Direct3d 9 mode no longer supported?

xDShot
Scavenger

Direct3d 9 mode no longer supported?

Postby xDShot » 21 Oct 2016, 07:55

Hi.

Is it possible to launch latest 1.4 version in direct3d 9 mode? I know it was in previous versions, but this doesn't seem to work now.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Direct3d 9 mode no longer supported?

Postby Alundaio » 21 Oct 2016, 13:37

Huh? Of course DX9 works. Are you sure you aren't using something like SweetFX or Reshade?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

xDShot
Scavenger

Postby xDShot » 21 Oct 2016, 13:41

Alundaio wrote:Huh? Of course DX9 works. Are you sure you aren't using something like SweetFX or Reshade?

None of this installed. However, it seems the game tries to launch in DX10 mode, which doesn't work on my system. Are there any launch properties to switch mode? Or where can I find config files?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 21 Oct 2016, 14:12

user.ltx in appdata

Default renderer is DX8 unless you changed it in-game to dx10. The Engine should auto-detect what can or cannot run on your system by pre-loading the DirectX libraries. Whatever is available in the dropdown list should work.

DX9 static:

Code: Select all

renderer renderer_2
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Return to “General Discussion”