Launch through Steam?

Jonex
Scavenger

Launch through Steam?

Postby Jonex » 27 Sep 2015, 13:00

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if it's possible to integrate Call of Chernobyl with the Steam version of Call of Pripyat, so I can launch Call of Pripyat and record my game hours through Steam (while actually playing Call of Chernobyl). Sorry if that seems a bit confusing, I just prefer to run the game through Steam.
Last edited by Darryl on 06 Oct 2015, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sticky'd the thread as it's a question I see on moddb quite often.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: Launch through Steam?

Postby Alundaio » 27 Sep 2015, 15:03

You can add any game you want to your steam library which will allow you to have the steam overlay but it won't track the time played.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Darryl
Adventurer

Postby Darryl » 27 Sep 2015, 16:22

What I've always done is backed up my vanilla Steam copy and made another folder with the same name and installed CoC to that.

Steam launches xrEngine.exe directly, so I just had to rename the "_bin" folder to "bin" and I could launch the game through Steam as if I was playing unmodded Call of Pripyat.

Don't forget to add the -fsltx command to load fsgame_coc.ltx file like the shortcuts do, but I just rename mine back to fsgame.ltx (default) so I don't have to remove it every time I play a different mod.

Jonex
Scavenger

Postby Jonex » 28 Sep 2015, 00:57

Darryl wrote:What I've always done is backed up my vanilla Steam copy and made another folder with the same name and installed CoC to that.

Steam launches xrEngine.exe directly, so I just had to rename the "_bin" folder to "bin" and I could launch the game through Steam as if I was playing unmodded Call of Pripyat.

Don't forget to add the -fsltx command to load fsgame_coc.ltx file like the shortcuts do, but I just rename mine back to fsgame.ltx (default) so I don't have to remove it every time I play a different mod.

That worked, thanks a lot!

Riocynn
Scavenger

Postby Riocynn » 03 Oct 2015, 05:01

Well poop, I tried to do it like Darryl did it, but I guess I did something wrong.

Now let's recap.
So I go to my game directory and rename _bin_ to bin, which replaces the old "bin"
Then go to my Steam Libary,go to Properties on the Game "Call of Pripyat" and then add a launch command in "Set launch options..." called -fsltx

I'm not good with computers, help :cry:

Darryl
Adventurer

Postby Darryl » 03 Oct 2015, 09:35

You can rename fsgame_coc.ltx to fsgame.ltx and you won't need the launch option. If you want to keep it called fsgame_coc.ltx so you can still use the shortcuts, add the command "-fsltx fsgame_coc.ltx".

I could have written the bit about -fsltx a little clearer. ;)

casper_san
Scavenger

Postby casper_san » 28 Mar 2016, 17:34

Hey there, I'm having an issue. I don't really care about showing gametime, but I would like the overlay and the ability to use Steam broadcasting. Sadly I haven't been able to get either. Currently I'm using the trick where you add CoCdater, and it works insofar as it shows when I'm playing Call of Chernobyl (it used to show up and then disappear a few seconds later).

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 31 Mar 2016, 13:22

If you add xrEngine.exe overlay should work.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

casper_san
Scavenger

Postby casper_san » 04 Apr 2016, 19:45

Alundaio wrote:If you add xrEngine.exe overlay should work.

Nah I just tried that. Says can't open fsgame.ltx.

Changed fsgame_coc.ltx to fsgame.ltx, and it still wouldn't fire.

Return to “General Discussion”