Trucks Cemetery..

Amaninter Axling
Scavenger

Trucks Cemetery..

Postby Amaninter Axling » 22 Sep 2016, 09:02

I'm going to presume that you will all know in advance what this is about.

Well flippity-flup, I am having some problems. I'm not entirely helpless, and have done much to alleviate my woes. Of course, immediate "out-of-memory" CTD on entering the Eddie Stobart graveyard. Wasn't surprised, had been forewarned. Handy autosave got me in. Graphical performance fine, nice and smooth, great looking level btw, props to whoever designed it, 'tis beautiful, odd brief stutter whenever any a-life was coming online, that's okay I can live with that. Then after a couple of brief encounters, it began to get annoying. Too many CTDs, three in only a few minutes. Always the same cause, out of memory.

So, I shrank all my textures to a more manageable size, used to have to do this in the Skyrims a lot, that helped. The weird stuff started happening. A glowing ball of elctricity descended from the sky and started chugging along the main road running east to west at the top of the map. Okay, never seen that before. Ball intersects with a family of fleshes, CTD. Fook. Reload, it's fine. Fleshes getf ried, ball carries on its merry way. Get halfway down the road, some Freedom hippies pop up in the distance, CTD. Reload, it's fine, sell some roasted flesh meat to the hippies (they aren't vegans!) carry on to intersection, go and explore a truck, kick some barrels off the back of said truck, CTD. Reload, carry on, leave truck alone, exit back to Bar, that's it.

Any suggestions to improve the stability of this level would be appreciated!

Darryl
Adventurer

Re: Trucks Cemetery..

Postby Darryl » 22 Sep 2016, 10:40

Fixed in 1.4.

Amaninter Axling
Scavenger

Postby Amaninter Axling » 22 Sep 2016, 10:42

well that's just peaches and herb then!

Borovos
Adventurer

Postby Borovos » 23 Sep 2016, 16:07

Ball intersects with a family of fleshes, CTD

I was not expected something like this can happen in my level! Hunt flesh with a dynamic anomaly! :anom:
The anomaly have to be online to be visible, so it depend of online radius. And it have a timer too.

For the rest, this level is killing the engine. Too much lod object. Too much poly...

So, in function of your computer, it's less or more stable. I can play here a long time without problems. The fix will help.
Quel est ton choix? Quel est ton but? Mettre des droites ou jouer de la flûte?

Listenis Youghaupt
Scavenger

Postby Listenis Youghaupt » 24 Sep 2016, 12:52

Lots of strange things happen in that level. I think I saw a ghost. I also saw a cat fight off three dogs.

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 26 Sep 2016, 07:12

Sounds like teh kind of scary stories you gathered back in SoC. It would be fun to have them back, haha

Return to “General Discussion”