Toolkits

Obscurify
Scavenger

Toolkits

Postby Obscurify » 07 Oct 2015, 19:10

Hey, guys, recently I've been all over the Zone, from the swamps, to the bar, to the army warehouses, which I'm now about to head off to Radar/Darkscape, and for the life of me I haven't been able to find an Advanced Gunsmith Toolkit so I can upgrade my tactical helmet. Would anyone mind giving me any hints or just straight up telling me where one might be or might show up?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Toolkits

Postby Alundaio » 07 Oct 2015, 19:30

Well, toolkits used to be only found in stashes but they were added to pretty much all the main equipment traders like Sid, Barman, Owl, Freedom/Duty traders, etc because players were having a hard time finding them. NPCs should restock after an in-game day. Forester can do all upgrades, but he charges much more and is only one who can do tier 3 upgrades.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

mando69
Scavenger

Postby mando69 » 10 Oct 2015, 06:32

I think traders who sell toolkits should be far away from mechanics. It's kinda silly that a mechanic is in walking distance from a trader that sells toolkits, I experienced this when I was playing monolith.

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 20 Oct 2015, 10:33

So is there really a chance to get the highest toolkit (tier 3) possible somehow, since they're not placed in the field like in the vanilla CoP?

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 20 Oct 2015, 10:56

In my knowledge,only Forester can do it.
I think it will be good to implemente another tecnnician can do the same on other map.

Alexfighter
Scavenger

Postby Alexfighter » 20 Oct 2015, 12:08

Yes, I've seen Forester doing it, but since the other mechanics report lower prices for tier 3 upgrades, I was wondering if it was actually included in base CoC. Now that I think about it, I don't remember receiving a task to get T3 toolkit, so I guess that it's waiting for the mods that have to come upon CoC no that's available.

farrakhan
Scavenger

Postby farrakhan » 13 Nov 2015, 01:48

Hello everybody,

Do you think we can revert that choice ? My question is : Do you know if toolkits stashes are still in the game ? If so, i would remove (at least) the advanced one from trader's inventory et go search by myself in the zone instead of buying it.

Someone on MODDB posted an addon which unlock ALL the upgrade, which is cool for some players, but far too easy for pure gaming i think.

CrossKamui
Scavenger

Postby CrossKamui » 01 Jun 2016, 08:04

As for now (current version 1.3.2) toolkits can not be purchased. However you can find them in stashes marked on your map. (I found 6 tookits - 3 basic and 3 advanced), each from stash marked on the map (1 from the Great Swamp base).

Return to “General Discussion”