AI Bases?

WolfeWarrior
Scavenger

AI Bases?

Postby WolfeWarrior » 25 Oct 2015, 17:40

Is there any way to have certain faction squads stay at a certain location, despite said location not being a faction location? (ie. Army at the Rookie Village, Csky at the Limansk Bridge.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: AI Bases?

Postby Alundaio » 26 Oct 2015, 01:29

gamedata\configs\simulation_object_props.ltx dictates which factions can go to which smart terrains.

Code: Select all

[mar_smart_terrain_base]
ecolog      = 1
stalker      = 1
csky       = 2
surge       = 1
sim_avail    = true

value greater then zero for a faction, means they are able to select this as a target.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

WolfeWarrior
Scavenger

Postby WolfeWarrior » 29 Oct 2015, 20:54

Thanks a lot for that, I found your faction control tutorial earlier as well. I'm curious though, what happens when you change the number to 2 instead of 1?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 29 Oct 2015, 22:09

Target priority is based on distance and the value of these flags. Squads will randomly select a target from the top 25% of their available targets. So if you give a really high value to a smart then it be a more likely target for squads that are far away. So for example you want to see freedom in marsh and don't really see them that often there with a freedom = 1. Make it like freedom = 30 and they will likely come, assuming the squad isn't disabled by being on a non-linked level.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

WolfeWarrior
Scavenger

Postby WolfeWarrior » 30 Oct 2015, 22:49

Alright, then. Thanks a million. I've been trying to make a makeshift scenario where I change the date, use the wish granter to delete all the squads, then spawn new squads to imitate some army incursions and expeditions.

Return to “General Discussion”