Suggestions Thread

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Suggestions Thread

Postby Alundaio » 02 Jun 2016, 23:05

This is a thread where anyone can suggest changes to existing features or suggest other features or additions to Call of Chernobyl.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Re: Suggestions Thread

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 08 Jun 2016, 06:11

Hi,

Some suggestions :

Major ones :

1. More hotkeys for companions (in-game, i never use orders such as "keep quiet", cause i have to go through the dialog options).

2. A better "vision distance" for companions, the same as the enemies. Sometimes, in combat, companions can be a pain in the ass, just because they don't "see" the enemy.

3. The ability to know the faction of a target before accepting an assassination task (but, since you can cancel a task, it may not be relevant).

4. Remove the goodwill points among Loners for Sid's assassination task when the target is a Loner. It's a nonsense to kill a Loner, then to gain goodwill points among them.

5. Maybe... i say "maybe", the ability the help an enemy and gain goodwill points that will progressively lead to be neutral with a faction, then friendly. This should be a difficult thing to achieve for the player, but it may be a cool feature. In this way, it will allow the player to change faction during the game. It make sense that a Loner can become a bandit.

6. If not, this is another way to be able to change faction in-game : First, you become friend with a formerly neutral faction, then you get the possibility to join it, through a dialog with the leader (but you have to work for them first, then become friend). Of course, if you join a faction, you lose your former relations with other factions. I think this idea is more relevant than the previous one. I really like it, it would give a better lifetime to the game, emphasize the RPG aspects and make each game more unique (a Loner could become a Dutier, then a soldier... or join CS or Freedom, or become a merc !). Maybe the player could be able to join/leave a faction a limited number of times, this way he will have to think about the consequences of his choices. In all honesty, i think it would be so COOOL xD

7. The addition of tasks to some NPCs who have nothing, such as Lebedev.

8. A rework of the Bar : Make it a fully neutral area (even for the player) or a non-neutral area. As it is, if i'm a bandit and i want to attack the Bar, i'm alone since my allies won't help me (it was like that last time i checked).

Minor ones :

9. The player can light campfires.

10. The player can play the guitar.

11. The addition of pouches in the inventory, to be able to sort your items out manually (consumables, drugs, and so on). I say "manually", to give the player a better control over his items.

12. A modification of the targets for mercs assassination task. I think all factions should be included, since mercs works for money above all and may accept to kill anybody for money. Maybe the same for Sid's assassination tasks. He also also works for money.

Noxx
Scavenger

Postby Noxx » 08 Jun 2016, 09:47

13. Hardcore mode: disable quicksave and hardsave options, but enable saving when sleep, either by using a bed or the bedroll (Fallout 4 Survival mode).
14. Add back the missing 7.62x54 ap ammo type for vanilla.
15. Return vanilla hands to CoC by replacing HMA3 with VHM1.4 and let the high poly hands be an addon like before patch 1.3. Some people were talking about this, it's not my personal request.

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 08 Jun 2016, 10:02

To Noxx : 13. "Hardcore mode", you mean Ironman ? But keep autosave ? Being able to save only when you sleep may be too constraining (you'd be losing at least one in-game hour, that's one of the things i don't like in F4 survival, so i enabled transition saves). Moreover, the game does not allow you to sleep if you are not tired (unless you drink vodka before going to bed).

Noxx
Scavenger

Postby Noxx » 08 Jun 2016, 10:56

Not Ironman. You can die, you won't loose your save, but the only possibility of saving the game is by sleeping. Yes, it would become annoying but that's why could be an option.

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 08 Jun 2016, 11:07

So far, +1 to points 6,7,9,10 and 15. Especially the campfires and guitar things...

As for my personal suggestions:

16. An option to select our desired portrait upon starting a new game, or maybe dynamic portraits that change according to our current outfit. I assume it is quite a lot of work, but it would be a nice feature for those fond of customization (like me).

17. Rename Monolith trader to something more lore friendly. Seriously, Father Diodor would have never joined that faction...

18. More vanilla-ish outfits. The more the better !

19. Fully playable 3rd person view. No one uses it, but I sometimes like to just have a look at my character while all is quiet and peaceful.
Welcome to Chernobyl, hell on earth.

Darryl
Adventurer

Postby Darryl » 08 Jun 2016, 11:13

Stalker1994 wrote:Father Diodor would have never joined that faction...

In all fairness I don't think he would have had much of a choice :D
phpBB [video]

Nuor
Scavenger

Postby Nuor » 08 Jun 2016, 11:23

Regarding "pouches", there already exists bags that act like you describe. They can be opened inside inventory filled then dropped or kept. What they don't do is uniquely identify themselves so you can't distinguish which is which if you have many. They haven't been added to regular gameplay.

You don't need to be "tired" to sleep. But you have to wait at least an hour between sleeps and if you use caffeine items, like energy drinks, each one adds an extra hour to wait time (max 3 or 4 hours; setting in sleep_dep).

Darryl
Adventurer

Postby Darryl » 08 Jun 2016, 11:36

Nuor wrote:You don't need to be "tired" to sleep. But you have to wait at least an hour between sleeps and if you use caffeine items, like energy drinks, each one adds an extra hour to wait time (max 3 or 4 hours; setting in sleep_dep).

Adding to this, the sleep deprivation feature is entirely optional and is actually disabled by default.

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 08 Jun 2016, 11:38

Darryl wrote:In all fairness I don't think he would have had much of a choice :D

Ahah !
I must admit that's a valid explanation. He may have played dead when Strelok shot him during the events of ShoC, after all !

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 08 Jun 2016, 12:15

Nuor, i know for pouches, that's why i spoke about them ;) Sometimes, i spawn one or two in m'y inventory. It would be cool to have them activated in-Game.

Regarding "sleep", i already had, many times, the "you don't need to sleep" message. I thought the message for energy drinks, and so on, was "you are wired, etc.".

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 08 Jun 2016, 12:18

Ok, Nuor, nevermind for sleep, i had misread your post.

Nuor
Scavenger

Postby Nuor » 08 Jun 2016, 12:28

Zealot - it is wired for energy drinks. I just tested it and it seemed to work. But the wired time period was shorter than it should have been so I may need to check timing. I've never not been able to use sleep so I'm not certain what the problem is.

Roadkill
Scavenger

Postby Roadkill » 08 Jun 2016, 16:54

Maybe making a timeline, like few months after CoP or something. Right now there are characters in world that are deceased, for example Vasiliev.
Adding characters that survived the events of games, like Voronin, Lt. Shulga, Bes, Seriy, also quest contract targets Oleg"Fiend" Gusarov, Sparrow since by canon I guess Strelok wasn't hired killer.

Also switch some names like Patriarch the mechanic/trader, wasn't he killed by Degtyarev, stuff like that. Just my suggestion :D

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 09 Jun 2016, 04:58

One more request (sorry, i insist :D ) : Dutiers asks you to lower your weapon at the Bar, EVEN if you are a dutier yourself
( http://hpics.li/e44c7b2 )
It does not happen with other factions. So, maybe it is because the Bar is supposed to be a neutral area, but it's still weird.
Morevover... "you ain't gettin' in"... well... weapon or not, you still can enter the Bar :lol:

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 09 Jun 2016, 17:37

Stalker1994 wrote:So far, +1 to points 6,7,9,10 and 15. Especially the campfires and guitar things...

As for my personal suggestions:

16. An option to select our desired portrait upon starting a new game, or maybe dynamic portraits that change according to our current outfit. I assume it is quite a lot of work, but it would be a nice feature for those fond of customization (like me).

17. Rename Monolith trader to something more lore friendly. Seriously, Father Diodor would have never joined that faction...

18. More vanilla-ish outfits. The more the better !

19. Fully playable 3rd person view. No one uses it, but I sometimes like to just have a look at my character while all is quiet and peaceful.

16 and 19 will be in new patch

If someone wants to make HUD and mesh to play guitar and light campire I will do the scripting for it.

3 might be possible now, I will have to check. I recently revamped the task giving system to make it less hacky.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Zealot_Komputer
Trespasser

Postby Zealot_Komputer » 09 Jun 2016, 17:57

A real playable third person view would be heaven, not just for screenshots.

Just to know, how many files would be concerned if i wanted to add the possibility to change faction ? Is it much work ?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 09 Jun 2016, 18:50

Zealot_Komputer wrote:A real playable third person view would be heaven, not just for screenshots.

Just to know, how many files would be concerned if i wanted to add the possibility to change faction ? Is it much work ?

Probably the easiest way would just to make quests for it. When the quest completes just call these in a new xr_effects function when the task completes:

Code: Select all

db.actor:set_character_community("actor_"..faction, 0, 0)

-- set default goodwill for all factions vs. actor's new faction
      game_relations.set_community_goodwill_for_faction("actor_"..faction)

Stalker1994
Scavenger

Postby Stalker1994 » 10 Jun 2016, 02:25

Alundaio wrote:16 and 19 will be in new patch

Really ?!
I was not expecting to see those things implemented that fast !
Your doing an awesome job with this mod. Very impressive !

Roadkill
Scavenger

Postby Roadkill » 10 Jun 2016, 04:31

Nice, 16. and 19. good job.

Does anyone else find Army Warehouse west level changer to Red Forest weird, you enter there and end up all they way to the original entrance from Clear Sky when you transit from Yantar.

Seems like a little bit circling around. Maybe you could change it to spawn you at Dark Yar where you could get to Grabage from Red Forest in Clear Sky.

Return to “General Discussion”