1.5 Bugs and Issues

Ksyarovich
Scavenger

Re: 1.5 Bugs and Issues

Postby Ksyarovich » 12 Aug 2017, 09:32

WARNING - I USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR
Armory Pack Arsenal Overhau
This weapon pack uses standard icons from vanilla and they are not used in any way. I made a fix for weak graphics cards and moved icons to the place of icons from vanilla and rewrote the configs. I suggest using my fix and I can drop it for you to review. I hope that you understand me and see my fix.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SadBlackFox
Scavenger

Postby SadBlackFox » 12 Aug 2017, 10:49

Ksyarovich wrote:WARNING - I USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR
Armory Pack Arsenal Overhau
This weapon pack uses standard icons from vanilla and they are not used in any way. I made a fix for weak graphics cards and moved icons to the place of icons from vanilla and rewrote the configs. I suggest using my fix and I can drop it for you to review. I hope that you understand me and see my fix.

Я не думаю, что нам стоит заботиться о видеокартах, которые были выпущены 15 лет назад, как и об операционной системе XP.
В следующий раз пиши на русском.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 12 Aug 2017, 20:09

Wasyock wrote:1.Two pairs of armor were confused: ChN-3a with ChN-1a and ChN-3b with ChN1b. The description corresponds to the TTX, but the description and the TTX did not correspond to the appearance. I made the fix. https://cloud.mail.ru/public/6GN7/51ouDEDLH
I did not change the appearance to describe, I changed the description for the appearance
cs_light_novice_outfit - это CS-3a
cs_heavy_outfit - это CS-3b
cs_medium_outfit - это CS-1a
cs_3b_outfit - это CS-1b

2. I have a 16:9 monitor (1366x768)
When aiming from the VDD on the right side of the screen, you see a thin (pixel-wide) strip, which is a kind of slot through which you can see the world, you can glance at what is happening to the right of the main sighting grid)

It's confusing because the naming of the Clear Sky outfits is different between the localizations.

For example:

http://ru.stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Бронежилет_ЧН-3а
http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/CS-1_body_armor

ChN-3a in Russian localization is CS-1 in international version of the game. To make it even more confusing the section names never correctly corresponded to armor grade in either versions and CoC added new variants.

Just look in Git log for outfit.ltx, I had several different people keep telling me how to name them, that they were wrong; It wasn't until much later I found out they were different in the localizations, which is why I had so many contradictions from people. I changed this about 6 times since Februrary and I'm sick of it. I'm not touching them anymore.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

joyoushome
Scavenger

1.5 CPU usage

Postby joyoushome » 13 Aug 2017, 00:58

Hi. I'm wondering if it's an issue, but I have a small trouble with the CPU usage of 1.5.

I always run the game in window mode, switching frequently to other windows as I play (I mean when I'm supposed to be working, you know). The trouble is, even when the 1.5 game window is not active, it keeps occupying about 30% of the CPU usage of my feeble laptop (Windows 8.1, Nvidia video card), which sometimes slows down other tasks. This does not happen when I play 14.22, of which the CPU usage drops down to a few percent when its window is not active. Is there anything I can do about it?

By the way, I cannot imagine life without CoC. Thank you devs, you make me feel this world is as much nice a place to live in as the Zone itself.

Balathruin
Scavenger

Postby Balathruin » 13 Aug 2017, 06:07

Alundaio wrote:I changed this about 6 times since Februrary and I'm sick of it. I'm not touching them anymore.

The outfits really need some balancing anyways. If you could tell me how the game calculates the protection and immunity values, I'd just rewrite the base stats to make sense.

Thumba-umba
Scavenger

Postby Thumba-umba » 13 Aug 2017, 12:55

Balathruin wrote:The outfits really need some balancing anyways. If you could tell me how the game calculates the protection and immunity values, I'd just rewrite the base stats to make sense.

I truly and wholly second that. I was just about to ask somewhere else on the forum about this but Balathruin just beat me up on it. It would be marvelous if some of the developers could point to at least a rough area in the engine or scripts where the real incoming damage/induced wear formulas are stored.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 13 Aug 2017, 14:59

Balathruin wrote:
Alundaio wrote:I changed this about 6 times since Februrary and I'm sick of it. I'm not touching them anymore.

The outfits really need some balancing anyways. If you could tell me how the game calculates the protection and immunity values, I'd just rewrite the base stats to make sense.

I did not want to use the Warfighter changes that you offered in your rebalance addon. If you want to rebalance them with consideration of the actual formula, then that would be much better: https://pastebin.com/NLMrVeHq

After reading it, maybe you will understand why I chose not to use it.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Balathruin
Scavenger

Postby Balathruin » 13 Aug 2017, 15:29

Alundaio wrote:I did not want to use the Warfighter changes that you offered in your rebalance addon. If you want to rebalance them with consideration of the actual formula, then that would be much better: https://pastebin.com/NLMrVeHq

After reading it, maybe you will understand why I chose not to use it.

I absolutely understand that. I have no idea why I made the whole thing to be honest.
I'll use the formula, thanks.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 13 Aug 2017, 17:19

I just updated the pastebin to clarify some things and fixed a mistake where I listed something that was only used during multiplayer.

Some important things to note:

• The only Immunity in the hit calculation is from creature immunities (ie. actor.ltx, m_stalker.ltx), which can be boosted by consumables. Immunities listed for outfits is only to determine condition loss.
  • Outfit fire_wound protection is unused, and does not go into determining how much the player takes from bullets. Damage from most hit types is pretty straight forward:
    • Wound (mutant melee),Strike (physics) and Explosion: (protection*condition).
    • Everything else: (protection*condition) * 0.1
  • The first param in damages.ltx is only used in multiplayer.

If you need further clarification on some things let me know.

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 14 Aug 2017, 06:30

There is a minor bug where the "Wait for Sakharov's Calibrated Psi-Helmet" task remains in your PDA forever.

How to reproduce it: Get a calibrated psi helmet from Semenov or Kruglov(don't remember which one has the calibrated psi helmet) AFTER accepting the psi helmet task from Sakharov.

Then, you won't be able to complete the quest because of a precondition check from dialogs_yantar.xml, which makes the completion dialog not appear if the actor_dont_has_psi_helmet conditional is not met, which obviously doesn't in our case since the player already has one. Removing this precondition check will let you finish the quest, but you will have 2x Psi Helmets afterwards.

Juraszka
Scavenger

Postby Juraszka » 14 Aug 2017, 11:22

In 1.5 do You integrate the following mods?
- Living Zone by Skelja - Improved version of A-Life
- DoctorX Dynamic Faction Relations 1.8 - for dynamic relations between factions
- DoctorX Questlines 1.25 - for possibility of faction change during game and (optional) faction quest
- Outfit Addon 1.4.7 - for more armors
and one of weapon mod, Arsenal Overhaul 3.1 or STCoP Weapon Pack 2.8.0.7 - for more weapons and addons of course.

It will be awesome!

BUG REQUEST:
When using keyboard hot key for "companion move-to-point" ex. NUM5 there is green/red marker but when using mouse5 button, hotkey still work but there is no green/red marker (weird bug but a little annoying)

Thumba-umba
Scavenger

Postby Thumba-umba » 14 Aug 2017, 14:48

Alundaio wrote:If you need further clarification on some things let me know.

As a matter of fact, i do have some conflicting info on that. One is that some people say that protections from outfits, artifacts and drugs are not additive but cumulative, e.g. in Shadow of Chernobyl, for instance, having 50% armour and 50% armour in from artifacts yields effective (1-0.5)*(1-0.5)=0.25 incoming damage, instead of (1-0.5-0.5)=0%; despite the game clearly showing protections in the inventory screen as "50%+50%". This seems to hold true, for i once had a suit with 80% of some element protection, and on top of that extra 50% of the same element's protection from my worn artifacts. And i was still recieving damage from said element, although miniscule.
So how do one treat them?

The other thing is that convoluted way in which CS and CoP display the protections in the inventory. What do they even mean? Can i actually measure them? Looking into the .xml file, seems to me as though the devs just assigned some random senseless arbitrary multiplicators to immunitiy values.

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 14 Aug 2017, 15:38

Thumba-umba wrote:
The other thing is that convoluted way in which CS and CoP display the protections in the inventory. What do they even mean? Can i actually measure them? Looking into the .xml file, seems to me as though the devs just assigned some random senseless arbitrary multiplicators to immunitiy values.

These multiplicators are not arbitrary at all. Their purpose is to make an item's effects look better aesthetically in their in-game description. Most of the effects of an item be it a suit or an eatable item have their effects in percentages which would look pretty ugly on a description. For example, most of the items in the game that give you health regen have boosts such as 0.0001's. Therefore, it is better to multiply the health regen with 10000 in order to show +1 instead of +0.0001 in the in-game description of all the items so the player won't see the ugly internal number the game actually uses to calculate the boost.

Thumba-umba
Scavenger

Postby Thumba-umba » 14 Aug 2017, 16:44

xQd wrote:These multiplicators are not arbitrary at all. Their purpose is to make an item's effects look better aesthetically in their in-game description. Most of the effects of an item be it a suit or an eatable item have their effects in percentages which would look pretty ugly on a description. For example, most of the items in the game that give you health regen have boosts such as 0.0001's. Therefore, it is better to multiply the health regen with 10000 in order to show +1 instead of +0.0001 in the in-game description of all the items so the player won't see the ugly internal number the game actually uses to calculate the boost.

Well, that i understand. But consider this: according to Alundaio's notes, which he linked to above (unless there is a misunderstanding on my part), the shock damage calculation has to be the same as, say, psy damage calculation; here i have no reason to not believe Alundaio, since he is the one who digs the source code here, not me. Yet in CoP the value for burn protection displayed on artifacts in the inventory is an internal value multiplied by 20 or 30 (sorry, can't remember exact value, and forgive me the small fault of not having CoP's gamedata on my laptop right now). And for a psy attack the multiplier is something like 100 or 200. What is the reasoning behind this?

P.S.
About the stamina/health/satiety/rad regen: i assume the game's engine treats full health or radiation bar as 1 and depleted bar as 0, and 0.00001 value in config file simply means that 0.00001 of the corresponding bar is replenished/depleted every real-time second, right?

sinaps
Scavenger

Postby sinaps » 14 Aug 2017, 17:18

SadBlackFox wrote:В следующий раз пиши на русском.

Хорошо. Если открыть печку в тайнике или ящике, то она становится безразмерной. :o
Spoiler:

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 14 Aug 2017, 18:27

Thumba-umba wrote:
Alundaio wrote:If you need further clarification on some things let me know.

As a matter of fact, i do have some conflicting info on that. One is that some people say that protections from outfits, artifacts and drugs are not additive but cumulative, e.g. in Shadow of Chernobyl, for instance, having 50% armour and 50% armour in from artifacts yields effective (1-0.5)*(1-0.5)=0.25 incoming damage, instead of (1-0.5-0.5)=0%; despite the game clearly showing protections in the inventory screen as "50%+50%". This seems to hold true, for i once had a suit with 80% of some element protection, and on top of that extra 50% of the same element's protection from my worn artifacts. And i was still recieving damage from said element, although miniscule.
So how do one treat them?

What is in that pastebin is directly from the engine source code.

If you are talking about the UI display, that is unrelated to what is there.

In CS/CoP the outfit display is meaningless. It is literally just a value read from config and only GSC knows what it means. +5? +5 what, what does it mean? Nobody knows.

In CoC the percent for protections is based mostly on the max value. +5% protection doesn't mean you are done 5% less damage or that the base value is increased by 5%. It just means the outfit is 5% closer to max (100%), it correlates directly with the progress bar. For weapon parameters it's based on highest stat found on a weapon, but this will be skewed depending on your weapon mod. So for example, in base CoC, a weapon with a full damage bar is going to be the most powerful weapon. A weapon with half a bar, does half the damage of the highest damaging weapon. The point of the progress bars on equipment is for comparison purposes. Something with a bigger bar or value in CoC is better, in CoP, this actually was not the case. +5 could have given you 1% on the progress bar or 10%, it had no correlation.

As for upgrades, yes, they are cumulative and it should be already assumed in the formula they are added.

EDIT:

I will show you a real world example,

max_wound_protection (found in actor.ltx) is 0.5.
This means when you see +1% Wound Protection (claw icon) means you are gaining roughly +0.005 wound protection. In game, one of the rookie outfits has a +10% wound upgrade, this means +0.05 wound protection. If you look in outfit_upgrades you'll see it is indeed +0.05.

Now for weapon damage. In CoC, it's 1.2, so a +1% damage upgrade will give you about +0.012 hit_power.

keleset
Scavenger

Postby keleset » 15 Aug 2017, 12:46

Alundaio wrote:I just updated the pastebin to clarify some things and fixed a mistake where I listed something that was only used during multiplayer.

• The only Immunity in the hit calculation is from creature immunities (ie. actor.ltx, m_stalker.ltx), which can be boosted by consumables. Immunities listed for outfits is only to determine condition loss.
  • Outfit fire_wound protection is unused, and does not go into determining how much the player takes from bullets. Damage from most hit types is pretty straight forward:

So, does it mean that fire_wound protection gain from upgrades of outfits means nothing? Then the whole armor system needs a revamp, I think...
I guess, it's too difficult to implement the fire_wound protection through engine's code modification, right?
Without, at least, fire_wound protection implementation, bullet protection system is too complicated and doesn't make much sense.
Last edited by keleset on 15 Aug 2017, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 15 Aug 2017, 12:57

keleset wrote:
Alundaio wrote:I just updated the pastebin to clarify some things and fixed a mistake where I listed something that was only used during multiplayer.

So, does it mean that fire_wound protection gain from upgrades of outfits means nothing? Then the whole armor system needs a revamp, I think...
I guess, it's too difficult to implement the fire_wound protection through engine's code modification, right?

All the vanilla 'armor' upgrades usually improve hit_fraction_actor or bone protections as well. No revamp needed.

keleset
Scavenger

Postby keleset » 15 Aug 2017, 13:16

Alundaio wrote:All the vanilla 'armor' upgrades usually improve hit_fraction_actor or bone protections as well. No revamp needed.

Ok, that sounds good, but still, these outfit immunities differences between some armors are sometimes just ridiculus. Most of "helmless" outfits are way too fast to wear out, in comparison to exos and sevas or between all sevas and monolith seva (monolith one is 3+ times more durable). Can you, please, explain this?
Concidering the fact that you just can't wear 5 artifacts on belt with any of helmless gear, the build suit+helmet is way too underpowered, less alternatives->less interesting.

Thumba-umba
Scavenger

Postby Thumba-umba » 15 Aug 2017, 13:44

Alundaio wrote:I will show you a real world example,

max_wound_protection (found in actor.ltx) is 0.5.
This means when you see +1% Wound Protection (claw icon) means you are gaining roughly +0.005 wound protection. In game, one of the rookie outfits has a +10% wound upgrade, this means +0.05 wound protection. If you look in outfit_upgrades you'll see it is indeed +0.05.

Now for weapon damage. In CoC, it's 1.2, so a +1% damage upgrade will give you about +0.012 hit_power.

Apologies, my using the wrong word. I meant multiplicative when i said cumulative.
Actually i was not asking about upgrades, but how do outfit, booster/drug and artifact immunities interact.
Some might claim that an ingoming damade is calculated like this:
incoming_damage*outfit_protection*booster protection*artifact_protection;
Your version is:
incoming_damage*(outfit_protection - booster_protection - artifact protection). Right?

If you say this is how things are written in engine, then i have no more questions.

Return to “General Discussion”