I need a heads up, badly

that guy

I need a heads up, badly

Postby that guy » 29 Mar 2014, 10:34

Hello everyone.

This is my 1st post, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat is my first stalker game. But I didn't like it out of the box, so I immediately sought mods to improve at least its graphics. Of course I also searched for unofficial or community patches to fix the bugs left pending by the last official patch (every modern game seems to follow this trend anyway).

So you see, Call of Pripyat "Complete" looked like the best bet for one like me. But now I find problems in Complete (I won't list them to keep this post short) and I have no idea how to fix them.

I understand that Complete is a collection of other mods and bug fixes. So I tried to fetch the individual mods, or -better yet- their updated versions... I had little success. Most links are dead, and the people who created those mods are unavailable.

The only mods surviving this far are the big ones, which are -for the most part- collections of other mods and bugfixes themselves. Yet everytime it's a single package to either swallow whole, or not at all. What if I disagree with some of these mods' features? What if I don't wish them to change my gameplay?

Complete was essentially a graphics update with bugfixes thrown in, without changing the gameplay. The Sleeping bag could be ignored, and the looting of money off corpses wouldn't make you rich any sooner, really.
I wished to expand on what Complete does. I wanted to find the individual mods that were used to assemble it, and then add more things.
But I realize it's impossible. It's too late: things have disappeared.

My *new* best bet is to switch to one other of the big mods. But _which_ one? I don't know how many there are, I don't know their names, and I don't know their features. I want the closest thing possible to what Complete is (that is: fix my bugs, up my graphics, but don't touch my gameplay), just without its problems. But I know almost nothing about this game and the mods for it.

I previously registered at the GSC forums. The place appears to be dead. The only 1 user (one of the forum veterans, no less) who posted anything *after* I did, didn't care to say me anything. Not very encouraging...

Now here I am, in desperate search of an active community to get in touch with. I need people to tell me what's available today, and maybe find a kind soul to answer my many questions, because I alone can't find the bearing in this mess of broken links and websites that have stopped working.

So, is there anybody out there?

Re: I need a heads up, badly

Postby Alundaio » 29 Mar 2014, 22:11

Uh pripyat reborn?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Return to “General Discussion”