Fatal Error after update via COCdater

rivie
Scavenger

Fatal Error after update via COCdater

Postby rivie » 11 Mar 2016, 22:04

Well it was good while it lasted. Seems like the COCdater broke the game. When I attempt to launch via the short cut it will not initiate the game.
When I launch the game from the Stalker-CoC.exe in the game folder, same results. When I attempt to launch by xrEngine in the _bin folder I get the following error message: Cannot open file "fsgame.ltx. Check your working folder.
Sequence of events:
1- installed game in my game drive (not at the root of C).
2- Launched game and played for 5 minutes to verify it runs.
3- Downloaded the COCdater files, extracted and put the CoCdater in the COC game directory.
4- Launched COCdater. It said it needed an update and it did. Closed and relaunched it.
5- It indicated there were updates and it downloaded them, and I assume installed them as it issued an "update complete" message.
6- I closed COCdater.
7- Attempted to launch game.
8- Verified the fsgame_coc file is not locked, has admin privilages. Tried again. Same.
9- renamed file to fsgame and tried again. Same.
10 Looked at the log and here is what it states (I copied the last bit as it displays the error:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : hGame
[error]Function : CEngineAPI::Initialize
[error]File : EngineAPI.cpp
[error]Line : 153
[error]Description : Game DLL raised exception during loading or there is no game DLL at all

stack trace:

0023:005670A1 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Fatal Error after update via COCdater

Postby Alundaio » 12 Mar 2016, 03:37

Your xrGame.dll might have been corrupted from download, try the manual patch
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

rivie
Scavenger

Postby rivie » 12 Mar 2016, 11:30

Hello Alundaio,

I went ahead and uninstalled everything and indeed did as you delineated. I downloaded and installed the manual patches. The game launched and is running fine! I even ventured out and installed the AO 3.35 mod.

Thank you for your help.

rivie
Scavenger

Postby rivie » 12 Mar 2016, 11:35

One question if I may: I really need to get rid of that head bobing. I just cannot play for more than 15 minutes (vertigo). I tried using the console command: cam_inert 0 and cam_slide_inert 0 as well as using an effectors.ltx file by placing it in the misc folder, but no go.

Is there a way or another command that I can use to get rid of it and the weapon sway?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 12 Mar 2016, 12:36

The effectors.ltx is the proper way. You may have not placed it in the right location, make sure you place it in CoC directory and not accidentally CoP.

Not sure where you got the effector.ltx, so I attached this one from my CoC :
Download the attachment and place into S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Chernobyl\gamedata\configs\misc\
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

rivie
Scavenger

Postby rivie » 13 Mar 2016, 12:12

Thank you! I will try again. I'm pretty sure that is where I placed it but I'll verify. I'll let you know my results.

Again thanks a million for the help!

Return to “General Discussion”