SDK COC :Questions,help and tips !

olivius74
Loner

Re: SDK COC :Questions,help and tips !

Postby olivius74 » 12 Oct 2015, 15:51

oh thank you so much for all the tips .
I will try all you said me and hope i can do it.

Thank's again Dear Friend.

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 13 Oct 2015, 12:24

Hello

So I test
$spawn = "a\a" ; option for Level Editor

as you said ,the same list of vehicle
I conclude : SDK ignore this file.

So where exactly is the line $spawn for the others vehicles?
In fact,I don't know where I need to write $spawn .
The truck come with two ltx

-car_spawn.ltx
-veh_ural_kuzov_kuhnya.ltx

Does I need to declare this new vehicles in other files?
I think it's just a question of path.Now Dynamic in option.
How is it for other vehicles,I can't find the line $spawn?

EDIT: YOUPI find it!

I 'm slow for some things!

I need to declare it in system.ltx
after the baggi

[veh_hl2baggi]
$spawn = "vehicles\veh_hl2baggi"
class = C_NIVA
cform = skeleton
visual = dynamics\vehicles\veh_baggi\veh_baggi_u_01.ogf

[ural_kuhnya]
$spawn = "vehicles\veh_ural_kuzov_kuhnya" ; option for Level Editor
class = C_NIVA
cform = skeleton
visual = physics\vehicles\ural_spin\ural_kuhnya.ogf
ph_mass = 9000

http://i.imgur.com/2U6i3DN.jpg

:D

Borovos
Adventurer

Postby Borovos » 13 Oct 2015, 13:18

Good to see it.

Don't forget, if you only want to recompile the geometry, just be sure to have all needed files in the gamedata/leves/xxx folder, as build.prj and others.
And just make "spawn" in the LE.

If you want to change the geometry (about the static truck on left part of your pic), don't forget to redo the aimap around new statics object.

See you
Quel est ton choix? Quel est ton but? Mettre des droites ou jouer de la flûte?

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 13 Oct 2015, 15:39

Thank you my friend
I will do my best
But it's good to know that you are still there :)

Good evening

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 31 Oct 2015, 04:31

Hello

Please,I would like to change the look in the game of my "perso" you choose, for example Trader Bandit Olivius.
I saw stalker_bandit_1,but if I change the ogf,all bandits take the new change.Not good :)
I just want an unic look!

How is it possible ,please,to just change one look for one PNJ,here Trader Bandit?

And also please,how in the SDK can you see an animation for an ogf?
I convert ogf in .object,in bones ,in skls but ...I can't show where I lauch the anims.

Sorry for my newbie questions as usual,you're my reference...

Thank again for all you make about this game.
I'm bluffed by the Auto_updater,(excellent green large font for version ;) ),and I just install AO3 on the last version.
Each time we have to enjoy news things!So great!

Have a good day

Cheers

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 31 Oct 2015, 14:54

Just change the visual line character profile for bandit trader:

gamedata\gameplay\character_desc_darkvalley.xml

<visual>actors\stalker_bandit\stalker_bandit_1</visual>
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 31 Oct 2015, 18:18

Thank you Dear Friend for your answer.
Mostly I hope you have recovered well and you're very well now.Take care of you ,please :)!

Sorry,I have always trouble with paths...

I have a new pnj.ogf and textures associates,I put their in right place (as the other PNJ) ,but I don't know how associate
these new files to the visual stalker_bandit_1 .
I'm sorry...I can't see the file where the paths to the ogf is make.

Apologize for my bad english I hope it's not inapprehensible.

Good evening
Best Regards

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 17 Oct 2016, 15:30

Hello Dear Guys

I would ask you (as usual ;) ) a help ,please.
I wonder now to manage to convert a model of Soc in CoP.
Long time I try and ... fail it ...So perhaps now, it will be the good new try :)

I first convert the soc ogf ,to have the bones and object .That is ok.
Then ,open it correctly in SDK 04 Soc .
Need to find missing textures and add them.That is ok now for the model.

So now ,I need to modify the model under MilkShape(not the same bones in CoP and Soc).
But I lost and can't find again your tutorial you made Bangalore for converting PNJ.
I search in GSC,I'm confused...Certainely lost it when I delete an old folder... :oops:

And I can't remember exactly what to correct ...I have only write hand some word...
Can you help me once again about that?

And once the modification done in MS3D,I need to export the model and open it in CoC Actor editor,right?
It need new modification in Coc sdk or not?Save it and you think it will be good?

I even remember a screen ,where you added many girls in Skadowsk,and you said that was easily to do :)

Have a good evening Dear Stalkers

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 19 Oct 2016, 11:02

olivius74 wrote:But I lost and can't find again your tutorial you made Bangalore for converting PNJ.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5zz9mn2f5a9mz5n/Convert_Stalker_models_between_SOC-CS-COP_eng.doc
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 19 Oct 2016, 13:50

Hello Dear Bangalore

Too fine to share it again,Thank's you very much .

I read in part 2 of tutorial (Transfer to CS/COP),it need CS SDK.
It's mandatory to have it?
I can't do the job only with the SoC 0.4 SDK and CoC SDK?

Best Regard Dear Bangalore
You realise an exceptional an unique game.
I have so much gratitude for the incredible work you have done for so long time.
Thank you very much for allowing us to enjoy our favorite universe, now in amazing condition.

Borovos
Adventurer

Postby Borovos » 19 Oct 2016, 15:36

CS SDK is the best for ogf making, related to smoothing if I remember.
Quel est ton choix? Quel est ton but? Mettre des droites ou jouer de la flûte?

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 19 Oct 2016, 15:59

Oui mais ça saoule de devoir installer encore un sdk,trouver les fichiers nécessaires va encore être une galère...

Xetra
Scavenger

Postby Xetra » 21 Oct 2016, 09:58

I really need SDK files for 1.4.10(at least level.spawn and level.game files of each location) :suicide:

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 22 Oct 2016, 06:27

Xetra wrote:I really need SDK files for 1.4.10(at least level.spawn and level.game files of each location) :suicide:

SDK update is up:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/downloads/cocs-sdk-scene-update

mirror:
https://mega.nz/#!9ZElDZ5S!lQA7bZ9s86Pg0A7PPOZKAJJeEBAGa1MwXTbKLYMYLCw

1.4 and 1.4.10 have the same all.spawn.
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

Xetra
Scavenger

Postby Xetra » 22 Oct 2016, 06:54

Bangalore wrote:1.4 and 1.4.10 have the same all.spawn.

Well, i just compiled all.spawn with this update. It has some difference with 1.4.10.
Is it essential or not?

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 22 Oct 2016, 09:29

Xetra wrote:
Bangalore wrote:1.4 and 1.4.10 have the same all.spawn.

Well, i just compiled all.spawn with this update. It has some difference with 1.4.10.
Is it essential or not?

Not essential, the size can be a little different.

unknwn
Scavenger

Postby unknwn » 23 Oct 2016, 16:12

Hello guys. I try create location but I get error

Code: Select all

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : ai().game_graph().header().levels().end() != I
[error]Function      : CALifeGraphRegistry::setup_current_level
[error]File          : alife_graph_registry.cpp
[error]Line          : 87
[error]Description   : Graph point level ID not found!

but if I start game with bat file like this

@start Stalker-CoC.exe -nointro -external -start server(all/single/alife) client(localhost)

it load properly

Maybe I missed the file where else do necessary to register my location?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Oct 2016, 21:05

Try xrEngine.exe directly but with the start in path set to the main coc directory
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

unknwn
Scavenger

Postby unknwn » 25 Oct 2016, 15:39

Alundaio wrote:Try xrEngine.exe directly but with the start in path set to the main coc directory

I do not quite understand you. If I run through xrEngine that nothing has changed, still the same error. Maybe from the fact that in my spawn does not include all locations, but only trucks cemetery and mine?

I also have an issue with roads and shadows. Roads are constantly flicker and angular shadows. This is definitely not due terrain_mask and does not depend on the object road. I tried to do build with different settings, but nothing changes. Only on the "draft" it's okay, but there are no alpha channels, and other trifles.
http://imgur.com/a/TJu9F

Just when I restart the SDK I lose all sectors and sound env, although the folder location file sector.part and sound_env.part will not disappear. Of course I press "save" before exiting.

I also noticed that all the boxes with profile "devices/inventory box" stopped working. That is, at the approach to such a box just does not show anything, as if it were a static object. But if I put a check mark next to "In group editable" when everything works: http://imgur.com/airl65Z But here arises another problem - now "stash" is not the box itself, and place near him:
http://imgur.com/a/fZMVK

A couple of problems that are associated with most scripts and configs than SDK. I can not get to work properly alife when I try to spawn the usual stalkers. Example stalker_sim_squad_advanced they do not go to work, just hanging around at the neighborhood. The log says "squad stalker_sim_squad_advanced0769 has no target". If I do my own squad through squad_descr and prescribe target_smart = rod_sim_1 they start work. I do not understand then why at other locations do not have such errors, because the standard squads simply is no such option.
And the second problem in this area. It did not get to make logic to sleep stalker. My script:

File rod_sim_1_smart_logic.ltx

[logic@sleep_1]
suitable = true
active = sleeper@sleep_1
prior = 65

File rod_sim_1.ltx

[sleeper@sleep_1]
path_walk = rod_sim_1_sleep_1_walk

In the SDK I create a way with two points and just as well named it, but it does not work. I tried to cut in to the config path_walk = sleep_1_walk
I tried to create the same look or the way to call path_main = sleep_1_walk but nothing changes. Maximum I see the error of incorrectly named path. By the way, animpoints from these files work correctly.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text, I just really do not have anybody else to turn :) All pretend to be clever programmers and modders, but no one knows anything. You are my last hope. I'm not asking to solve all this for me, but maybe you know at least something from this list, and you can help me. Regards.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 25 Oct 2016, 18:20

There are basically two types of squads. Simulation NPCs and Story NPCs. Almost everyone you see in game is a simulation NPC unless they are a trader or someone you always see sitting at that smart terrain. Simulation NPCs use dynamically generated jobs created by the gulag_general.script. Story NPCs use exclusive jobs defined in the smart ltx under the exclusive job's section.

If you set target_smart for a squad, that means the scripted engine expects this squad to have an exclusive job.

What are you trying to do? Are you trying to create new simulation jobs or new exclusive job for a story npc? If you want to create new jobs for simulation then you need to follow specific naming schemes for waypoints in which the gulag_general will parse and create new jobs.

For example, say you want to create new sleeper jobs. Lets look at gulag_general.script:

local function init_sleep_jobs(smart,stalker_jobs,gname)
    local name, job_ltx
   local i = 1
   while level.patrol_path_exists(gname.."_sleep_"..i) do

Okay, so it parses the waypoints by <smart_name>_sleep_<index>

If my example is mar_smart_terrain_base, then the sleep waypoint name should look like this:

mar_smart_terrain_base_sleep_1

If I wanted to add 5 sleep jobs then I would add 5 waypoints:

• mar_smart_terrain_base_sleep_1
  • mar_smart_terrain_base_sleep_2
  • mar_smart_terrain_base_sleep_3
  • mar_smart_terrain_base_sleep_4
  • mar_smart_terrain_base_sleep_5

That's it, run the game with the new all.spawn and you should see stalkers use this job. Might want to give gulag_general.script an examination, even if you don't understand lua.

Technically, you can create exclusive jobs that simulation NPCs can use. Just have suitable = {=check_npc_name(sim_default)} true, false and something like prior = 45. But really this is more time consuming since you have to hand-craft each job, unless of course it's your intention to make each job uniquely different. Like for example a job that switches between a waypoint and an animpoint.

Return to “General Discussion”