Large NPC detection change

v1ld
Scavenger

Large NPC detection change

Postby v1ld » 05 Jul 2016, 22:50

There's a commit that radically changes npc detection parameters that has yet to be released but will be part of 1.4: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-o ... 22ec9e2c35

CoC as it stands is well balanced for fun combat and this seems like a very large change to that balance - almost every part of NPC detection has been bumped aggressively.

Aside: Does transparency_threshold have to be as low as 0.3 to fix the shoot through walls effect?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Large NPC detection change

Postby Alundaio » 07 Jul 2016, 00:42

No, this will not be in 1.4 and in fact I changed this back when I found out it was done.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

v1ld
Scavenger

Postby v1ld » 07 Jul 2016, 02:37

Alundaio wrote:No, this will not be in 1.4 and in fact I changed this back when I found out it was done.

Good to hear.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 23 Jul 2016, 21:15

I should poi tnoutbthat I have been playing 1.3.2.0 and the npx behaviour is amazing. Please do not change it or mess it up. The combat in COC is the best I have seen!
You can use stealth in certain places and I don't want to lose that from such an amazing game.
If anythig , I would like the nppcs to have normal eyesight, meaning they cannot see you in the dark or at great distances. They should also not be able to see you well in thick fog, and should not be able to see you hiding behind a bush.
Many people say that is too easy, but I disagree. It is very realistic and if you want to want to make the game harder simply make the NPCs more accurate.
Personally NPCs should not be able to see you in the distance or behind bushes unless you are moving.

Return to “General Discussion”