode is really a loner story that can be accessed by factions that have similar relations to avoid conflicts. It's impossible to make sure story mode is perfect for every faction. Reputation in CoC is more of an aesthetic, goodwill (faction standing) shouldn't be decreased upon killing them too much if at all.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 02 Dec 2016, 11:39

Weasel wrote:Hello,

I'm not sure this is the correct area to ask, but I thought the question might be useful to anyone browsing this thread.

Is there a best format or way of reporting bugs? What information should be included with a bug report, as to make the information provided more easily utilized by the devs? Are there game error/crash logs recorded in the game data?

I was actually thinking about playing through the game while recording video in order to better demonstrate various bugs so that devs might be able to make assumptions on what is happening behind the scenes. I'm not sure this would be especially helpful, but I thought I might offer.

If there is anyone I can get into contact with about "playtesting" or if there are any priorities in the area of bug finding/replication, I would be glad to throw in my hat to help out.

Thanks For Reading,
Weasel

This thread or the coc.epicstalker.com/bugtracker site is fine for bug reporting. Not really need an internal testing team at this time, but you are more then welcomed to try and track bugs down in the lastest patches by playing CoC strictly vanilla.

WaffenSS
Scavenger

Postby WaffenSS » 11 Dec 2016, 04:13

Alundaio wrote:
Confirmed bugs (as of 1.4.13)

1. Companion patrol command is broken. Even upon issuing several waypoints, the prompt to order them to begin their patrol never appears.

2. Assault tasks from Dushman (there may be similar cases with other quest givers as well) often either automatically fail or automatically succeed upon changing levels. His assassination quests do not have this issue.

Needs confirmation (for 1.4.13)

I can reproduce this, I entered the bar portion of Rostock, coming from Wild Territory, and when I go into any other zone but Wild Territory itself, the game crashes.
stack traceback:
....r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_sound.script:13: in function 'set_sound_play'
.... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_effects.script:2050: in function <.... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_effects.script:2031>
....r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:404: in function 'pick_section_from_condlist'
....r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:510: in function 'try_switch_to_another_section'
...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:460: in function <...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:380>
[C]: in function 'section_exist'
....l.k.e.r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1471: in function 'r_string_ex'
...k.e.r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\utils.script:754: in function 'is_ammo'
...l of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\axr_trade_manager.script:216: in function 'npc_trade_buy_sell'
.... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_effects.script:4406: in function <.... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_effects.script:4405>
.... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_effects.script:4406: in function <.... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_effects.script:4405>
....r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:406: in function 'pick_section_from_condlist'
....r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:507: in function 'try_switch_to_another_section'
...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:460: in function <...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:380>
[C]: in function 'play_sound'
... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sound_theme.script:204: in function 'play'
....r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_sound.script:27: in function 'set_sound_play'
... call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sound_manager.script:173: in function 'update'
...e.r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sr_camp.script:129: in function 'update'
...r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\bind_camp.script:49: in function <...r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\bind_camp.script:46>
set_sound_play. Wrong sound theme [jup_a6_base_guard], npc[19302]
coudnt find npc!!!
coudnt find npc!!!
* [win32]: free[2467060 K], reserved[537156 K], committed[1190024 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[719777 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[382663 K], game lua[29401 K], render[5720 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[22816 K], smem[176951 K]
stack trace:

0023:08E03687 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::UseIndicators()
0023:08E19391 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::UseIndicators()

[error][ 87] : The parameter is incorrect.
Game decided to mow me down mid game :| :mg:

TheRealSlimShady
Scavenger

Postby TheRealSlimShady » 20 Dec 2016, 11:12

Hey. I managed to find an exploit that you can do. From what I remember this persisted since 1.4.00. If you get a stash or a container of any kind, get a toolkit, use it until its only ONE bar left, put it in the stash/container, leave the map and come back, and check the stash, the toolkit will have fully replenished, so you can use it twice again before you leave the map and come back. This applies to every toolkit, even in stacks. And if its 1.4.15 or later, you can simply just fast-travel across the map, fast-travel back to where your stash is, and they'll be fully replenished! Which means you can infinitely repair any gun with the same toolkit, repair it until you can sell it to the trader and make free, easy money. If you get a large stack of toolkits, you can simply take every rifle you get from gunfights, head back to the stash, repair them, head to the trader and sell them. For factions it's even worse because you get much more money for the guns you sell to technicians, which breaks any sort of economy that type of faction would have!

Last_Dawn
Scavenger

Postby Last_Dawn » 01 Jan 2017, 14:35

Hello everyone.

Excuse me for my grammar, i from russia.

In CoC not working "on_info =" in scheme "sr_particle" in restrictor logic.

That original:
[sr_particle]
name = anomaly2\effects\anomaly_electra_idle_sparks
path = pri_a25_smart_terrain_pri_a25_antenna_blow_up_particle_point
mode = 2
looped = true
on_info = {+pri_a25_antenna_destroyed} sr_idle@update_task_check_cnock

In CoC:
[sr_particle]
name = anomaly2\psi_antenna_00
path = rad_antenna_particle1
mode = 2
looped = true
on_info = {+bar_deactivate_radar_done} sr_idle@nil

"on_info = {+bar_deactivate_radar_done} sr_idle@nil" broke all logic in the file.
Don't believe me? Go to the Radar or Generators and you will see that particles aren't working.

And more: rad_sound_drone.ltx/rad_sound_thunder.ltx doesn't work, because this file has commented out lines.

Thanks for understanding.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 02 Jan 2017, 07:41

Last Dawn, Radar and Generators only work while in story mode: http://imgur.com/a/HbM2U

If you are not in story mode, there is no longer the goal to get the Psy Helmet to disable Radar and end-game Generators. This is not a bug, simply you are misinformed.

JackPyro
Scavenger

Postby JackPyro » 07 Jan 2017, 11:09

I dunno if this is a right thread. But I made a custom mod launcher for CoC and I have issue about starting game from (my) launcher. It doesn't even create xrEngine process. Are you using some sort of protection in Stalker-CoC.exe?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 07 Jan 2017, 23:50

All stalker-coc.exe does is call bin\xrEngine.exe but with the start path inside the main directory. You could do this yourself from your custom mod launcher.

mkari37
Scavenger

Postby mkari37 » 10 Jan 2017, 18:35

1.4.22, during a large battle in Agroprom :

Code: Select all

stack traceback:
   ...s\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1102: in function 'abort'
   ...s\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1218: in function 'set_save_marker'
   ...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:507: in function <...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:506>
   [C]: in function 'execute'
   ... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\level_input.script:51: in function <... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\level_input.script:17>
   [C]: in function 'object'
   ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_scripted.script:393: in function 'remove_npc'
   ...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\combat_group.script:195: in function 'simulate'
   ...ernobyl\gamedata\scripts\offline_combat_simulator.script:62: in function 'squad_on_update'
   ...l of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_warfare.script:67: in function 'func_or_userdata'
   ...ker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\axr_main.script:187: in function 'make_callback'
   ...s\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:96: in function 'SendScriptCallback'
   ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_scripted.script:188: in function <... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_scripted.script:124>
ERROR: You are saving too much
! load/save mismatch, object: 'wpn_colt191139135'
! load/save mismatch, object: ''
stack trace:

0023:005C7DA5 xrCore.dll, NET_Packet::r_float_q8()
0023:0577FAF9 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

[error][      87] : The parameter is incorrect.

intro_start game_loaded
* MEMORY USAGE: 836332 K
* End of synchronization A[1] R[1]
intro_delete ::update_game_loaded
* [win32]: free[1184956 K], reserved[87544 K], committed[2921740 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[1847982 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[840336 K], game lua[42364 K], render[2041 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[28259 K], smem[1172735 K]
stack trace:

0023:005D01DA xrCore.dll, NET_Packet::w_u32()
0023:05AEBC95 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

Is this the best place to report these?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 10 Jan 2017, 23:11

mkari37 wrote:1.4.22, during a large battle in Agroprom :

stack traceback:
   ...s\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1102: in function 'abort'
   ...s\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:1218: in function 'set_save_marker'
   ...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:507: in function <...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\xr_motivator.script:506>
   [C]: in function 'execute'
   ... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\level_input.script:51: in function <... - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\level_input.script:17>
   [C]: in function 'object'
   ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_scripted.script:393: in function 'remove_npc'
   ...- call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\combat_group.script:195: in function 'simulate'
   ...ernobyl\gamedata\scripts\offline_combat_simulator.script:62: in function 'squad_on_update'
   ...l of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_warfare.script:67: in function 'func_or_userdata'
   ...ker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\axr_main.script:187: in function 'make_callback'
   ...s\stalker - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\_g.script:96: in function 'SendScriptCallback'
   ... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_scripted.script:188: in function <... of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sim_squad_scripted.script:124>
ERROR: You are saving too much
! load/save mismatch, object: 'wpn_colt191139135'
stack trace:

0023:005C7DA5 xrCore.dll, NET_Packet::r_float_q8()
0023:0577FAF9 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

intro_start game_loaded
* MEMORY USAGE: 836332 K
* End of synchronization A[1] R[1]
intro_delete ::update_game_loaded
* [win32]: free[1184956 K], reserved[87544 K], committed[2921740 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[1847982 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[840336 K], game lua[42364 K], render[2041 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[28259 K], smem[1172735 K]
stack trace:

0023:005D01DA xrCore.dll, NET_Packet::w_u32()
0023:05AEBC95 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

Is this the best place to report these?

I suggest maybe not to play warfare. There is no use reporting issues for it to me. It hasn't been updated for 1.4 and repo hasn't been updated for over a month. Werejew planned to rewrite Warfare, even he advises not to play with the repo.

mkari37
Scavenger

Postby mkari37 » 10 Jan 2017, 23:30

There is no use reporting issues for it to me.

Oops, sorry. I thought I interpreted the stacktrace as indicating the error came from outside Warfare. My Lua is not strong.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 10 Jan 2017, 23:41

They indicate you have severe save corruption which is not really a problem that others are reporting for CoC. Errors in scripts are capable of causing it. Warfare has problems with spawning too many objects I've heard, not just from you, but others have said it. That could be a reason too.

CaptainCaution
Scavenger

Postby CaptainCaution » 12 Jan 2017, 15:37

patches applied: 1.4.21 - 1.4.22
only mod = inaccurate zombies

just a few things I noticed during a story mode loner playthrough

1) NPCs have the ability to see you (Player) in full cover ie inside the Skadovsk , You can be killed upstairs at the rear of the boat by the door and be killed by bullets passing through the metal walls... WTF????, they can also see you inside a darkened room and snipe you through a window yet if you demo record you wont see yourself!
2) Zombies are on good terms with EVERYONE except Player! they hardly ever attack other factions
3) Most mutants, zombies and NPCs hardly ever attack each other but when they do and the player is in range they will instantly collaborate.
4) Translation needed for radio chatter *Told early on in game to pay attention to radio. only works if you understand Russian
5) Night predators like Chimeras, Cats and Snorks can now only be seen at night. Not so, All are visible and active during daylight hours 7am-8pm
6) Minor underground labs unpopulated: Iron Forest, Krug Antenna Complex, Jupiter Plant
7) Scientist Escort Quest: = Broken: does not complete (go to Ash Heap or Cement Factory, wait for Mission Update then go back to bunker, back at bunker stood on waypoint with no command to complete mission) WORKAROUND: = Quick Save then quit then Load Last Save resolved the problem
8) Some NPC Enemies fire different weapons to the ones they drop (zombie firing a heavy machine gun drops an AK)
9) Beard gives player 10000+RU for almost any artefact or 40RU for a can of energy drink... best start collecting those cans for recycling so I can retire.
10) Fetch Quest given by NPCs (guards) on the Skadovsk are sometimes not completed by the quest giver but by another NPC.
11) Quest locator arrow on minimap not being set when WayPoints icon is clicked in task manager (this is the sub task and has a grey arrow)
12) Players inventory weight not subtracted for total in real time when transferring items in to the to-be-sold box (money does).
13) Zombies and snorks (and others one must assume) attack, shoot and kill player even teleporting through a closed doorway of factory above lab X-16 stairway (used to be the original entrance to get to lab X-16) opposite new Dead City entrance
14) Map pointer is very "laggy" when map is zoomed out (this is progressive in that the further out the more lag is observed)
15) Stash location icons on map need to be uppermost i.e. on top of anomaly field icons.
16) Lab X-18 no warning when leaving. fraps crash.
17) Piotr Kalugin no longer holds the PDA with the code to the 2nd level in lab X-18 there is however a entry in the message logs giving the transcript of the PDA conversation including the code 1243
18) Music still plays on speakers at Duty base around 100rads bar when Radio Music is not selected in Options > Game. (not good for YouTube kopyright)

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 13 Jan 2017, 17:21

2) Zombies are on good terms with EVERYONE except Player! they hardly ever attack other factions
3) Most mutants, zombies and NPCs hardly ever attack each other but when they do and the player is in range they will instantly collaborate.

This is not true even in YT videos and streams I see zombied and mutants attacking eachother.

4) Translation needed for radio chatter *Told early on in game to pay attention to radio. only works if you understand Russian

Not sure what you mean here. What do you mean by radio chatter? What do you mean you are told to pay attention to radio chatter? In vanilla CoC there is closed captioning and all text is in English. Some voices are also in English, like megaphone and arena announcements. Dynamic news is in English as text.

18) Music still plays on speakers at Duty base around 100rads bar when Radio Music is not selected in Options > Game. (not good for YouTube kopyright)

The only music, that I'm aware of, that plays over the megaphone is Dirge for the Planet which is also played in bar in ShoC over the megaphone and should not cause a copyright strike.

14) Map pointer is very "laggy" when map is zoomed out (this is progressive in that the further out the more lag is observed)
See if Refresh Rate 60hz or V-Sync has any impact.

8) Some NPC Enemies fire different weapons to the ones they drop (zombie firing a heavy machine gun drops an AK)
NPCs drop the weapon they are actually holding. If you see a weapon in their inventory it was simply a weapon they had in their inventory. Maybe you were just mistaken and already accidentally picked it up when you examined the corpse or you just didn't see it laying on the ground.

Thanks for the feedback! :gizmo:

CaptainCaution
Scavenger

Postby CaptainCaution » 14 Jan 2017, 13:59

Hi Alundaio

I think 2 & 3 might be because of their "awareness" distance and me not sneaking around, I was on the big bridge in Zaton looking at noah's psycho barge and witnessed a pack of dogs attacking a pseudogiant.. the dogs lost

4 is military radio.. I think it's military, I have only heard it a couple of times its has a fair bit of static and RF interference but there is no text on screen or in the messages log, I think it might be some communication for completing or starting a mission?, I think we are told about it by one of Nimble's word of wisdom in the load splash screen.

8 this has only happened once I did take some screen caps but the zombie was not holding a weapon

14 Refresh Rate 60hz or V-Sync has no effect, I have also notice that the lag is significantly less at the top of the map Chernobyl NPP, could this be related to the transition points and my nvidia GTX 860M (mobile) graphics card? the game has everything on max and plays well.

18 yes that is the music that I hear play Dirge for the Planet, Lets Players that monetize their videos fall foul of the YT/Google music copyright now Google Play sells music

Return to “General Discussion”