Anyone here?

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Anyone here?

Postby Alundaio » 25 Nov 2013, 01:42

Anyone still alive?
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

r_populik
Scavenger

Re: Anyone here?

Postby r_populik » 26 Nov 2013, 10:31

Yep, I've been looking here from time to time to check if you are still alive ;)

Swartz
Adventurer

Postby Swartz » 26 Nov 2013, 10:36

Reporting in sir.

I had also wondered if you had in fact died.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 26 Nov 2013, 17:27

Maybe I'm a ghost. :P

What you guys been up to? You still modding?

I was searching my name on GSC one day and seen how sad people were I didn't release an updated AI Tweaks like I promised. I'm back temporarily to attempt to make that happen and maybe finished some unfinished things or fixes.
"I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident; that all mods are created equal."

r_populik
Scavenger

Postby r_populik » 26 Nov 2013, 17:43

I'm currently working on second version of my weapons mod. And I am really looking forward to test it with stable AI tweaks. Playing COP without it doesn't make sense any more.

Swartz
Adventurer

Postby Swartz » 26 Nov 2013, 18:47

I'm kinda done modding Stalker and done playing it too at this point, I'm mainly just around to see what others are up to.

r_populik's weapon mod v2 plus a new AI Tweaks will make me play the game again though.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 26 Nov 2013, 18:56

Stability is my priority. AI Tweaks 2.03 is pretty stable except for the problems with rx_facer and it's inability to be merged with my other mods. However there was a lot of changes to it, in Misery. I ripped out all the scripts and configs from my Misery beta 7 build. I'm going through one feature at a time and testing/fixing features.

Next release is going to contain all these:
  • Atmosfear with options menu and settings that are independent from save games. (Working/Done)
  • Close Captioning (Working/Done)
  • Radio Mini-mod (Working/Done)
  • Item mini-mod which contains Mutant Looting, Equipment repair system, Actor rucksack, Stash mod and sleeping bag (Working/Done)
  • LIOS, rx_ff, rx_gl and rx_facer (Working/Done)
  • Surrendering NPCs (Dialog needs fixed)
  • Dynamic Spawn System (Needs re-worked so that it doesn't save data on se_actor, to prevent actor corruption)
  • More efficient smart_terrain.script (Working/Done)
  • Faster loading of the dynamic gulag LTX in gulag_general.script (Can't find the script I was working on before, but it made loads a tad faster, TBD)
  • Updated Behavior Scheme and Camper scheme that can parse ltx data to perform actions which removes the dependency on defining paths and waypoints in all.spawn. It also makes adding new jobs easy as shit (Done/Working)
  • Updated animpoint script that allows animpoint animation and facing direction to be defined in logic (Done/Working)
  • More efficient State Manager designed to avoid methods that can cause C Stack Errors over time. (Done/Working but may need further testing)
  • The greatest in-game Debugging tools known to Call of Pripyat, XRS_DEBUG_TOOLS (Done/Working makes my life easier)
  • More efficient dialog_manager.script. Recently added more safeguards to prevent dialog crashes. (Done/Working still needs further testing in Jupiter where common dialog crashes occur)
  • Over 11,000 lines of new dialog by Damjan, with his permission (Done/Working)
  • Stalkers change outfits! (Working/Done)
  • Stalkers use addons. (Has a bug still, low priority, but plan to fix)
  • Companions will be back (Needs to be fixed for updated beh scheme and need to add behavior for when Actor enters the 3 safe bases.)
  • Tons of other cool shit and everything that was in previous versions!

r_populik
Scavenger

Postby r_populik » 27 Nov 2013, 01:58

It sounds really great. Also, it would be nice to add mutant looting system created for Misery or maybe release it as a standalone mini-mod.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 27 Nov 2013, 03:21

Yeah, the Mutant looting is in. It's all going pretty smooth and I'm starting to remember more; it's all clicking together again. All this code is really intimidating when you don't remember what it all does or how it works.

Swartz
Adventurer

Postby Swartz » 27 Nov 2013, 14:02

That does sound great. I'm looking forward to it.

I have a small request but I don't know if it's really worth your time to do it:

NPC's with RPG-7's will often manage to blow themselves and their friends up in vanilla. I know they're less likely to kill friends now that friendly fire is checked on, but in terms of blowing themselves up I think the issue is they don't check to see if there is an obstruction in front of them prior to firing. I don't think they check distance either as I've seen them fire one at close range.

Again, not sure if this is worth investing your time in, it's just an AI annoyance.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 30 Nov 2013, 16:47

Why you delete your post Bangalore?

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 01 Dec 2013, 06:08

Alundaio wrote:Why you delete your post Bangalore?

I'm just checking if someone's here or not. :)
So i'm glad you returned. :mrgreen:

Sorry for bothering you with questions and requests, but i can't hope to get an answer elsewhere, and i don't know, maybe you solved them in ai tweaks and i just don't know about it.

I'm seeking a proper surge hide scheme, which makes npc squads immediately run to the nearest surge cover? Currently, the squads which targeted a distant smart terrain (1-2 maps away), die on the run, because it's too far, and they don't choose to run to the nearest cover.

Another problem, that somewhow i should restrict alife (mutants, enemies) from using certain graph points in offline - i have problems in Bar map, as enemies/mutants become online near traders/repairers, and this ruin some things. I have no problems to disable them the Bar's smart terrains as a target, but they usually travel across Bar map, and if they become online, shit happens. Is it possible to solve this with scripts? sim_squad_actions.script, with modifying sim_squad_scripted:set_location_types or with a new graph point mask type?
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 01 Dec 2013, 06:46

I'm seeking a proper surge hide scheme, which makes npc squads immediately run to the nearest surge cover? Currently, the squads which targeted a distant smart terrain (1-2 maps away), die on the run, because it's too far, and they don't choose to run to the nearest cover.

Yeah, Stalkers tend to fill the first available job they can find, regardless of distance. You can add in a distance check in the gulag_general.script for the surge job precondition. But it's possible that stalkers will die if there aren't enough nearby surge cover. Might be difficult to do without writing a new scheme.

Another problem, that somewhow i should restrict alife (mutants, enemies) from using certain graph points in offline - i have problems in Bar map, as enemies/mutants become online near traders/repairers, and this ruin some things. I have no problems to disable them the Bar's smart terrains as a target, but they usually travel across Bar map, and if they become online, shit happens. Is it possible to solve this with scripts? sim_squad_actions.script, with modifying sim_squad_scripted:set_location_types or with a new graph point mask type?

Not that I know of. You can prohibit monster squads from traveling to the level, though. Are you using my updated simulation_objects.script? The one where you can specify enter_levels and exit_levels? You can easily use condition lists to prevent monsters from entering the map:

simulation_objects.script
xr_conditions.script
config\ai_tweaks\simulation_objects.ltx

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 01 Dec 2013, 07:26

Alundaio wrote:Not that I know of. You can prohibit monster squads from traveling to the level, though. Are you using my updated simulation_objects.script? The one where you can specify enter_levels and exit_levels? You can easily use condition lists to prevent monsters from entering the map:

simulation_objects.script
xr_conditions.script
config\ai_tweaks\simulation_objects.ltx

I have mutant smarties near Bar outposts, and dogs attacking the guards, i wouldn't like to delete this. I can't disable the complete map for mutants. Enemy squads are also a pain here.

Alundaio wrote:Yeah, Stalkers tend to fill the first available job they can find, regardless of distance. You can add in a distance check in the gulag_general.script for the surge job precondition. But it's possible that stalkers will die if there aren't enough nearby surge cover.

How to add distance check for surge jobs? :D
I tried to solve this to add a function, which allows squads only target surge flagged smarties on their current map, but i failed with scripts (again). With a distance check, it could work beautifully, if they check and fill surge jobs on their current map, in a certain radius.
"Some sort of pressure must exist; the artist exists because the world is not perfect. Art would be useless if the world were perfect, as man wouldn’t look for harmony but would simply live in it. Art is born out of an ill-designed world."

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 01 Dec 2013, 16:47

Where are they traveling? If you prevent them from taking jobs outside of the map and only limit their smarts I don't see how they would ever travel to places they aren't allowed.

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 02 Dec 2013, 05:06

Alundaio wrote:Where are they traveling? If you prevent them from taking jobs outside of the map and only limit their smarts I don't see how they would ever travel to places they aren't allowed.

These restrictions ruin the mods base concept, the randomized alife. I wouldn't like too much logic script and restrict smarties.

An example why are they traveling through Bar: a merc squad spawns in Wild Territory, and targets a smartie on Garbage. Bar map is on their way, and they travelling across Bar on the route to Garbage. But it happened with mutant squads too, they became online in 100rads Bar, near Barman. :D

But nevermind, i have an idea, i make "cheat" graph points for ai, so they can travel directly from Wild Territory to Garbage, and so on. Every map around Bar will have direct contacts with distant maps, so squads don't have to travel through Bar.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 04 Dec 2013, 20:02

I was thinking. It wouldn't be too hard to add in NPC trading in bases. It can just be a job at the smart terrain with a precondition that checks if the NPC wants to trade. Determining if an NPC has equipment to sell can be set up as some sort of threshold. Would also need a sort of keep items list so NPCs don't sell stuff they need, like their weapons and food.

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 05 Dec 2013, 15:30

Alundaio wrote:I was thinking. It wouldn't be too hard to add in NPC trading in bases. It can just be a job at the smart terrain with a precondition that checks if the NPC wants to trade. Determining if an NPC has equipment to sell can be set up as some sort of threshold. Would also need a sort of keep items list so NPCs don't sell stuff they need, like their weapons and food.

:o
Awesome idea! If an NPC collects certain amount of stuff, with many-many items, he chooses a trader job in a smartie and the trader icon appears on pda map - let's trade.

In reverse, would it be possible to make NPCs go to traders and sell their stuff, so it raises NPC money, and actor can sell additional stuff to NPC? This, with artifact collector smartie jobs+artifact looting could make a nice competition with the actor.

Alundaio
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Postby Alundaio » 05 Dec 2013, 18:03

In reverse, would it be possible to make NPCs go to traders and sell their stuff, so it raises NPC money, and actor can sell additional stuff to NPC? This, with artifact collector smartie jobs+artifact looting could make a nice competition with the actor.

That's what I meant. 3 jobs could be set up in the bases, one for each squad member, with one that uses the animpoint table stand animation in front of Beard or Awl. The actual exchange of items/money can be done in the logic for the job with additional xr_conditions and xr_effects functions.

If done correctly I can see the Skadovsk being a hub where stalkers come from all over to trade with Beard and Owl.

Bangalore
Explorer

Postby Bangalore » 06 Dec 2013, 09:11

If it's properly done, the AI will have almost the same oppurtunities like actor.

The original concept of GSC was that ai could pick quests from traders as well, like the player, for example "bring me an artefact", and the main goal was for any npc to solve the mystery of the zone, and solve all the quests.
If 2 npc met in offline (they occupied the same graph point), there were multiple outcome, turn based fight occured, or one npc runned away or they simply gone past each other or they traded with each other etc. etc.

This is a good read about stalker alife and ai, maybe you know this:
http://aigamedev.com/open/article/stalker-alife/

Return to “General Discussion”