Suggestions Thread

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Alexfighter » 12 Jul 2016, 05:56

I disagree with 5) because, from a "realistic" point of view, there shouldn't be a high rate of higher vs lower creatures in a limited ecosystem. Just my opinion.

However, 6) is a great idea. They're controllers, after all. They should have a limited capacity of converting people to zombies when they attack, as if they were actually controlling them. But if you kill the controller, the zombified NPCs should return to normal status.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 12 Jul 2016, 18:47

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and love this game, so I thought I;d throw in my 10 cents
I have literally 1000's of ideas, so I'll only list a few, I don;t wanna bore too many people on my first post.

I think most people have shown us what we want in a stalker game.
The beauty of COC is that the team gave us such an amazing game without losing the original feel to the game.
thats what made it great, the original and authentic atmosphere.

as for my suggestions... here goes...
1. Cars. Like in Lost Alpha. they had stash boxes built into the rear of the car. this was great for "mass looting" I loved it.
2. Heart of the Oasis artefact. I'm not sure if this is in the official download but it has been done, and I think it should be included in the official game.
3 a combination of AO S STCSWP, and OWR weapon addons. No one in their right mind turns down extra guns in Stalker. the more the merrier.... like this... http://imgur.com/v6FQ7Hc

4. more ammo load-outs on NPC's is extremely difficult to find ammo.
5. comprehensive difficulty settings. this is hard to describe, but say I can set the spawn levels and ammo load-outs on a scale of 1-10.
6. better help on modding. I have been having big problems editing mutant files...

I have 100's more but I'll stop there.
I'll only say that the mod is great, and don;t think that the original game needs "tweaking". I can sneak up on an army solider if i'm quiet... just like it's supposed to be!!! :)
Last edited by Steve2000 on 17 Jul 2016, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 15 Jul 2016, 19:21

Just an update after playing COC on freeplay for 1-2 days,

Here's a few suggestions..

7. nano cell inventory as standard.
8. return back to original icons. energy drinks can't be reconised properly.
9. 1p29 scope for the AK47 is upside when when you aim. cross-hairs upside down
10. remove or at least reduce the zoom on iron-sighted weapons. I cannot aim at close targets when it zooms so much.
11. The weapon repair guy in cordon has asked for a basic tool kit. I cannot find it I can only find the normal gunsmith kit. - is this normal?
COC 1.3.20 + AO 4.4
12. the 5.45x39 ammo looks too similar. can you change the colour of the ammo boxes in the inventory or revert back to the old icons?
13. the ak scopes need to be wider. the circular viewing hole is too narrow.
14. the seva suits night vision is worse than not using night vision at all.
15. there is not enough ammo dropped by NPC's. you spend more ammo killing people than you do looting their corpses.
16. guns should be cheap to repair once you have completed the mechanics missions. and then a profit should be made from the fixed weapon.
17. NPC's should drop armour. the condition of dropped armour should vary.
18. same with guns. no army commander would allow his men into the filed with half broken rifles. however since the is is the zone perhaps their is a good reason for using worn weaponry.

..more to come...
Last edited by Steve2000 on 17 Jul 2016, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 16 Jul 2016, 18:31

All suggestions up to here were with a AO game. some of the suggestions may not have been related to the vanila game.
The icons for example, for the bandage are fine in vanilla, but in AO the are difficult to see quickly and easily.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
19. Armour is very weak against the zone, and seems to wear down quickly.
20.Guns are the same. they wear far too quickly.
21. there are a few dialogue grammar issues. as shown in the screen shots. they are all minor issues.
22. the silencer for the AK-12 (sold by barkeep) suggests that you use the 7.62 silencer, but the gun is chambered for 5.45.
23. the jump height is very low. you cannot climb onto certain vehicles.
24. would it be possible to add looting of money and more PDA markets?
perhaps taking the PDAs to someone in the zone could yeild expensive equipment or artefacts.
25. the emissions take far too long to complete. I think it takes almost 3 minutes 30 seconds to complete. 30 seconds would be enough.
26. the arena does not work. it would be good if this would be turned into a working arena as the code is available in other mods.
27. enemies can see you in the dark even without night vision - change the luminosity or the NPC vision distance
28. enemies can see you through trees when you cannot see them. change the transparency or the NPC vision distance

http://tinypic.com/r/2i7ntrm/9
http://tinypic.com/r/wl982s/9
http://tinypic.com/r/ozqk7/9
http://tinypic.com/r/2eqbg9k/9

HostisPublicus
Scavenger

Postby HostisPublicus » 18 Jul 2016, 15:37

Hi, there is another proposal:
http://radikal.ru/big/1863a61cf8c84f93a1248954eb656fd5 (screen 1)
http://radikal.ru/big/34a4be9f9e5f4ec68de4e43e9d8302e3 (screen 2)
It is illogical that the transition point in the Red Forest to be just at Jupiter plant. Too much concentration of transitions in one place. The closest point to the Red Forest located near a gate of Container Warehouse.
And there is the base of bandits. This explains the unpopularity of this way from stalkers and military outpost in the Red Forest.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 18 Jul 2016, 18:18

Good point, HostisPublicus. Although I have never been to jupiter yet.
I manually edited some artefacts to be able to carry more weight. when the zone is so big, and cars can't be parted over, you have to improvise.
I edited the droplets artefact to give me +50kg.
I think there should be a more suitable artefact.
here's the rest of my suggestions.

29. The NPCS should have a move command. to make them get out of your way particularly around door ways.
30. The NPC on the search and rescue mission stays with you after the mission is complete. there is no way to dismiss him.
The reward fro the search and rescue mission is terrible at 3000. it should be more considering the effort it takes to do the mission.
31. some of the artefacts should have weight additions. since the zone is so big. 50kg is not enough for the inventory.
32. the AMK transmuter should be added to the game. cooking your own artefacts is totally cool. but this should be done with caution as some of the new artefacts clash with the originals.

Dude017
Scavenger

Postby Dude017 » 25 Jul 2016, 17:27

Please, make a offline A-Life simulation. For example like it was in AMK. It was so satisfying, when something happens on different locations without player's presence on them. +Dynamic news update for it.
Pretty shame, events happens only on the same location where player is.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 25 Jul 2016, 19:04

Steve2000 wrote:Good point, HostisPublicus. Although I have never been to jupiter yet.
I manually edited some artefacts to be able to carry more weight. when the zone is so big, and cars can't be parted over, you have to improvise.
I edited the droplets artefact to give me +50kg.
I think there should be a more suitable artefact.
here's the rest of my suggestions.

29. The NPCS should have a move command. to make them get out of your way particularly around door ways.
30. The NPC on the search and rescue mission stays with you after the mission is complete. there is no way to dismiss him.
The reward fro the search and rescue mission is terrible at 3000. it should be more considering the effort it takes to do the mission.
31. some of the artefacts should have weight additions. since the zone is so big. 50kg is not enough for the inventory.
32. the AMK transmuter should be added to the game. cooking your own artefacts is totally cool. but this should be done with caution as some of the new artefacts clash with the originals.

They have a move command. You hold and release numpad3. You can change the bindings in axr_options.ini
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 25 Jul 2016, 19:40

I edited the move commands, everything is fine now...

a few more suggestions that I can think of.

33. It would be nice to make some of the generic stalkers in the zone your friend, maybe by donating some vodka or something?
and then they should agree to join you (like as a squad) I know this mechanism is already in the game, but you cannot use it with the generic NPC's

34. Since the zone is so big, and the vehicles won't be able to travel across maps, what about a fast travel feature? either by paying a guide or something - or a teleporter?

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 26 Jul 2016, 10:14

HostisPublicus wrote:Hi, there is another proposal:
http://radikal.ru/big/1863a61cf8c84f93a1248954eb656fd5 (screen 1)
http://radikal.ru/big/34a4be9f9e5f4ec68de4e43e9d8302e3 (screen 2)
It is illogical that the transition point in the Red Forest to be just at Jupiter plant. Too much concentration of transitions in one place. The closest point to the Red Forest located near a gate of Container Warehouse.
And there is the base of bandits. This explains the unpopularity of this way from stalkers and military outpost in the Red Forest.

This place in your proposal is the place for a bandit base in vanilla COP, and a bandit respawn place/bandit camp in CoC. It's not better than make the actor start near the other bandit group.
CoC is a modders resource in the first place, and if someone decides to make here a camp for whatever faction, it may interfere with the actor spawn point.
But, i will reposition the Jupiter - Red Forest actor start and level changer somewhere nearby, to western part of Jupiter.
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

HostisPublicus
Scavenger

Postby HostisPublicus » 26 Jul 2016, 11:28

Bangalore wrote:This place in your proposal is the place for a bandit base in vanilla COP, and a bandit respawn place/bandit camp in CoC.

That's right, in this sense. Containers is a great place for an ambush on loners and other stalkers. It is "unsafe way", Jupiter and Zaton on loners is small and mostly veterans.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 26 Jul 2016, 17:32

just an update on my list....

35. After turning of the brainscorcher in x19- there is no door to leave the place. you have to backtrack through the whole lab.
Consider making a transistion to Yantar or something with the door (in the same room.)

I'm finding it really hard to find any faults in this game!

One confusing thing with the whole of stalker however, is that you turn off the Psi Emitter first, and then the brain scorcher in lab x19.
I think this should be made more clear in the dialogues.

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 27 Jul 2016, 23:00

one more.
36. Beard sometimes tells you the emission is over, before its actually over. I got killed a few times this way.
This happens in Jupiter and Zaton. (at least)

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 30 Jul 2016, 16:27

Selfish request: I think a lot of people would appreciate a generated infographic image of all the stats they got on their ironman save when they died.

Example stats:
Money made
stalkers killed
locations reached
weapons used
Favorite weapon
damage taken
Artifacts sold
Knife kills
headshots
shots fired
weapon jams
Etc..

here for reference
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 04 Aug 2016, 18:40

Just a sugggestion for the website.

Can we have a crash report thread?

It would help tidy up the forum.

as for my game suggestions here goes...

37. The ladders in the Sarcofagus don't flow properly. the animation is choppy.
38. I do NOT agree with adding mutants to the labs. Many modders may want to place mercs in there and will be forced to remove the mutant spawns if they wish to do that. I don't know if removing the mutant spawns is easy, but it's irrelevant since adding spawns means you are moving away from the original idea of a base mod. It would be far better to add alife, into trucks cemetery or pripyat outskirts, since these areas are sparsely populated.

39. the scope for the Steyg Auyr A1 does not work correctly with night vision. this is with AO 4.4 and a yellow modified (upgraded) scope.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 04 Aug 2016, 19:23

Steve2000 wrote:Just a sugggestion for the website.

Can we have a crash report thread?

It would help tidy up the forum.

as for my game suggestions here goes...

37. The ladders in the Sarcofagus don't flow properly. the animation is choppy.
38. I do NOT agree with adding mutants to the labs. Many modders may want to place mercs in there and will be forced to remove the mutant spawns if they wish to do that. I don't know if removing the mutant spawns is easy, but it's irrelevant since adding spawns means you are moving away from the original idea of a base mod. It would be far better to add alife, into trucks cemetery or pripyat outskirts, since these areas are sparsely populated.

39. the scope for the Steyg Auyr A1 does not work correctly with night vision. this is with AO 4.4 and a yellow modified (upgraded) scope.

38. That is our original reason for leaving them empty. But almost everyone complained about it, even reviewed the mod poorly on this reason alone and I think you are the first one to defend the decision. If a modder knows how to add new spawns then they should know how to remove them.

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 05 Aug 2016, 02:17

Steve2000 wrote:37. The ladders in the Sarcofagus don't flow properly. the animation is choppy.

Sorry, but what? Could you explain it better?
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

Dude017
Scavenger

Postby Dude017 » 06 Aug 2016, 16:37

Developers of AMK 2.0 had a lot of awesome ideas back in 2009. One of them:
Traders sometimes gives quests right into dynamic news. Something like "Hey, stalkers, I need a 4 dog tails. Who can do that?". After this kind of message NPCs are trying to do that. Actor can complete this quest too. Reward is for faster stalker.

This concept sounds brilliant for freeplay in CoC.

Al-Mansur
Scavenger

Postby Al-Mansur » 09 Aug 2016, 14:50

I started to play few days ago and really enjoyed to play your mod. But I have 2 things that annoyed me:
1)No artefact detector in start inventory. No artecfact detectors on trade.
Stalkers went into the Zone firstly to find and sell artefacts,not to kill enemies and sell their equipment,not to kill mutants and sell their meat and eyes. Therefore artefact detector must be in start inventory, and better detectors must be in trade (maybe at higher price than in original).
2)I saw spawn of NPCs and mutants right in front of me! This really ruin atmosphere of game. I think that NPCs and mutants mustn't spawn in smart-terrain that player stay.
Thanks for attention and your mod)

MariusLecter
Scavenger

Postby MariusLecter » 11 Aug 2016, 14:14

Artefact detectors are not readily available outside the Zone. There are starting loadouts that have Echo detector though at the cost of other inventory items.

Return to “General Discussion”