NPCs to turn off flashlight

Alexfighter
Scavenger

NPCs to turn off flashlight

Postby Alexfighter » 20 Oct 2015, 10:37

I remember at least in SoC there were mods to make Stalkers be able to switch off the flashlights to hide better. I haven't seen this behavior in CoC so far.

This might be a concious decission (after all, they need it to see in the night), but I believe that at least your hired companions should switch off the light during the night if you have ordered to "stay down" and in passive mode. I find impossible to go stealth if my companions are making themselves flashy during the night.

Is there any option to tweak this, or maybe due to the game engine the NPCs will see each other anyway and it's not dependent of whether they have it on or off?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: NPCs to turn off flashlight

Postby Alundaio » 20 Oct 2015, 10:57

What do you mean? NPCs turn off head lamp when in combat or danger mode. This is something added by me. But I guess you mean specifically companions while in the stealth mode.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 20 Oct 2015, 12:03

Yes, sorry, I specifically mean the companions that you take as a team. When I go out at night I'm always feeling easy to get spotted by other stalkers or the helicopters as they follow me with the flashlights on even when the first commands I order them are always to not engage unless I'm attacked and get down and keep quiet.

BTW great, great, wonderful work

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 20 Oct 2015, 19:56

I will make it so they turn off lamp while using sneak animations.

If you are using the AutoUpdater you should see this change once you click update. You will know if you see 1.2.23 version in-game.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

allucaneatpotatis
Scavenger

Postby allucaneatpotatis » 20 Oct 2015, 21:23

I'm using this thread to raise another question regarding flashlight's.
Having NPC's turn off their flashlights when seated by the fire would be a nice tuch.
Is it doable?
And I have to thank you guys for making such a awesome Stalker mod!

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 20 Oct 2015, 22:08

I added a change just now to not use headlamp for certain animations. So it should work with campfires now. You should see an update if you use CoCdater.

allucaneatpotatis
Scavenger

Postby allucaneatpotatis » 21 Oct 2015, 12:54

Thanks! Although the Auto-patcher dosen't seem to be able to patch the game properly, i't says a new update is available after i't updated to the newest version. And the NPC's still have their flashlight's on when seated by a fire (I only tested i't in Cordon Loner starter-village)
I have reinstalled the game in a seperate folder directly under C:\
Running the CoCdater.exe as Admin
Using windows 10 Pro x64

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 21 Oct 2015, 13:45

Nothing wrong with your install. Could be an issue with wrong file on mirror or something. But it won't hurt your game or anything.

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 23 Oct 2015, 10:24

You're a star. I'll get my sneak team out this weekend ^_^

Return to “General Discussion”