News Update

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

News Update

Postby Alundaio » 03 Aug 2015, 18:54

Call of Chernobyl is still in development despite what has been said on other forums, like ap-pro, nor was it ever canceled. Please disregard any news or information about the mod unless you read it directly here or on the official ModDB page.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Re: News Update

Postby Alundaio » 24 Aug 2015, 18:58

8/24/2015

Hello everyone! I thought I would give another quick news update as we near the inevitable release. The mod is in an overall good state. Ironing out final kinks with the task system and even implemented a few tiny new features:

• There is now a randomizer button in the main faction selection menu. This randomizes the player's name, faction and loadout: click to see video

• I developed a new tool, called xrTradeEditor. It's a lua script and you can find it in the mod section of this forum. It was made for CoC but it will work with any CoP mod if the ini is configured properly. But it allowed me to quickly redo and adjust and balance the economy by altering the price conditions of all traders. Trade exploits no longer exist because the script found and appended all the missing item sections and It's a bit harder to gain money by selling junk.

• Helicopters have been nerfed and there is now a game option to disable the helicopter engine sounds. They now have less accuracy, take more damage from normal fire_wound type damage and no longer engage enemies more then 300m. This should make them more enjoyable to engage and allow them to continue to serve their purpose which is strengthening the military and monolith factions. Helicopters are intended to create risk and suspense in some locations to force the player to make a conscious decision to either engage, avoid these areas or approach during nightfall/heavy weather.

• The custom created level by our beloved Borovos, Trucks Cemetery, has been fully implemented with A-Life. It awaits some final tweaks and polish!

Don't worry, these new changes/features barely took any time to develop and is not holding back progress towards release since I have much more free time then Bangalore who does most of the Level Editor work and manages the final full build and installer.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Azaxrey
Scavenger

Postby Azaxrey » 25 Aug 2015, 05:24

Can't w8 , also you could see im asking before about CoP artifactss , they don't show some immunites it was removed by engine . So any chance to this will be restore in CoC ?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 25 Aug 2015, 23:05

I will take a look and see when I have time. On a related note, bunch of artifact methods were exported to lua (which include getting immunity values), but aren't documented on the OXR wiki.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 26 Aug 2015, 22:07

Azaxrey, I did some digging, apprently they commented all this code out:

Code: Select all

LPCSTR af_immunity_section_names[] = // ALife::EInfluenceType
{
   "radiation_immunity",      // infl_rad=0
   "burn_immunity",         // infl_fire=1
   "chemical_burn_immunity",   // infl_acid=2
   "telepatic_immunity",      // infl_psi=3
   "shock_immunity",         // infl_electra=4

//   "strike_immunity",
//   "wound_immunity",      
//   "explosion_immunity",
//   "fire_wound_immunity",
};

LPCSTR af_immunity_caption[] =  // ALife::EInfluenceType
{
   "ui_inv_outfit_radiation_protection",      // "(radiation_imm)",
   "ui_inv_outfit_burn_protection",         // "(burn_imm)",
   "ui_inv_outfit_chemical_burn_protection",   // "(chemical_burn_imm)",
   "ui_inv_outfit_telepatic_protection",      // "(telepatic_imm)",
   "ui_inv_outfit_shock_protection",         // "(shock_imm)",

//   "ui_inv_outfit_strike_protection",         // "(strike_imm)",
//   "ui_inv_outfit_wound_protection",         // "(wound_imm)",
//   "ui_inv_outfit_explosion_protection",      // "(explosion_imm)",
//   "ui_inv_outfit_fire_wound_protection",      // "(fire_wound_imm)",
};

I'm very curious why they would do this. I will uncomment all this and try it out. Looks like they did the same thing with outfits and explosion & strike immunities.

Azaxrey
Scavenger

Postby Azaxrey » 27 Aug 2015, 08:28

Much thanks , also im not checking strike , wound and explosion immunities. They may just do not work

Return to “General Discussion”