Pripyat Reborn [discussion]

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Pripyat Reborn [discussion]

Postby Alundaio » 10 Dec 2013, 03:15

I really, really like the changes I did to the meet scheme. But I find it really annoying in some situations, so I'm going to make it so Stalkers remember if they first met you, at least as long as they are online. So from now on, when you speak to an NPC at least once he will only care if you point the gun in his face within just a couple feet instead of the current 10m I have it at now. This will also allow me to jack up the range in which they spot you running around with your gun out; this should make the Zone seem a bit more hostile instead of the friendly happy fest it is now.

Also, if you stand around long enough very close with your gun out, you are going to get punched in the face. Should I make it so Bandits and Mercs shoot at you?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Swartz
Adventurer

Re: Pripyat Reborn [discussion]

Postby Swartz » 10 Dec 2013, 10:22

I agree with the changes you want to do to the meet scheme, it can be annoying when someone knows you and still gets upset. I think bandits and mercs should open-fire after a while yeah but maybe have that configurable so mod authors can decide.

So I finally completed all the Zaton missions after the latest patches and haven't seen anymore bugs. Should I head out to Jupiter now for further testing or should I wait until you merge in the Unofficial patch?
In terms of the Unofficial patch, I know it touches the all.spawn so since everyone these days pretty much uses Absolute Nature 3 Full do you think you could make a compatible version of it's all.spawn with the patch changes?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 10 Dec 2013, 11:36

I did a compare between the two and it looked like a very daunting task. Everything in AN3 all.spawn is different. But I'll try, though.

That's up to you if you want to proceed. I need to tweak a few things here and there as well as test a couple things. The merging is complete and I even have two different all.spawns ready, one with Unofficial patch + unreachable stash mod and then one with my game.graph merged in.

Combat ignore is almost perfect now and I need to do some slight reworking to danger because I noticed something odd with the scripted danger feature by rulix. It seems to lock NPCs in place on some schemes.

Thanks for taking the time to play out all of Zaton, I really appreciate it.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

Swartz
Adventurer

Postby Swartz » 18 Dec 2013, 09:35

I've really been enjoying this mod and I like some of the little touches you've done like where the mechanic has to take time to repair equipment (not focusing on AI stuff in this post).

One thing I was wondering since it seems like you're improving the overall game in addition to improving the AI: when selling items to Owl or other traders there are always a lot of items they won't accept. There isn't really anything that can be done with these things other than toss them on the ground somewhere. The easiest fix for this would of course be to change the trader configs so they buy anything, but not all mods will want that and it can break the economy.
Anyways, my point is have you considered adding some sort of thing into the game where the player can place unwanted items which periodically gets deleted?

A mod called SGM has a system like this where there is a box placed near the mechanic which you can deposit items into. The mechanic uses them for scrap to reduce cost of repairs. Another thing is there's a little box added near your personal box, and if you put items into it you can come back later, the items will be gone, and you'll receive a tiny bit of money from donations stalkers leave for the items.

I'm not saying the way SGM went about it is what you should do, I just think something that takes care of that issue would be nice as it has always bugged me about this game.

--
Another thing I forgot to mention is the new lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll that Bangalore compiled. It reduces stuttering in the game a good bit and I consider it a must-have now. Maybe it would be worth bundling it in since you're doing unofficial patch stuff too. Here's a download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/15brg ... .1.1.4.dll

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 19 Dec 2013, 00:52

I like those suggestions.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 20 Dec 2013, 19:23

See guys, the buggy dancing is a feature:

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Dec 2013, 10:04

Holy shit my changes to rx_ff made combat fucking awesome. I used the same setup I did for the xr_meet changes but with the assault animation. Nuts.

Swartz
Adventurer

Postby Swartz » 22 Dec 2013, 10:25

Gimme. Gimme now! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 22 Dec 2013, 11:20

Alundaio wrote:Holy shit my changes to rx_ff made combat fucking awesome. I used the same setup I did for the xr_meet changes but with the assault animation. Nuts.

I officially give you the "knight in shining armour" title, in behalf of beta testers. :mrgreen:
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Dec 2013, 11:35

The only sad thing is stalkers no longer do the bandit dance when ally in line-of-fire.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Dec 2013, 12:33

IF YOU DOWNLOADED THE FULL or PATCH before this moment in time please do so again. There was a big issue which should now be fixed.

If you already merged or did whatever to the 1.11 patch, all you need is rx_ff.script

It's a fucking curse, I'm sorry. :oops:

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Dec 2013, 13:54

Other then Swartz, people seem pretty silent on feedback and criticism. How is performance? Has anyone noticed any decreases, increases, fast loading times or slower loading times?

DanielRS
Scavenger

Postby DanielRS » 22 Dec 2013, 19:57

Everything is working pretty good, I feel the load times are faster than vanilla, however there's something I don't like, If I open the PDA there's A LOT of locations in there, looks like all the missions available in the game are marked, how can I get rid of this? I already got rid of the debug HUD by modying axr_options.ini

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 22 Dec 2013, 20:38

Left debug on by accident. Go to gamedata\configs\debug\xrs_debug_tools.ltx.

DanielRS
Scavenger

Postby DanielRS » 22 Dec 2013, 20:59

Thank you! That worked. I loved the fact that this mod works as a plugin and doesn't modify any original files, that's great.

Edit: The game engine crashes when an emission is going to start, tried 3 times already and always crashes. The debug thing said something about xrCore.dll.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Dec 2013, 08:44

I'll look into it but that might be tied into another issue I've recognized. Apologies I had to get full nights rest last night as I've literally stayed up all weekend. The C Stack Error was a bitch to debug, btw. Some reason the FF scheme was running more then once per NPC which caused infinite recursion. Simply changing a precondition check fixed it entirely for only god knows why.

I think Swartz reported crash with Mercs was related to helping wounded which is fixed. Both these errors are similar because they both dealt with improper preconditions for the scheme. It shouldn't be happening really so I'm going to look over state manager to make sure it's working properly. I know nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I explain, but oh well.

Swartz
Adventurer

Postby Swartz » 23 Dec 2013, 10:07

I'm sure we have some lurkers here who understand the LUA speak, lol.

I'm redownloading the mod to make sure I have all the correct and current files. Do I need to download the patch too like on your ModDB page or did you update the main link to be all inclusive?

Also in terms of loading times they are definitely faster. In game there also seems to be less stuttering than before.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Dec 2013, 11:13

Well the latest patch is kinda broken, not just the rx_ff.script, it's also some other things.

And god damn, I tried to test something using the vanilla game as the control, holy shit the game sucks without my mod. I couldn't even test combat because they just ignore you if you are far enough away.

r_populik
Scavenger

Postby r_populik » 23 Dec 2013, 11:25

Alundaio wrote:holy shit the game sucks without my mod

Exactly. That's why you must make it as stable as possible. Otherwise, we will be forced to stop playing Stalker for ever ;)

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 23 Dec 2013, 13:59

r_populik wrote:
Alundaio wrote:holy shit the game sucks without my mod

Exactly. That's why you must make it as stable as possible. Otherwise, we will be forced to stop playing Stalker for ever ;)

I'm trying. Every time I fix one thing I break two other things.

I found something hilarious. How come nobody ever told me dynamic music never worked in my mod? I usually have it disabled in options but I noticed music playing when I was in combat in vanilla. Anyway, I fixed that.

Return to “General Discussion”