Idea: Opening up Limansk

Genion23
Scavenger

Idea: Opening up Limansk

Postby Genion23 » 03 Oct 2015, 22:56

This is an idea I had to make Limansk, that was designed for the linear Clear Sky gameplay, fit the freeplay aspect of Call of Chernobyl more with just some minor tweaks.
I tried to do it myself but I don't have the skills to do it so I hope some experienced STALKER modders or maybe even the devs would have the interest to do something like this.
The only thing I could do was to remove some vehicles in the level editor but that still left me with all the invisible walls around the level that I couldn't edit because I don't have 3DS Max or Maya or anything. Also after 11 hours of compiling I noticed severe lag in the map that wasn't there before.

So here're some ideas to make the map less linear:

In the northern part of the map, just above the river, the only way you could go to advance was through this building.

Removing some fences and vehicles around it would open up some paths:

The same goes for the construction site:

This part could also be improved to allow for easier backtracking:

And some more paths in the southern area of the map:
(this part would need a new fence/wall so the player can't walk out of the map into the unfinished distant areas (red))
These anomalies would have to be removed to open up this part of the map: :anom:

Thanks for reading.

Borovos
Adventurer

Re: Idea: Opening up Limansk

Postby Borovos » 04 Oct 2015, 07:56

Hello,

I started something like this long time ago. I didn't finish it because I wanted to extend the city.

The idea is good for sure.
Quel est ton choix? Quel est ton but? Mettre des droites ou jouer de la flûte?

Return to “General Discussion”