Packing mod's files to .db

2C.LiryC
Killer

Packing mod's files to .db

Postby 2C.LiryC » 25 Oct 2015, 09:38

Hi,

What would be the command lines for a proper packing of the mod's files, please ?
I would like to repack the mod to .db after adding AN3 and AS mod's addons, to see if it goes better for the out of memory crash, for instance.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Packing mod's files to .db

Postby Alundaio » 25 Oct 2015, 15:07

It packs whatever is in the gamedata directory, if you are talking about the one from dropbox.

Maybe this will help with Out of Memory crash for TC. r__geometry_lod 0.5
for some reason engine keeps putting it on 3.0
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

2C.LiryC
Killer

Postby 2C.LiryC » 25 Oct 2015, 16:07

I was asking about the command lines for packing back the files to .db.
Something like the opposite of the "unpack_db.bat" in the COP_COC_db_converter. ^_^'

I understand how to simply pack a gamedata into .db but I get a bit confused by the sections the mod use. :oops:
"configs" go to be the "config.db" ?
"levels" for "maps" .db folder ?
The rest of the gamedata files go to "resource.db" ?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 26 Oct 2015, 01:22

Bangalore wrote:About db files:

Let out these files from db:

Code: Select all

gamedata\atmosfear_options.ini
gamedata\axr_options.ini
gamedata\configs\ai_tweaks\simulation_objects.ltx
gamedata\configs\gameplay\character_desc_general.xml
gamedata\configs\misc\dialog_manager.ltx
gamedata\configs\atmosfear_default_settings.ltx
gamedata\configs\beh_escape.ltx
gamedata\configs\beh_gulag_jobs.ltx
gamedata\configs\beh_marsh.ltx

The idea about increasing and updating patch file is fine for me. If we are satisfied with COC, i will make an ultimate repack and installer, and we are going to Hawaii.

Okay, this is message from Bangalore about how the file structure is setup for the release .dbs

I think I get what you are trying to do, and this make sense. Yes, the vanilla coc textures are being loaded into memory and then the patches and gamedata are being loaded into memory too. Maybe this is cause of Out Of Memory handle since you are basically loading all textures twice over.

So what you want to do, is unpack meshes/textures/shaders. Then put onto AN3, OWR3 and whatever else you using. Put only these folders into gamedata within the xrCompress and run the .bat. Just rename them resource.db
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

2C.LiryC
Killer

Postby 2C.LiryC » 26 Oct 2015, 02:00

Yes, that's what I was thinking about.
I'll give a try with only AN3 and AS textures added to the unpacked gamedata, pack files at new and see if it improve the stability.

Thanks again. :)

newl71
Scavenger

Postby newl71 » 01 Dec 2015, 05:54

Please sorry for bad english. I need pack resource files to resource.db* in folder resource but game dont work.With unpacked good. I try converter from moddb, xrcompress for CoP SDK but nothing work. May be it needs special LTX for xrcompress?

[header]
auto_load = true
level_name = single
level_ver = 1.0
entry_point = $fs_root$\

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 01 Dec 2015, 15:01

These files cannot be packed into db and must remain unpacked in gamedata:

gamedata\atmosfear_options.ini
gamedata\axr_options.ini
gamedata\configs\ai_tweaks\simulation_objects.ltx
gamedata\configs\gameplay\character_desc_general.xml
gamedata\configs\misc\dialog_manager.ltx
gamedata\configs\atmosfear_default_settings.ltx
gamedata\configs\beh_escape.ltx
gamedata\configs\beh_gulag_jobs.ltx
gamedata\configs\beh_marsh.ltx

newl71
Scavenger

Postby newl71 » 02 Dec 2015, 03:53

I pack only textures. In resources folder all work fine. That archive in patch folder not work

v1ld
Scavenger

Postby v1ld » 13 Feb 2016, 12:08

Hi, I'd like to know how to add new packed db files to the game - for now, just the versions of Absolute Nature and Structures put together by Burguois. here's what I'm doing using the converter.exe from the COP_COC_db_converter_fixed on moddb:

converter.exe -pack -xdb -out resource.db gamedata

When I then put that resource.db file in the resource/ directory, I get the following crash early in the startup sequence, pre-menu: http://imgur.com/Qeffo5d. I've tried renaming it to resource.db6, putting it in the patches directory, etc. All attempts fail with a similar exception. There's no clash with files that are supposed to go into gamedata/ since all the packed db file contains is a textures/ folder and texture files.

I'd like to be able to keep baseline mods I use with CoC in separate db files so that I can use different weapons packs, etc., without having to continually reinstall those mods. What's the best way to go about this?

Nuor
Scavenger

Postby Nuor » 13 Feb 2016, 12:42

This suggestion might cause more trouble than it's worth but I'll mention it anyway. Given present rate of updates I thought it might be handy to have a separate .db with the most current changes while all past changes go into the standard structure. ie the batch file would compare each individual file in 1.3.03 with files in 1.3.04 and if the file differed it would be shuffled off into the "NEW.db".

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 13 Feb 2016, 14:18

That's what I have been doing and the reason I update the xpatches instead of the resource dbs. The jump to the new minor version called for a repack of xpatch_01_resource.db which got pretty big. But for a while new resources were being put in the smaller xpatch_02_resource.db

Also don't want to create dozens of new *db. These are loaded alphabetically and pretty much once they in someone's gamedata I won't be able to remove them, only update them.

v1ld
Scavenger

Postby v1ld » 13 Feb 2016, 14:36

What are you using to pack the db files? Are there restrictions on naming or location if we add new ones?

Nuor
Scavenger

Postby Nuor » 13 Feb 2016, 21:23

I completely understand about avoiding clutter. I just had noticed that when I winmerged 1.3.02 vs 1.3.04 that only a half-dozen of the dozens of files in the xpatch_01_config.db had actually changed between the two versions. I only really notice because I hand merge each new version.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 14 Feb 2016, 17:19

The point of having a xpatch_01_config.db that contains only script and config is so it can be updated with minor changes and maintain a low download size. It would be unnecessary to create a new db just for changed files. It's only 1,511 KB in size.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 19 Feb 2016, 01:11

v1ld wrote:Hi, I'd like to know how to add new packed db files to the game - for now, just the versions of Absolute Nature and Structures put together by Burguois. here's what I'm doing using the converter.exe from the COP_COC_db_converter_fixed on moddb:

converter.exe -pack -xdb -out resource.db gamedata

When I then put that resource.db file in the resource/ directory, I get the following crash early in the startup sequence, pre-menu: http://imgur.com/Qeffo5d. I've tried renaming it to resource.db6, putting it in the patches directory, etc. All attempts fail with a similar exception. There's no clash with files that are supposed to go into gamedata/ since all the packed db file contains is a textures/ folder and texture files.

I'd like to be able to keep baseline mods I use with CoC in separate db files so that I can use different weapons packs, etc., without having to continually reinstall those mods. What's the best way to go about this?

The converter does not repack into db. Look here, you may have missed this thread: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=480

You need to use xrCompress that comes with SDK or you can get it from the included download in that thread.

Basically xrCompress will compress everything a gamedata directory. So you can just create a new .cmd for your purpose and run the cmd to create a new *.db. Look at the other .cmd for examples.

v1ld
Scavenger

Postby v1ld » 22 Feb 2016, 08:18

Hi, I did miss that thread and the link with the patch maker. Will give this a go very soon. Thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”