Suggestions Thread

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Diegtiarov » 02 Feb 2017, 15:58

Any chances that you add some script to prevent NPCs from extensive looting?

I mean that if NPC ~= trader then it has limited max weight, let's say down to 50 kilos. Sometimes I find corpses with 140+kg load which isn't very reasonable.

theharkonnen
Scavenger

Postby theharkonnen » 06 Feb 2017, 18:43

Any chance the point requirements for ranks gets increased?

I was thinking that perhaps 50,000 would be good for legend.

Jaxemont
Scavenger

Postby Jaxemont » 07 Feb 2017, 14:02

A common issue people run into is getting stuck in the scientist bunker doors when they have companions holding one door open. I found the four files that control the door locking mechanics and changed a few lines.

gamedata\configs\scripts\jupiter\jup_b41_ph_door_inner.ltx
gamedata\configs\scripts\jupiter\jup_b41_ph_door_outer.ltx
gamedata\configs\scripts\yantar\yan_smart_terrain_6_4_ph_door_inner.ltx
gamedata\configs\scripts\yantar\yan_smart_terrain_6_4_ph_door_outer.ltx

In the four .ltx files I basically removed the %conditionals in the on_use line. I also changed on_info2 from ph_door@locked to ph_door@closed. This made it so that you can open each door independent of the other being open. The exception being the yantar inner door which seems to be a bit buggy in closing, but you can push yourself through.

Here's an example of one of jup_b41_ph_door_inner.ltx. I can provide my files if you want.

[logic]
active = ph_door@closed

[ph_door@closed]
closed = true
locked = false
on_use = ph_door@open ;%+jup_b41_inner_door_open%
on_info2 = {+jup_b41_outer_door_open} ph_door@closed %-jup_b41_inner_door_open%
snd_open_start = trader_door_open_start
snd_close_start = trader_door_close_start
snd_close_stop = trader_door_close_stop

[ph_door@open]
closed = false
locked = false
on_use = ph_door@closed ;%-jup_b41_inner_door_open%
on_info2 = {!surge_started +jup_b41_outer_door_open} ph_door@closed %-jup_b41_inner_door_open%
on_game_timer = 40 | ph_door@closed %-jup_b41_inner_door_open%

[ph_door@locked]
closed = true
locked = true
unlock_for_npc = true
on_info = {-jup_b41_outer_door_open} ph_door@closed
on_game_timer = 40 | ph_door@closed
snd_open_start = trader_door_locked
tip_open = st_jup_b41_door_locked

[ph_door@locked_alarm]
closed = true
locked = true
unlock_for_npc = true
tip_open = tip_door_closed_hide_weapon

[ph_door@locked_base_alarm]
closed = true
locked = true
unlock_for_npc = true
tip_open = tip_door_closed_base_alarm

[ph_door@surge]
closed = false
locked = false

Kimikim
Scavenger

Postby Kimikim » 16 Feb 2017, 14:54

In sim_squad_scripted.script, could it be changed so that "self.__check_time" is set before the "squad_on_update"-callback is called? I'd like to change the variable in said callback.

While I'm at it, how about implementing queue-based alife updates? ie. not time-based, but rather "X squads updated per frame; next X squads updated next frame; ...". Although there is never (by default) a situation where all alife squads are active at the same time, it would give a uniform workload due to squad updates, while at the same time making updates faster overall.

Also, a callback for squads arriving at/leaving SMARTs and levels would be great.

Yuri Kozlov
Scavenger

Postby Yuri Kozlov » 16 Feb 2017, 15:07

I don't suppose you could make the CS-3a Concept Version (The one the NPCs use) available as a side grade to the existing CS-3s?
It's the one with the tactical "apron" look to it. I always thought that looked pretty cool. And when I mean "side grade" I mean the same way you did with the CS-3A and the 3B models. Perhaps a 3C. So far I'm really enjoying this mod with the STCOPWP, OA, and some misc addons.
Last edited by Yuri Kozlov on 16 Feb 2017, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 16 Feb 2017, 15:25

Kimikim wrote:In sim_squad_scripted.script, could it be changed so that "self.__check_time" is set before the "squad_on_update"-callback is called? I'd like to change the variable in said callback.

While I'm at it, how about implementing queue-based alife updates? ie. not time-based, but rather "X squads updated per frame; next X squads updated next frame; ...". Although there is never (by default) a situation where all alife squads are active at the same time, it would give a uniform workload due to squad updates, while at the same time making updates faster overall.

Also, a callback for squads arriving at/leaving SMARTs and levels would be great.

That's how updating works engine side for all server entities depending on how objects_per_update are set in alife.ltx. The timer is more or less there to just skew it so that further away squads don't update as often, when they actually do get their turn to update. Honestly this timer update probably isn't needed anymore, maybe if DEACTIVATE_SIM_ON_NON_LINKED_LEVELS = false it would still be needed. There used to be a serious FPS drop with squads updating but I think this problem was fixed, when I realized it was caused by squads that can't find targets and were triggering SIMBOARD:get_squad_target(self) too often. In one of the recent updates I changed it so they don't try to update again (using self.__lock) if they can't find a target, in which I saw an improvement to FPS. This is okay to disable them, because if they checked again there is most likely too many spawned squads for them to even find an open job. If they happen to come online I wrote xr_reach_task.script to handle squads that don't have jobs, so they'll look like they are just looking around, rather then the scheme motivating them to move to target smart.

I'll look into adding the new callbacks.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Kimikim
Scavenger

Postby Kimikim » 20 Feb 2017, 13:20

Here are some less technical suggestions;

A) Add a mode where wildlife only respawns at the edges of levels.
B) Add a mode where (non-army, non-mercenary) squads only spawn at entrances into the zone.
C) Make it possible for squads to enter underground levels and set up camp at SMARTs.
D) Make a mode where the inner zone is unoccupied by humans at the beginning of the game, even major bases. A "first settlers"-mode.

Dutch
Scavenger

Postby Dutch » 21 Feb 2017, 06:07

Hello!
I've been a STALKER fan even since SoC came out, and when I saw this mod win MOTY2016 I even rebought CoP (old CD broke) just to play it. I'm having a blast! But I also have some suggestions about little things that bothered me.

Shouldn't Duty and Clear Sky be enemies? I believe Clear Sky was in-part responsible for the creation of the zone (well, some of their leaders were) according to the Stalker wiki. I find it hard to accept that Duty would tolerate such a faction, even if they are scientific, considering Clear Sky's background. Additionally, it could balance out Duty/Freedom a bit as Freedom would have a better equipped ally to fight the powerful Duty/Military group. (Freedom also has bandits as additional allies, but I've yet to see them win any fight and they're surely no match for most Military patrols).
Would it be possible to open story-line closed doors if storymode is not active? I got to Pripyat yesterday, hoping I could perhaps use Strelok's hotel room as a hide-out. Sadly, the door was locked and I'm not in storyline mode, so I'm not sure if I can open it. It would be nice if these sort of doors are opened.
Better equipped STALKERs north of Radar? Many of the bandits I've encountered in Jupiter were still using the same poor loadouts as the rest of the Bandits in Garbage. I was wondering if it is possible to bump them up to wear more powerful armor and weapons, considering they got that far into the zone.
(Slight) increase in population of either mutants or STALKERs north of Radar possible? The CoP maps feel fairly empty in comparison to the SoC and Clear Sky maps, which boast healthy populations of both mutants and STALKERs. I admit I'm running the Desolation add-on from Dr. X, but the other maps don't seem as empty as the CoP ones. If the emptiness of the CoP maps is a result of this add-on, then this point is entirely my fault.
Is it possible to add a "deposit all" function for item stacks? I've had to move a large amount of weapons and ammo from one stash to another for some sorting. It was fairly tedious to have to click things like grenades and medkits 30-40+ times to move them all over one-by-one. I was wondering if it was possible to add a "move all" sort of drop-down menu?

Despite some of my minor pet peeves, I love this mod, and it's currently the only single-player game I play. These suggestions were merely things I thought could be improved upon to make it even better.
(On a very, very minor note: I saw a comment elsewhere in this thread that mentioned Ukraine should use Euros instead of Rubbles. This is false, Ukraine is not part of the EU or Euro and has its own currency, Hryvnia).

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Feb 2017, 18:12

Dutch wrote:Hello!
I've been a STALKER fan even since SoC came out, and when I saw this mod win MOTY2016 I even rebought CoP (old CD broke) just to play it. I'm having a blast! But I also have some suggestions about little things that bothered me.

Shouldn't Duty and Clear Sky be enemies? I believe Clear Sky was in-part responsible for the creation of the zone (well, some of their leaders were) according to the Stalker wiki. I find it hard to accept that Duty would tolerate such a faction, even if they are scientific, considering Clear Sky's background. Additionally, it could balance out Duty/Freedom a bit as Freedom would have a better equipped ally to fight the powerful Duty/Military group. (Freedom also has bandits as additional allies, but I've yet to see them win any fight and they're surely no match for most Military patrols).

True but Lebedev, one of the scientists responsible (and possibly joined C-Con at end of CSky) is no longer in charge. Csky is trying to study the Zone in order to fix it.

Would it be possible to open story-line closed doors if storymode is not active? I got to Pripyat yesterday, hoping I could perhaps use Strelok's hotel room as a hide-out. Sadly, the door was locked and I'm not in storyline mode, so I'm not sure if I can open it. It would be nice if these sort of doors are opened.

Think in dev patch we already opened up the hotel in free mode.

Better equipped STALKERs north of Radar? Many of the bandits I've encountered in Jupiter were still using the same poor loadouts as the rest of the Bandits in Garbage. I was wondering if it is possible to bump them up to wear more powerful armor and weapons, considering they got that far into the zone.

Loadout system was changed for future patch, but Bandits are always sort of the easy enemy. At least in CoC we have stronger bandits in exos and seva.

(Slight) increase in population of either mutants or STALKERs north of Radar possible? The CoP maps feel fairly empty in comparison to the SoC and Clear Sky maps, which boast healthy populations of both mutants and STALKERs. I admit I'm running the Desolation add-on from Dr. X, but the other maps don't seem as empty as the CoP ones. If the emptiness of the CoP maps is a result of this add-on, then this point is entirely my fault.

CoP maps being empty has more to do with these levels being heavily scripted in vanilla game and nobody on the team really wanted to go through all the logic in Level Editor to rename waypoints to be used by simulation rather then story related npcs.

(On a very, very minor note: I saw a comment elsewhere in this thread that mentioned Ukraine should use Euros instead of Rubbles. This is false, Ukraine is not part of the EU or Euro and has its own currency, Hryvnia).

Ukraine was using Rubles in 1986 and this is alternative reality and seeing how GSC are Ukrainian, they know better. The Zone is full of immigrants from surrounding slavic nations it only makes sense they would use Ruble in the Zone.

Is it possible to add a "deposit all" function for item stacks? I've had to move a large amount of weapons and ammo from one stash to another for some sorting. It was fairly tedious to have to click things like grenades and medkits 30-40+ times to move them all over one-by-one. I was wondering if it was possible to add a "move all" sort of drop-down menu?

Possible, but would require engine change and there are other things at the top of the priority list as far as engine changes go. If I remember and it's easy, I'll do it.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Jack
Scavenger

Postby Jack » 25 Feb 2017, 22:02

Alundaio wrote:
GC_dzbanek 12hours ago
I'd like to ask the creators as well as community abou possible tweaks for faction bases, and my propositions for these:
1. Yanov becoming Loners base, moving Freedom base to Ranger Station in Zaton
2. Changing Agroprom Instutute to be Duty base instead of Military (btw I think it would be cool for Loners in agroprom, since they are neutral with Duty)
3. Making Outskirts Hideout (laundromat) proper base for either Loners or Duty (with trader/mechanic/both)
4. Moving Bandits base in Dead City to School (so that neither Bandits nor Mercs will have to shoot each other right from their main base)
What do You think about these points?

ReplyDeleteGood karmaBad karma+1 vote
:Jack
:Jack 11hours ago
I agree that most of those places have some serious problems.

1. Yanov station should be loner. Yanov over all should be a bit more populated I guess. Bandits could have a hideout in Jack's base, for example. Duty should definetely have some base in Zaton or Yanov for sure.

2. It wouldnt have much sense to have duty holding two mayor outpost one map apart from each other (rostok - agroprom). Loner-Military bases dont have a direct line of sight anyways, so no problem there.

3. This is a must for sure. Outskirts is completely empty and pointless. Laudromat should be a military/loner base, and some faction (i.e ecolog/mercs) should hold another building there. If the point is to make the Outskirts feel dead and dangerous, maybe bases arent a good idea, but some kind of forward outpost with some stalkers (no trader/mech/etc)

4. This is the point I agree the most. Dead City is an open battlefield, it doesnt even make sense. Every time I visit the place, bandits and mercs are openly shooting at each other non-stop. I had a mission to fetch some stupid thing from the City as a bandit and ended killing the whole merc faction leadership...

Hi, I'm the Jack from ModDB that made that comment. I was browsing the forum when I saw this post in response to another member who suggested similar changes. I just wanted to know if you are considering this kind of changes, or just post it to point out people is already suggesting them?

spikensbror
Scavenger

Postby spikensbror » 01 Apr 2017, 14:14

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but I've been thinking of a sort of "artefact refine" system. Basically, there would be refined and unrefined artefacts. It would work as follows:

Unrefined artefacts are the artefacts gathered from an anomaly by the player. They cannot be equipped and weigh a lot more than the refined variant (~20kg). These have to be taken to some sort of NPC for refinement which pushes the weight down and makes them usable.

Refined artefacts are equippable by the player and have weight like todays artefacts (~1-2kg).

Refinement of artefacts will cost the player a lot of money but will push the value of artefacts up as well. The values of artefacts will require a rebalancing.

That's basically it. Basically to make artefacts more like the empties from roadside picnic without having to weigh down the player too much when equipped.

I will implement this on my own fork and if it sounds interesting we could simply merge it with the necessary adjustments into main.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 01 Apr 2017, 16:33

That's actually a good idea for another money sink, but not sure how players would take such a change.

spikensbror
Scavenger

Postby spikensbror » 01 Apr 2017, 18:03

I'll be making it togglable much like the artefact efficiency system so it won't be forced or even default behavior. In my eyes it's a much needed removal of a huge money pool as well, since artefact hunting gets you a lot of money very few hours into the game.

It would go two ways, players could sink a lot of money into it if they find an artefact they really want or they can sell it off without refining it.

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 03 Apr 2017, 09:43

Some of the lore about artifact refining idea:

What would happen in reality:
- If you spend money on it it's because you're interested in the qualities it has after refinement.
- Therefore, a refined artifact is more valuable than an unrefined artifact.
- So, you can potentially find someone who would pay more for your refined artifact than the money you spent on it.

Unless:
- The real valuable thing in the outside world is the unrefined artifact.
- So, they're charging you a lot for wasting their valuable sale.
- In that case, you can potentially find someone who would pay you a lot for the unrefined artifact.

I've made up this without much tinking. Maybe thinking more deeply my reasonings are not good or are simply incomplete.

But having these two lore options at this state, in either way the only option to dispoe of this money sink depends on having in The Zone only one or two key figures in the smuggling artifact schema. That is: if you happing to transfer any artifact to somebody else in The Zone, you won't make economic profit, only a tiny shit; the only ones that would pay a reasonable amount (let's say the current amounts) would be these one or two brokers. The name that comes automatically to my mind would be Sidorovich, I don't know if putting someone else in a different point in The Zone that would make sense lore-wise, but it would be anyway interesting to have Sidorovich as the only point to sell artifacts, and playing as a bandir you'd have to infiltrate the rookie village to reach him.

spikensbror
Scavenger

Postby spikensbror » 04 Apr 2017, 11:22

Alexfighter wrote:Some of the lore about artifact refining idea:

What would happen in reality:
- If you spend money on it it's because you're interested in the qualities it has after refinement.
- Therefore, a refined artifact is more valuable than an unrefined artifact.
- So, you can potentially find someone who would pay more for your refined artifact than the money you spent on it.

Unless:
- The real valuable thing in the outside world is the unrefined artifact.
- So, they're charging you a lot for wasting their valuable sale.
- In that case, you can potentially find someone who would pay you a lot for the unrefined artifact.

I've made up this without much tinking. Maybe thinking more deeply my reasonings are not good or are simply incomplete.

But having these two lore options at this state, in either way the only option to dispoe of this money sink depends on having in The Zone only one or two key figures in the smuggling artifact schema. That is: if you happing to transfer any artifact to somebody else in The Zone, you won't make economic profit, only a tiny shit; the only ones that would pay a reasonable amount (let's say the current amounts) would be these one or two brokers. The name that comes automatically to my mind would be Sidorovich, I don't know if putting someone else in a different point in The Zone that would make sense lore-wise, but it would be anyway interesting to have Sidorovich as the only point to sell artifacts, and playing as a bandir you'd have to infiltrate the rookie village to reach him.

I have implemented this on my fork of CoC with the following mechanics:

Unrefined:
weight = weight * 10
price = price

Refined:
weight = weight
price = price * 2

The cost of refining an artefact is the artefacts original price. (Bubble == 19000)

I haven't given this too much thought either but I just wanted to throw something in to get it started.

Below are links to the implementation branches if anyone is interested:

https://github.com/spikensbror/CoC-Xray ... act-refine
https://github.com/spikensbror/CoC-Game ... act-refine

Cubicar
Scavenger

Postby Cubicar » 29 May 2017, 10:55

Professional killer or Headhunter or Killer achievement
Requirement: complete 10 tasks on elimination of specific stalkers.
Reward: increased cash for tasks on elimination of specific stalkers.

Eagle eye or Sniper achievement
Requirement: perform 50 headshot kills of stalkers that are at a great distance (500 meters and above). Gauss rifle kills does not count.
Reward: upon sitting player receive lying accuracy boost.

Cubicar
Scavenger

Postby Cubicar » 04 Jun 2017, 03:17

Armory service achievement
Requirement: complete 10 tasks on delivery of specific guns to stalkers.
Reward: traders have higher chances of selling different guns, ammo and addons.

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 04 Jun 2017, 11:53

Cubicar wrote:perform 50 headshot kills of stalkers that are at a great distance (500 meters and above)

Vanilla CoC has switch distance value set at 250 meters.

luppolo
Scavenger

Postby luppolo » 07 Jun 2017, 19:24

Diegtiarov wrote:
Cubicar wrote:perform 50 headshot kills of stalkers that are at a great distance (500 meters and above)

Vanilla CoC has switch distance value set at 250 meters.

that's the challenge!

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 08 Jun 2017, 13:11

Is it? How do you kill Offline AI with your weapon?

Return to “General Discussion”