" can't find bone , invalid bone count " XRay !actor editor

Seda145
Scavenger

" can't find bone , invalid bone count " XRay !actor editor

Postby Seda145 » 09 Jan 2018, 00:38

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on some projects, which also include new mutants for CoM.
One of my models is not accepted by the actor editor, and crashes in game, while it exports to ogf without problems.
I export the model + animations to .object, load it into the actor editor (no problems yet).
motions play fine until I switch from "Render Style: Editor" to "Render Style: Engine".
A long list of errors shows up all like this one:

Can't load: 'c:\blender 3d\zone expanded development\mods\mutants\7 hybrid\export model\ze_hybrid.ogf' invalid bones count
Can't find bone: 'ÿÿ'

I tried exporting to omf first and loading that file as motion reference, then I get another long list of errors telling me almost the same thing.
I really need to get this model ingame (custom models will be a main part of my mission mod).

It's not clear to me where animations are set to play on action (eat/stand/attack/grab) for mutants, so I use the configuration for a flesh, while giving all of my custom mutant's animations the same names as the ones a flesh uses. (I hope) that is the right way to do it.
The model itself has 61 custom named bones based on the standard stalker (removed some added some).
All bones are used in every animation, every vert is assigned to a bone, I can't see a problem there.

What should I do now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Re: " can't find bone , invalid bone count " XRay !actor editor

Postby el_chupacabra » 10 Jan 2018, 16:16

Looks like your bones have funny names, or once exported the AE can't make anything of them. Look at the names in the error list and try to see if it matches something in your model.
If you used the same skeleton as a default Stalker monster, bones should use same names.

Seda145
Scavenger

Postby Seda145 » 11 Jan 2018, 03:50

The bones use the same names as the original stalker skeleton uses, then I removed a few of them and added my own bones with custom names. The names do not contain weird characters, they are like claw_l_1, burst_shield_l , can the engine handle custom names? I use one animation with a custom name too, it plays fine in the editor like the other animations. I am not using any motion references, that can't be the issue

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Postby el_chupacabra » 16 Jan 2018, 17:03

Ok I had the exact same issue as you with a default model and bones.
I fixed it by clearing all animations (when adding motion reference I think) from the actor editor scene.
Tell me if you get it working like that, if not I'll post the exact process to do it.

Seda145
Scavenger

Postby Seda145 » 28 Jan 2018, 18:04

I've been away for a while, sorry guys. I'm still working very often on the mod :). I haven't got this custom mutant working yet :( what's funny us that I was working on an animated tent model lately with just one animation, that gave the same error. I fixed it from within blender3D but I haven't got an idea how. @el_chupacabra what do you mean with clearing references? The model does not use a reference file (OMF) if it does it gets the same errors

Return to “General Discussion”