Cannot install Call of Chernobyl

Obscurify
Scavenger

Cannot install Call of Chernobyl

Postby Obscurify » 20 Jun 2016, 22:40

Hello, I've been trying for the past four hours to install Call of Chernobyl. It keeps asking me to either insert a disk or specify where this 'disks' files are. I have tried every file and file directory for Call of Pripyat, but it just does not work. Looking into ModDB's comments, it appeared Alundaio linked somebody with the same problem to a thread that did not help me or them in any way shape or form.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Cannot install Call of Chernobyl

Postby Alundaio » 21 Jun 2016, 00:44

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=297

• Q: How do I install Call of Chernobyl?
  • A: Call of Chernobyl is packaged inside an installer. Simply run the executable and follow the steps on screen. It is not recommended to have your install located in Program Files where your OS is installed. The installer also requires you to have a legal copy of Call of Pripyat installed on your system, this doesn't matter if it's GoG, Steam or boxed versions of the game.
    CoC is a standalone and use it's own engine, don't install it over CoP.
    Change the default installation path to a new, dedicated folder. Preferably out of the program files folder (or you'll have to launch the game as administrator).

• Q: The installer is not working properly on my system, is there a workaround?
  • A: Some anti-virus software flags installers created with innosetup as a virus. Our installer is not digitally signed and some users have reported xrParticles.dll being silently removed by their anti-virus software. This is most likely a false positive. Also, people have reported the failure to detect CoP installation in your Windows registry. If you have any of these problems, download Innounp which will allow you to unpack the installation manually.

Installer will only work if it detects COP in your Windows registry. If it doesn't work, then use the InnounpW.exe from the 2nd question.

This is the forum thread I linked and it does help. Install COC into COP directory. DO NOT. Install CoC own it's own.

If you downloaded the installer from Mega, it will rename the setup.exe. Make sure it has the same name as the other files.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 21 Jun 2016, 01:03

First of all, I have been trying to install it into the CoP directory. Because I have installed this mod before. Second of all, when I tried the Innoun GUI, I was greeted by this wonderful info box upon trying to sort through the gibberish. http://puu.sh/pAhWO/deb899b27e.png
Not only that, but the other applications will not even run to begin with.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 21 Jun 2016, 01:52

Make sure the installer files are all named as follows:
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-1.bin
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-2.bin
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-3.bin
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-4.bin
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-5.bin
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup.exe

Do not install it on or into Call of Pripyat directory.

Incase you need the registry entry: https://mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVk ... 9zbU2Iy5KI

Are you on Windows 10?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 21 Jun 2016, 18:15

I have no clue where to put the registry file as there is no readme or instructions included with the download, 'nor do I have any clue where to put the installer files. Secondly I'm confused as to why you told me explicitly not to install CoC on its own inside of the CoP directory, then told me not to do this. And no, I'm running on windows 7. Thanks for the help so far, anyways.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 21 Jun 2016, 18:52

The installer files can go anywhere, like your Downloads folder. Just run the .exe after making sure all the files are named correctly.

You might not need the .reg file. But all you do is double-click it.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 21 Jun 2016, 19:15

I put all of the installer files in and made sure they were properly named. I put them all in the steamapps/downloading folder and this is the message I have been getting the entire time http://puu.sh/pBd25/fc8685fc93.png I even double-clicked the registry file to add it to my registry.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 21 Jun 2016, 19:30

The bins are not named properly

Correct names:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-1.bin
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-2.bin
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-3.bin
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-4.bin
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup-5.bin
S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup.exe

Yours says S.T.A.L.K.E.R._-_Call_of_Chernobyl_setup.exe-1.bin. Remove the .exe from the bins

We are not sure why the host is renaming the setup. In the future we are doing away with the installer and Call of Pripyat check. We didn't want whoever is the copyright holder for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. to come after us for releasing, basically the game for free. But really I don't think anyone cares right now.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 21 Jun 2016, 21:16

It is not named .exe, and I had added that earlier to see if it would worked, it did not, so I removed it.

Just ask Bes
Scavenger

Postby Just ask Bes » 22 Jun 2016, 19:02

If all else has failed there is of course an option not yet mentioned and that's the AutoUpdater

make a folder where you want the game to play from, i.e.
C:\GAMES\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Chernobyl

download AutoUpdater from the main CoC Mod page CoCdater_1_01.zip and unpack it and copy CoCdater.exe to the above folder

execute CoCdater.exe and hit the green button in the lower left of the app, except the popup and wait for 3-5 hours as it downloads everything you need, about 9GB of data

the only thing I can see this updater doesn't do is place an icon on your desktop or start menu so you will have to do that manually

TIPS:
Don't install into an existing Call of Pripyat folder and avoid any windows system folders like Program Files, Program Files (x86) etc due to excessive restrictions on permissions.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 22 Jun 2016, 20:25

I had tried that earlier but it didn't work, probably because I didn't have everything where it was supposed to be. Thanks though, I'm gonna try again now.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 23 Jun 2016, 01:28

I've installed it, and everything seemed to be in order, until I got this error.
http://puu.sh/pCJrR/066af18beb.png

Just ask Bes
Scavenger

Postby Just ask Bes » 23 Jun 2016, 12:37

Ah progress

your error message says the file xrAPI.dll is missing this file should have been downloaded by the AutoUpdater and put in the folder _bin

go into your game folder and delete both these two files below. you may not see the .xml extention if you have hide system extentions and sytem files enabled (dont worry)
CoCdater.local.xml
CoCdater.remote.xml

then run CoCdater.exe and click the update button again and except the popup

delme.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Obscurify
Scavenger

Postby Obscurify » 23 Jun 2016, 16:01

This fixed my problems, the game is finally re-installed and running. Thanks! :D

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Jun 2016, 16:56

Thanks for helping him out JustAskBes.

Enjoy! :)

Return to “General Discussion”