Scavenger

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby luppolo » 10 Jun 2017, 13:54

that was a joke, the challenge being killing npc that have yet to spawn

fellow
Scavenger

Postby fellow » 15 Jun 2017, 20:04

Hello i have a question in regard of a npc action/animation, when you try to talk with a friendly/neutral npc with your weapon in sight after a few tries you get that shove animation, which also happens with hostile enemies, if you're close they will use it and make your visual shake and possibly drops your gun? (i can't confirm because i can't remember) do you think it would be ok to make the player be able to use it? Or would it be too painful to code and not worth it?

Kage
Scavenger

Postby Kage » 10 Jul 2017, 19:20

:idea: [IDEA/SUGGESTION]
:( -Sorry my bad English-
Greetings! I have an idea associated with companions. You can add the opportunity to tell them "Let's have a rest here" and if there is a nearby fire, about 10 meters, then they will go and sit next to him, they will tell jokes and play the guitar. If the fire is not around, the companion should say: "There is nowhere to rest. Let's search better? ". After the partners sit down you can say "All get up, let's go further" and they will stop their rest at the fire and move to a standing position. And also what they could say when they are not busy ('idle' folder). Companions can be marked on the map by the player's icon, twice smaller
and yellow(like player stash ).Image

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 22 Jul 2017, 22:28

Hi all,

I've been playing COC with STCOP weapons mods and warfare.
I can tell you that this game is amazing it has no CTD's and the warfare is a hugh game!!!

I did have some issues though, When I entered AW I came across an epic fight between Duty, Monolith, Freedom AND Mercenaries.

This epic battle was amazing, I faught against a minimum of 50 Monolith, and so far I have to back off becuase the fight gets so intense.

However, I also expereinced lag. A lot of lag. the game holds up and does crash, which is a good thing.

But what it means, is that the game ha been perfected... so what next?

It seems the only thing that can fix these issues is a 64 bit engine, would you guys consider it?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Jul 2017, 16:04

Updating engine to x64 is a lot of work and requires some expertise which we do not have. This is something that probably won't happen unless someone else does. I will list some of the obstacles to overcome in migrating the source code to x64:

1. Xray uses a lot of outdated third-party libraries that are not available in x64. Either these would need to be manually updated or substitutes would need to be found.
2. Xray uses it's own custom memory allocator that does some weird things, like padding everything with unused 16 bytes.
3. Xray uses a lot of "magic numbers" that assume x86 instead of using sizeof(x) and letting the compiler handle it. It would take a lot of time to scour the code looking for these and fixing them.
4. LuaJIT can only handle 32-bit memory addresses. Base lua can, but it should not even be considered an option to not use LuaJIT as it is far faster.

Ray of Hope team claim they have x64 Xray. But they gutted the engine.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Steve2000
Scavenger

Postby Steve2000 » 31 Jul 2017, 14:16

Thank you for the insight Alundio. I was not aware of the exhaustive work that would be required.

It seems the best way to do it would be to have a team working on it. and to allocate out each individual task to people who could do it (and also those willing enough to do it).

I have heard and read about the Ray of Hope team. There is no evidence that it is definately 64bit, but rather a re-work of how the engine operates.

I belive they only load in the level and objects as far as the player can see. So its kinda like a 3d scrolling world.

That may work, but I wonder if it will leave the age old problems of the memory issues, expecially when somonne tries to drop 1000 vogs from the backpack...

I heard the developers at Stalkersoup also intended to make the game 64 bit. From what I gether, this included integrating a 64bit LUA language.

AIMts
Scavenger

Postby AIMts » 01 Aug 2017, 17:29

An option to disable automatic reloading for all weapons. Maybe some people would be annoyed by this when it comes to weapons with 1-2 round magazines, so perhaps another option to exclude those weapons from this behaviour (maybe based on a list file or an entry in the weapon's LTX file).

Display the full weight of stacks of items, with the individual weight of each item in next to it, this would be particularly useful in managing ammo, but also supplies. Maybe a useful addition to this would be to show the weight of weapons without ammo, and also show the weight of the ammo loaded into them next to it.

Showing fire rate as a text value, since it would be far more useful. This should probably also extended to modifications perhaps showing both absolute values as well as the amount of percentage added to the last known fire rate (thus taking into account all previously performed modifications that might affect rate of fire).

When writing a stash name, the game should not issue commands to companions if typing keys associated with that, though I'm not sure if this should be considered a bug.

Adding the ability to give power draw to various items, allowing the use of batteries (or maybe a UPD or something). Perhaps a useful addition would be a power consumption surge when powering it on, discouraging turning it on or off too much, further increasing the managment aspects.

Maybe adding the ability to change your flashlight, like you can now with knives and binoculars. Possibly a nice little room for progression here to be added by mods. That's if the how the beam looks and how powerful it is can be changed. Maybe reduce the intensity of the beam based on how much battery is left. To be less annoying it should probably only start getting weaker when it's at half battery level.

The ability to show distance to target in scopes.

Reporting current ammo (and perhaps its type) left in magazine which would be nice for those playing rather HUD-less, for example like:
Mag. size: 17/30

Not showing the efficiency value for artifacts if degradation is disabled.

Perhaps adding a more detailed way to report how irradiated you are. Maybe a color coded progress bar.

Showing the effect a silencer has on your fire power (velocity, damage, power, whatnot).

Reporting how much satiety a food restores based on percentage (which as far as I can tell is how the game interprets it), since the +X value isn't all that intuitivite.

Adding some sort of extra info when looking at ammo, helping to understand how much damage it does depending on the type of ammo and target.

EDIT: Adding the ability to send a weapon to a slot by pressing the key (1 or 2 or whatever you remap) while hovering your cursor over any relevant weapon. I guess this also applies to knives. This way you can still hide your weapon inside the inventory if it's the cursor not over a weapon.

Adding more hotkeys for consumables.

EDIT 2 (a few days later): Having an option to ignore control_inertion_factor for weapons and armor. It know it can be modded out, but I think good and predictable mouse accuracy is far more important and an option in the menu for this would be useful.

Thank you.
Last edited by AIMts on 05 Aug 2017, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 05 Aug 2017, 04:18

Here are some more minor suggestions from me:

- An all new icon, looking closer to the originals. According to me, the current one does not do the mod justice...

- Dynamic underground spawns right from the start.

- Original radio songs, for the sake of nostalgia !

- Izloms should be made less aggresive to match their somewhat goofy appearance, as well as their description in the Wiki. I kinda like those guys, and it makes me sad when they attack me on sight...

- Karliks are waaay too resistant. I know they are supposed to be strong but, right now, they are just ridiculously hard to kill !
Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.

Lateee
Scavenger

Postby Lateee » 05 Aug 2017, 14:04

Outfits seem cost a bit too much compared to weapons. Simple "Sunrise" suit costs 30000 rubles, while TOZ 34 for example costs 3000 rubles, I'm not even talking about trying to get money by selling weapons, they cost almost nothing. Is that normal? If yes, then sorry for bringing it up lol

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 05 Aug 2017, 14:09

Lateee wrote:Outfits seem cost a bit too much compared to weapons. Simple "Sunrise" suit costs 30000 rubles, while TOZ 34 for example costs 3000 rubles, I'm not even talking about trying to get money by selling weapons, they cost almost nothing. Is that normal? If yes, then sorry for bringing it up lol

It's the only item in the game that can't be looted, so it's the only reasonable item to turn into a money sink.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 05 Aug 2017, 14:10

Stalker1994 wrote:Here are some more minor suggestions from me:

- An all new icon, looking closer to the originals. According to me, the current one does not do the mod justice...

- Dynamic underground spawns right from the start.

- Original radio songs, for the sake of nostalgia !

- Izloms should be made less aggresive to match their somewhat goofy appearance, as well as their description in the Wiki. I kinda like those guys, and it makes me sad when they attack me on sight...

- Karliks are waaay too resistant. I know they are supposed to be strong but, right now, they are just ridiculously hard to kill !

They have burer shield ability. So just like burers they are easy to kill with knife.

CoP hid Explosion and Strike damage properties on outfits, even though it was there. These are new icons. The only existing icon that was changed was for wound (not to be confused with fire_wound). wound damage type is done by mutants, hence the new claw icon.

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 06 Aug 2017, 01:57

Alundaio wrote:They have burer shield ability. So just like burers they are easy to kill with knife.

CoP hid Explosion and Strike damage properties on outfits, even though it was there. These are new icons. The only existing icon that was changed was for wound (not to be confused with fire_wound). wound damage type is done by mutants, hence the new claw icon.

My bad... I was talking about the desktop icon, not the ones found ingame (which are perfect). I find the current one a little too "clean" for a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game. That's just a detail, anyway...

Concerning Karliks, don't they tend to overuse that shield ability ? I may be wrong, but they seem to use it more frequently than Burers. I'm aware of the knife trick, but NPCs struggle really bad against them...
Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.

Lateee
Scavenger

Postby Lateee » 08 Aug 2017, 08:09

Have you thought about adding medics to other factions? I mean I can sorta see why nobody would want to be a medic for free in Bandit faction, but Military base not having any medics seems weird.

Also it would be awesome if it was possible to turn off phantoms, because it's super annoying to stay around them. They take a lot of bullets to kill, for no reason your health gets lower when they get to you (it's just a phantom!) and you can't ignore them because they always make annoying sounds. If there was a button or anything what could delete them from the game - it would be awesome.

Modder-G
Scavenger

Postby Modder-G » 08 Aug 2017, 17:04

I have been playing v1.422 and now some v1.5Beta.

In v1.4.22 my economy was based on:
1) Selling rare mutant parts and surplus artifacts to traders
2) Selling damaged weapons to NPCs when they ask for one, preferably the more expensive weapons.

In v1.5 so far option one is out, because I cannot find anything with the Echo detector and mutant parts are worth nothing. Only the occasional scientist request for mutant parts is worth it. So what is left:
2) Selling damaged weapons to NPCs when they ask for one, preferably the more expensive weapons.
So I am trying the other types of random NPC missions in the hope if economical ones. But generally I feel like these missions are a bad deal. The NPC does not state precisely what you get for it until after it is done (who ever agrees to that in real life?). When they offer items instead of money; it is something I don't need. Also some mission rewards are so little that a few bullets fired have ruined the profit.

Progress has been much slower compared to 1.4.22, and I think that is fine. Because in 1.422 the economy is a little easy, and I got to upgrading weapons I don't even use. But money in v1.5 is for 80% determined by selling damaged weapons to NPCs. And the other random missions I often consider zero-profit. Would it be an idea to balance it better and give a reward estimation beforehand?

Lateee
Scavenger

Postby Lateee » 10 Aug 2017, 18:48

What do you think about adding some place for getting money as a hunter? To become like Gonta, Trapper - hunt down mutants and sell parts? Because right now hunting is nowhere near profitable, because you will probably spend more on repairs and ammo for your shotguns than you will get from selling parts. Unless you kill dogs, boars, fleshes and pseudodogs with a knife there is really no reason to spend time on them unless they attack you first.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 11 Aug 2017, 17:49

Cooking mutant meat is a good way to get money, now. And still saving parts and turning them in for Scientist quests is still okay. But I could probably turn Trapper into a trader to buy only mutant stuff at a better rate.

The economy in CoC was shifted to a more long term one. You used to be able to sell artifacts and mutant parts and get exo within the first 15 minutes of playing. With how shitty and useless item design is and has always been in Stalker, I decided the best thing to do is to jack up the price of outfits (since they are the only reasonable item in the game to turn into a sink) and reduce income. You'll feel more rewarded when you can afford things, and can make your own goals towards better gear.

You aren't just getting RU when you do tasks. You are gaining faction goodwill and a random chance for a marked stash. Marked stashes have a generously increased chance for upgrade toolkits.

There are technical reasons why rewards and other things aren't stated beforehand. The system used by a majority of the quests are dynamic, they can change even as you are speaking with the task giver. Each task would have to be hand-crafted to tell you what the reward was, and then it would be even more noticeably repetitious. Like for example in DrX quest mod, most of the rewards are finite. The same quests give the same rewards every single time and the dialog is handcrafted to specifically tell you that the npc is going to give you his weapon, or whatever it is.

It would be possible to predetermine the rewards beforehand, then the system could be coded to tell you what you will get. But that would require some effort. The main focus is fixing issues and bugs; anything additional is most likely something that didn't take much time.

Modder-G
Scavenger

Postby Modder-G » 11 Aug 2017, 18:55

Thanks for the explanation. I only play (and read about) Stalker CoP and CoC since this summer, so probably quite a few things and tactics I am not yet familiar with. I wil try the mutant meat cooking.

What I tried to say about the random NPC quest RU balance. Some small quest give a mere 100RU. But Selling a SGI-5k nearly 10000. An SVD 22000, RP-74 30000 (300 times more RU!)!. Lab X-16 docs 25000. And you even get stash locations for these sales (and maybe faction goodwill, I am not sure what that means). I was suggesting to lower these weapon rewards a little, and adding a little RU to all the other random quest rewards.

I understand what you say about limitations regarding rewards that are decided randomly at a later point. Indeed it may be better to not tell the player anything instead of "it will be between 100 and 500 RU and + between 10 and 30 rounds of random Assault rifle ammo, less in case of shotgun shells" which is not very believable of course.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 11 Aug 2017, 19:07

Modder-G wrote:Thanks for the explanation. I only play (and read about) Stalker CoP and CoC since this summer, so probably quite a few things and tactics I am not yet familiar with. I wil try the mutant meat cooking.

What I tried to say about the random NPC quest RU balance. Some small quest give a mere 100RU. But Selling a SGI-5k nearly 10000. An SVD 22000, RP-74 30000 (300 times more RU!)!. Lab X-16 docs 25000. And you even get stash locations for these sales (and maybe faction goodwill, I am not sure what that means). I was suggesting to lower these weapon rewards a little, and adding a little RU to all the other random quest rewards.

I understand what you say about limitations regarding rewards that are decided randomly at a later point. Indeed it may be better to not tell the player anything instead of "it will be between 100 and 500 RU and + between 10 and 30 rounds of random Assault rifle ammo, less in case of shotgun shells" which is not very believable of course.

Yeah they might probably be too good of rewards. I could possibly randomize the weapon's condition, so that you don't always get a 100% condition weapon to sell, maybe between 60-90%. Some cash rewards could be bumped up on some tasks.

Modder-G
Scavenger

Postby Modder-G » 11 Aug 2017, 19:33

I don't understand you? when an NPC says "I am really looking for *rifle name*, I 'll make it worth your while". Then you can give him 40% condition RP-74 and get 30000. Does the condition even matter for this? I always give them the most broken weapon I have in my stash.

Edit: sorry I think that is just what you were saying: to make the reward dependant on the condition.
Last edited by Modder-G on 11 Aug 2017, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 11 Aug 2017, 19:42

Modder-G wrote:I don't understand you? when an NPC says "I am really looking for *rifle name*, I 'll make it worth your while". Then you can give him 40% condition RP-74 and get 30000. Does the condition even matter for this? I always give them the most broken weapon I have in my stash.

You said "selling" which made me think you were selling the rewarded weapons from certain tasks.

The reward for the the weapon fetch task is 1.5 the value of the weapon. That can be easily reduced to something like 1.1

Return to “General Discussion”