I like Call Of Chernobyl, very, i also like freeplay sandbox, and the only thing, that i'm missing is - an assault vest, like in nlc6 (Shadow Of Chernobyl). So, instead of asking about this feature someone, i thought, maybe i can do it? I've attached a pretty early concept of what i wanted to do, but since then, i decided to go even further. And all this leads me here, where i might find answers on specific questions, like if it's even possible without modifing engine?
So, the first question is:
1. Lets say i have an assault vest, and when you put it on, it will give you, say +5 to armor. But, assault vest by definition can be put on Seva suit, or any other. So it means, that suit-slot is might be already occupied. Now, let's say, that i have two callbacks: assault_vest_on, and assault_vest_off, in this case, can i create specific effect, like +5 to armor when assault_vest_on callback is called?
2. Additional custom slots, is it possible?
3. Ammo. How can i reject all ammo, that actor have in bag, and use only that ammo, that was attached to his assault vest?
4. Is drag-n-drop feature available?
4.1 Is it possible to findout, that user clicked on item with left mouse button and pressed shift-key? (Purpose: move/use all items; it will help transfering items from actor's bag to somewhere else (trader, another bag).
5. The most important question: during development, it's very slow, since i need to load game, run script, examine changes, reload, examine, reload and etc. Maybe there something, that can speed up this process?
6. I didn't found (yet) solution to autoload specific script, instead, i have to type console command: run_script ui_kvest; So the question is, how to autoload script, without changing anything in "system" scripts?
What im up to. Completly new user interface, inventory, trade, upgrade, repair, armor customization, assault vest & magazines, shotgun belt and pistol holsters, also looting magazines from weapons of dead stalkers and... well, even with this list of features, it become a very complex modification.
P.S. I dont know if someone tell you, but your implementation of fog is very, very beautifull, gorgeous, very smooth and most importantly - very close to concept of Stalker movie (Tarkovsky). Thank you!