Suggestions Thread

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 10 Jun 2016, 06:42

One question : The third person view has been made playable, that's cool. Have the animations been reworked or are they going to be reworked ? I mean, it's a fact that stalkers seem a little dumb when they run, for example.

xenomorf
Scavenger

Postby xenomorf » 10 Jun 2016, 07:27

Ranking like in SoC will be nice :)
Also npcs should be able to increase their rank(ie. by killing things).

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 10 Jun 2016, 07:34

I can't remember the differences between ranking in CoC and ranking in SoC... what do you mean ?

xenomorf
Scavenger

Postby xenomorf » 10 Jun 2016, 07:49

In the PDA was toplist of greatest stalkers in the zone, as i remember.

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 10 Jun 2016, 07:53

Ok, right. It would be fully relevant with evolving NPCs, yes. And... what if NPCs were able to turn the brain scorcher off ? ;)

Noxx
Scavenger

Postby Noxx » 10 Jun 2016, 09:40

Zealot_Komputer wrote:Ok, right. It would be fully relevant with evolving NPCs, yes. And... what if NPCs were able to turn the brain scorcher off ? ;)

After turning off the brain scorcher, the npc will run to npp to find the wish granter. Whatever he'll choose, will affect you.

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 10 Jun 2016, 10:18

I've read that GSC had planned to introduce such a thing in the original game (NPCs able to finish the game before the player), but it was too... er... complicated.

VodkaChicken
Scavenger

Postby VodkaChicken » 11 Jun 2016, 10:57

Hello

Some ideas:
- Ability to preview task rewards before accepting them
- Ability to find stash coordinates from dead bodies
- Replace the military leather jacket with soldier uniform (http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Soldier_uniform)
- Rework the top of the global map. SoC Pripyat being way larger than CoP maps looks really odd. Maybe something like https://i.imgur.com/eflAaOw.jpg

Edit: Forget that last one. The map in the chat looks great.

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 11 Jun 2016, 11:13

You can already find stashes coordinates on dead bodies.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 11 Jun 2016, 22:58

Quest rewards are sort of random, so it's impossible unless they were all made static.

One question : The third person view has been made playable, that's cool. Have the animations been reworked or are they going to be reworked ? I mean, it's a fact that stalkers seem a little dumb when they run, for example.

We never had an animator or modeller on the team. Team only consists of a couple LE and SDK veterans, one script/engine veteran and texture artist/script novice. This is why CoC mainly consists of gameplay changes and not visual/graphical enhancements.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 12 Jun 2016, 02:19

What about replacing every unarmed animations by the ones used when a knife is equipped ?
They're not the best animations in the world, but they are still a lot better than the base pinguin-like walking/running ones. Moreover, it doesn't require as much work as creating all new animations from scratch !
Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.

Noxx
Scavenger

Postby Noxx » 12 Jun 2016, 06:08

Stalker1994 wrote:What about replacing every unarmed animations by the ones used when a knife is equipped ?
They're not the best animations in the world, but they are still a lot better than the base pinguin-like walking/running ones. Moreover, it doesn't require as much work as creating all new animations from scratch !

Would be better to use the npc's holster/running/sprinting animations. Should look good to see your weapon in your back like npcs and the movement animation is alright.
If i think about it, third person model of each character you choose to be (taking in consideration armor you wear too) is used by npc also, right? Just need to find a way to make npc's animations work when in 1st person view (self shadow follows 3rd person movement) and 3rd person view.

VodkaChicken
Scavenger

Postby VodkaChicken » 12 Jun 2016, 10:54

Zealot_Komputer wrote:You can already find stashes coordinates on dead bodies.

Really? I've only found stash coordinates from surrending enemies.

HostisPublicus
Scavenger

Postby HostisPublicus » 19 Jun 2016, 05:44

Hellо guys, there is a proposal to add a few more detectors in the gameplay.
Adding their need in the slot for artifacts, if it is technically feasible.
All these detectors are already there, but they have a built-in (sound files).
I suggest to buy and sell them in the game, activating the script sounds.
Radiometer as a radiation detector (geiger_1-8.ogg).
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/DA-2_detector
The real prototype: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Радиометр_«Припять»_РКС-20.03
УДА-14a as an anomaly detector (da-2_beep1.ogg).
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/UDA-14a_u ... y_detector
ДЖФ-5 as a detector of life forms (contact_1-8.ogg).
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/D%C5%BBF- ... m_detector

In Duty, Freedom, soldiers, mercenaries, Monolith and bandits, whose task is not included search of artifacts for sale have radiation detectors, anomalies and NPCs. In stalkers, scientists and Clear Sky for sale has detectors artifacts .
Exception - Sidorovich, he has all the detectors.
In this archive models and texture:
http://dropmefiles.com/WpP2n - fix

Еxcuse my bad english. :D

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 19 Jun 2016, 16:06

Do these actually work in-game, from the old builds?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

VodkaChicken
Scavenger

Postby VodkaChicken » 19 Jun 2016, 18:42

This seems to be an unpopular opinion but mutant and npc spawns are way too high in my opinion. Some maps like Garbage and Agroprom are consant warzones. It often feels like I'm playing AMK on steroids or a Serious Sam game :P. That kind of spawns should be left for Warfare imo.

Making blind dogs, cats and fleshes less agressive and more cowardly like they were in SoC (I think) would be great. Blind dogs are fucking terminators right now since they come after you if they are in the same solar system as you and they can propel themselves at mach 1 right into your face.

Also, is it possible to add standart looting interface for mutant looting?
Last edited by VodkaChicken on 23 Jun 2016, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 20 Jun 2016, 02:24

I agree with VodkaChicken regarding spawns and aggressiveness. Sometimes, things get really mad when you are on certain levels !

Also, here are three personnal suggestions:

- Make the new questline optionnal. It is good as far as I can tell, but starting the game with an active quest wich lead to other quests is annoying for someone who don't want to do them...

- Make underground spawns dynamic right from the start. Set spawns from previous games are rather disturbing, in my opinion...

- Remove all cutscenes from previous games, as the one that plays when you disable the Brain Scorcher.
Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.

xmadragex
Scavenger

Postby xmadragex » 20 Jun 2016, 08:15

add items like what misery as for the artifact slot, item that add armor, or impact protection, weight add, thing like that with negative effect like metalic plate for armor slot can have eletric debuff, and added pack or pouches that increase weight but make ya more slugish or drain your energy, thing non artifact related

also able to carry pass your weight limit but prevents you from sprinting and also slows ya down pass some amout you cant move

and more into sleep like cant sleep during or start of a emission, say ya go to bed at 9pm and ya select say 8am inbetween emission that was suppose to start is delayed until player wakes then start emission but 1m to 15m to keep it unexpected and random kinda yes like misery hehehe

Dude017
Scavenger

Postby Dude017 » 11 Jul 2016, 12:47

Hey guys. Many thanks for the mod, it really feels pretty fun to play it. I guess here I can share my suggestions and thoughts with you :

1) NPCs taking quests and talking about it in dynamic news.
2) TOP 20 ranking system like in SoC and NPCs ranking up. Ability to scroll full list would be awesome.
3) NPCs trying to complete main quest like player, like it was described in old SoC desdocs (with very small chance to success. Would be awesome to find some dead bodies of stalkers on the Radar, Pripyat, etc...).
4) NPCs taking quests and talking about it in dynamic news.
5) There are too many dogs/boars and so little amount of strong mutants even at north locations like Pripyat. Do you planning any changes in this situation?

And a must have change, imho:
6) What about give controllers ability to zombifie NPCs?
Because controllers are pretty powerless against anybody. It looks ridiculous when one of them trying to attack the Bar or another stalker's camp :D

Return to “General Discussion”