Creating new weapons for COC, need a bit of help please.

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Creating new weapons for COC, need a bit of help please.

Postby el_chupacabra » 02 Feb 2016, 16:15

Hi, and thanks for that wonderful sandbox.
I am trying to create my own weapons, using 3DS max and the COC sdk.
I successfully added new monsters, so I thought it wouldn't be too difficult doing the same with weapons, but I was so wrong.

I created a small prototype in Max with HUD hands + a simple object (the weapon).
I exported the object, the motions for both weapon and hands, and it loads fine in Actor Editor.
The weapon has the correct amount of animations (I used the toz34 as a blueprint), hands too.
First I was a bit confused because the unpacked gamedata files shows two distinct objects for weapon HUD and hands, and the rawdata files objects contain both meshes in the same scene. I found a couple of tutorials but it was intended for SOC, and it seems that the weapon HUD scene in Actor Editor is using hands too.
So from Actor Editor I exported :
- weapon HUD .ogf (without hands)
- weapon HUD .omf
- Hands HUD .omf
It crashes when grabbing weapon from the backpack, nothing useful in log file.
I wanted to see if the problem was coming from my Actor Editor settings, so I tried to replace the Knife HUD ingame with a new .ogf using the knife .object from rawdata + the .skls I extracted from the game.
And it crashes too.
So I think I must be doing something wrong either in setting up the HUD scene or exporting the .ogf file.
Should I use a scene with weapon + hands as I can see in SOC tutorials ?
If there is any resource available about building those weapons HUD files for COP, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Creating new weapons for COC, need a bit of help please.

Postby Alundaio » 02 Feb 2016, 18:13

Sorry this is out of my realm of knowledge. The one to ask would be r_poplik but he doesn't appear here that often (He is often seen on stalker.pl though) . But when he does come here I think he does check to see if anyone mentions him. Try asking on GSC forum this question and maybe some of the weapon modeling veterans like KingFriday, r_poplik and some others might be able to help you. Beacon might also know since he has experience in importing new meshes.

It could just be a problem with the rawdata objects since they changed a few things since SoC and CS/CoP.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Re: Creating new weapons for COC, need a bit of help please.

Postby el_chupacabra » 03 Feb 2016, 02:49

Ok, thank you. I am pasting my message at GSC forum.
I may be back with more questions though :D

Return to “General Discussion”