In search of english tutorials for Level Editor

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

In search of english tutorials for Level Editor

Postby el_chupacabra » 17 Oct 2017, 16:10

Hello stalkers.
I finally have some time to get my hands into XRay SDK 0.7.
I want to build a solid mod for CoP since years, but I was missing time to learn how to handle levels.
I already know how to add models, textures and animations for characters, monsters, play with some config files but the main obstacle for me is levels. (my actual job is 3D/2D artist for a video game company so I have the basics covered).

So I am looking for a tutorial or several tutorials explaining the process of editing, compiling a map in Level Editor, and loading this custom map ingame. If possible in english (or french haha). Just the basics of getting a small level to work would be enough, once I could reproduce the process of going from Level Editor to the game I am fine. Thank you.

Bangalore
Explorer

Re: In search of english tutorials for Level Editor

Postby Bangalore » 18 Oct 2017, 01:23

"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Postby el_chupacabra » 18 Oct 2017, 05:45

Thanks a lot for these links.
Quick question : I have the CoC SDK too, are the maps objects in there compatible with CoP SDK ? I had no issue with characters, played with monsters and humans with no issues but I didn't touch levels.

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 18 Oct 2017, 06:38

*.object files are compatible between all (soc, cs, cop) SDK, regardless they are map geometry, static objects, npc/monster modells etc.

*.ogf files are very different case, these are object files with animations converted into ogf files: SOC character modells, and CS/COP character modells are different, CS/COP npc modells have 2 extra bones. Some COP monsters are different too from SOC/CS monsters, because they have very different bone structures.
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Postby el_chupacabra » 18 Oct 2017, 08:14

Ok I see. Thanks a lot.

olivius74
Loner

Postby olivius74 » 18 Oct 2017, 09:40

Hello Dear Guys

Here also there are many useful informations :

http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=693&p=6801&hilit=borovos+video#p6801

And also Borovos made a great video fours years ago ,that explain how to create one level :

https://youtu.be/2C7X2aznqfQ

el_chupacabra
Scavenger

Postby el_chupacabra » 19 Oct 2017, 10:08

Thanks again for all that content.
I love Borovos tutorial, I already had that one even if I didn't use it back then. That's probably the first step I will make, follow that one and see where it leads.

Return to “General Discussion”