Bugs and Issues Thread

Assquatch
Scavenger

Re: Bugs and Issues Thread

Postby Assquatch » 23 Jan 2017, 08:57

I get crash every time I want to visit Truck cemetery, I use only 2 mods All the upgrades 3.7 and AO3.1
heres link to my save http://www116.zippyshare.com/v/enIPXT76/file.html

EDIT: at the end of log you can see "Brak dalszych danych" it means no further information if that helps, also I did clean install of CoC and its fine untill I install AO3.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Jan 2017, 17:27

try lowering vision distance in graphic settings and/or -noprefetch in shortcut.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Assquatch
Scavenger

Postby Assquatch » 24 Jan 2017, 10:43

Did that and it didnt worked, I just reinstalled my CoC and mods again and it works for now

Kosmonaut45
Scavenger

Postby Kosmonaut45 » 26 Jan 2017, 13:12

Hi Alun, I've been having these random crashes coming from seemingly nowhere. These crashes don't send me right to desktop but instead what happened is that the game will somewhat seemingly stutter for a bit but never updates the frame although everything else is running, I can press escape and go to the pause menu, I can walk around and shoot and the sounds are there, opening inventory, etc. I'm just stuck in this particular frame. What I needed to do to make it actually crash was to enter 'vid_restart' into the console.

I'm running DX10.1 on nearly everything maxed out except sun quality and sun rays (both set to low), I don't use any AA and don't have any external AA enforced to the game, no reshade or any other external graphics enhancement. I have a crossfire configuration, I initially suspected that this was a driver specific problem but I can't seem to recreate this in any other DX10 games

This happens with or without addons, sometimes I can go well over 2 hours into the game without encountering this, sometimes it happens when I'm in the loading screen

This doesn't seem to happen in DX11 although I haven't yet played extensively with DX11

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : R
[error]Function : CHW::UpdateViews
[error]File : ..\xrRenderDX10\dx10HW.cpp
[error]Line : 1002
[error]Description : The application has made an erroneous API call that it had enough information to avoid. This error is intended to denote that the application should be altered to avoid the error. Use of the debug version of the DXGI.DLL will provide run-time debug output with further information.

stack trace:

0023:00B536F1 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::error()
0023:03FCD9D5 xrRender_R3.dll
0023:004107F2 xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::Reset()
0023:004555FA xrEngine.exe, CConsole::ExecuteCommand()
0023:00715E36 xrCDB.dll, ISpatial_DB::q_sphere()
0023:004554CC xrEngine.exe, CConsole::ExecuteCommand()
0023:004554C2 xrEngine.exe, CConsole::ExecuteCommand()
0023:004554B8 xrEngine.exe, CConsole::ExecuteCommand()
0023:08A95674 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()
0023:08A171D1 xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::IgnorePause()

theharkonnen
Scavenger

Postby theharkonnen » 06 Feb 2017, 19:18

I noticed the following in the latest version:

1. In lab X-18, poltergeists tend to "stick" to the wall. Some do so, some do not. Not game breaking, just strange.

2. Military players have two starts in Great Swamps. One at machine yard, one at village ruins. Maybe make one a Dark Escape start?

3. There seems to be waypoints behind the freedom mechanic in the Freedom military base. I have had up to four guys there.

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 22 Feb 2017, 10:13

AI pathfinding fails hard in Deserted Hospital, or some part of AImap is missing on one of the passages. (not sure whether screenshot is from 1.4.21 or 1.4.22)

Leaving a screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Feb 2017, 16:53

AI grid probably not wide enough there, otherwise they would not have issue even going through walls.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 05 Mar 2017, 08:26

Since few patches, NPCs have higher priority for looting than for entering danger mode when one of their friends gets killed.

Those poor army guys tried to loot one of their fallen comrades, completely ignoring me. Until one of them reached me with his eyes they were just lining up to catch a bullet to the head.

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 25 Mar 2017, 14:26

Critical Issue.

Companions do not work after a crash when you close the dialog window during rescue mission.
They won't listen and will meaninglessly go to the one of level entrances. The problem will remain until you successfully complete another rescue mission without a crash.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 26 Mar 2017, 21:04

Diegtiarov wrote:Since few patches, NPCs have higher priority for looting than for entering danger mode when one of their friends gets killed.

Those poor army guys tried to loot one of their fallen comrades, completely ignoring me. Until one of them reached me with his eyes they were just lining up to catch a bullet to the head.

This will be fixed.

The proper behaviour is that stalkers run up to corpses and examine them. They should crouch and examine the corpse and then run looking in the direction the killer should be.

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 27 Mar 2017, 14:20

By the time you will be fixing that, could you also look into jobs priorities? I mean that NPC was more likely to take the job without even checking the corpse that lied right under LMG nest. Some kind of increasing priority for examining if body is <= certain distance.

(after the action shown on the screens another NPC came here unaware)
http://imgur.com/a/HYXnJ

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 27 Mar 2017, 16:29

action schemes and jobs are unrelated. It goes by their visual memory. If they seen the stalker before he died they will know the corpse is there and there already is an "always check" distance. But only one NPC at a time can loot a corpse and it is not determined by whomever is closest to save on speed, it's whichever npc happens to detect it first and run their update first.

Diegtiarov
Trespasser

Postby Diegtiarov » 10 Jul 2017, 07:48

Stalker squads sometimes are left without any current_target nor target_smart assigned, even if there are completely unused/available smarties. This doesn't happen often, but seems like the script fails to assign a new target and then such squad is left wandering around until it dies.

So far I haven't found a way to reproduce this, it just happens from time to time - mostly when Offline simulation is enabled in entire Zone.

//EDIT
Stalkers who have taken surge jobs sometimes won't stop doing them until game is reloaded/they are attacked/they switch Online from Offline.
Observed in Mercenaries' base in Dead City.

//EDIT#2
Military seem to loop in that radio animation and then proceed to spam voice lines most of the times.

R00573R
Scavenger

Postby R00573R » 14 Jul 2017, 09:26

Hello.

I have been using version 1.4.19 with AO3 only. Runs great. Will crash to desktop when I ask to much of the engine I suppose, Night Vision, grenades, lots of things going on. Doesn't happen very often so no complaints there.
Always had a problem though with 1.4.22. I remember posting here about it a bit ago but since .19 runs good we kind of let fall by the way side.
Today I went back and decided to revisit .22 with AO3 only and see if it helps. Nope, still crashes when I try and get more than two things in spawn menu. pistol and ammo, will crash on the ammo with the same report.

* Loading HOM: c:\users\taco_jon\documents\my games\coc\coc final\ao3 set\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\levels\l01_escape\level.hom
* phase time: 30 ms
* phase cmem: 354323 K
* phase time: 15 ms
* phase time: 15 ms
* t-report - base: 1131, 601103 K
* t-report - lmap: 16, 16386 K
* WARNING: player not logged in
! Can't find texture 'map\map_l12u_control_monolith'
* phase time: 4860 ms
* phase cmem: 378393 K
* phase time: 65 ms
* phase cmem: 378391 K
* [win32]: free[2558164 K], reserved[80004 K], committed[1556072 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[674927 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[378391 K], game lua[31144 K], render[157 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[20914 K], smem[2123 K]
compiling shader model_def_hq_2
compiling shader model_def_lq_2
compiling shader model_def_lplanes_0
compiling shader model_def_lqs_1
compiling shader model_distort4glass_2
collectgarbage before=32747112Kb
collectgarbage after=22309558Kb
intro_start game_loaded
* MEMORY USAGE: 511688 K
* End of synchronization A[1] R[1]
intro_delete ::update_game_loaded
compiling shader yuv2rgb
* [win32]: free[2287460 K], reserved[96020 K], committed[1810760 K]
* [ D3D ]: textures[698132 K]
* [x-ray]: process heap[530982 K], game lua[35548 K], render[1317 K]
* [x-ray]: economy: strings[21813 K], smem[10067 K]

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : back_len.x+EPS_L>=0.0f && back_len.y+EPS_L>=0.0f
[error]Function : CUIFrameWindow::DrawElements
[error]File : ui\UIFrameWindow.cpp
[error]Line : 103
[error]Description : assertion failed

stack trace:

0023:00703783 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()
0023:0593E76D xrGame.dll, CDialogHolder::TopInputReceiver()
0023:0040F17A xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::message_loop()
0023:0040F23D xrEngine.exe, CRenderDevice::Run()
0023:0045EBDD xrEngine.exe, InitSound2()
0023:0045F363 xrEngine.exe, InitSound2()
0023:0045F466 xrEngine.exe, InitSound2()
0023:0046B1A3 xrEngine.exe, CApplication::load_draw_internal()
0023:75F5336A kernel32.dll, BaseThreadInitThunk()
0023:77319882 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()
0023:77319855 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()

=====================================END OF REPORT==================================

Hoping the next release addresses my problem. If it's a localized problem I am happy with .19
Thanks for your help and hard work. It really is appreciated

===============EDIT=====================

Sat down this morning with a cup-a and went through the updates. Started with the base game 1.4.12 and went thru the available updates to see how they reacted.
1.4.19 is stable
1.4.20 crashes with same error message as above.
1.4.21 crashes with same error message as above. (I tried it just to see)
1.4.22 crashes with same error message as above.

I would like to run Dr.X Quest lines but it won't run with .19 (one of the reasons I am trying to get this resolved)
AO3 and extra weight are running great with .19

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 18 Jul 2017, 03:55

1.There is a bug inside death_manager.script which executes the function decide_items_to_keep(npc) twice when an NPC dies. I have used a printf to determine this, it happens with all NPCs.

The consequences of this is iterating through the dead NPC's inventory twice, setting the condition and adding ammo to a weapon twice and so on...

I have found this while trying to remove some bullets from NPC's weapon's mag when they die(with no success by the way), so when the player unloads a weapon they no longer get a full mag.

2. Another bug which is pretty critical regarding Azazel mode.

If you die during a Psy Storm or Surge, the Psy Storm/Surge "take cover" task is automatically failed even though you take control of someone else. With that task failed, you will still die even if you are hidden inside a building.

Until the Psy Storm/Surge goes away, you will keep dying and take control of someone else. Pretty annoying.

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 25 Jul 2017, 05:41

There is a typo inside tm_yantar.ltx resulting in Sakharov never giving you the mutant parts task.

Here is the typo(an extra 'z' character):

Code: Select all

yan_stalker_sakharovz_task_1

This is how it should be:

yan_stalker_sakharov_task_1

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 25 Jul 2017, 18:46

The sakharov and the death manager issue has been fixed already in the 1.5 repo, I'll take a look at azazel problem.

sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE
Scavenger

Postby sLoPpYdOtBiGhOlE » 25 Jul 2017, 20:46

Hi,
Small script error in 1.4.22
You'll spot the error as soon as you look at the printf line in the script ;)
I'd put it down to a simple oversite as code progresses over time :)

Expression    : <no expression>
Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
File          : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
Line          : 189
Description   : fatal error
Arguments     : LUA error: ...e.r. - call of chernobyl\gamedata\scripts\sr_camp.script:274: attempt to index global 'npc' (a nil value)

stack trace:

0023:0056399C xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fatal()

Seemed repeatable when it happened.
PSI Storm hit in Garbage while I was pinging off bandits at the station, I dropped a pill and CTD.
Load last save, repeat actions and CTD.. rinse, lather, repeat.
I corrected the error and the crash is non existent for me now :)

Edit:
When looking at
https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/src/f54842af8b0fe8468d10bead3f37ccf3f5f0c60c/scripts/sr_camp.script?at=main
The line would be 268 and the error is still there.

xQd
Scavenger

Postby xQd » 30 Jul 2017, 11:06

Found some strange bug regarding faction goodwill.

So I just noticed that killing anyone from a faction won't decrease that faction's goodwill towards the actor, only the personal goodwill of the friends around the victim will be decreased below the enemy threshold. I think this is intentional, so that a faction that is supposed to be neutral to the player won't become permanently hostile to them. But I still think that there should be a slight decrease of a faction's goodwill towards you when you kill someone from that faction, so you would be forced to do some tasks for that faction so you wouldn't risk becoming a permanent enemy to it.

The strange bug is with all the important Clear Sky characters: Spore, Cold, Librarian and Novikov and Beard from Loners. Shooting at any one of them will decrease the corresponding faction's goodwill by 500 and killing them will decrease it by 2000, way below the enemy threshold of -1000. I don't know what could be the cause of this, I have tried killing important characters from Monolith, Bandits and Duty but their faction's goodwill towards me remained unchanged. It only happens to Beard and Clear Sky's important characters. Are they somewhat hardcoded? Because I found nothing in the files regarding these guys' influence towards the goodwill of their faction.

keleset
Scavenger

Postby keleset » 15 Aug 2017, 07:59

Don't know the actual version here:
but there is annoying bug with heat anomalies in that agroprom underground coridor (first coridor with snorks on video). You can barely see the activated anomaly, fire jet activated somewhere near the ceiling and pointed to the top, BUT it still does damage even if you are out of jet's way. Is this bug still present?
P.S. And why the grid door to the "vats of goo" hall with controller is closed? UPD: after some research - it can be opened by "F".

Return to “General Discussion”